PDA

View Full Version : Got a ride on the RT

DannyS
11-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Swung by the shop today and they had the RTS parked right up front. Roger came out to meet me with the key and we went over the bike the bags close sort of hard, hard to get them to latch but I am sure that will loosen up. Love the electric set and release of the parking brake. Takes a while for all the electrics to start up much longer than the GS. I was not expecting to ride it but could not resist. They forced a full helmet on my head, yes forced is the word it was a little small. I never had to lower the shield the wind blocking of the faring/windshield is great. Not a bad sound winding it up from the exhaust but at idle and cruising you don't hear it. The stereo is OK not as awesome as I expected, but better than those ear phones I have. I am sure some company is working on speaker upgrades and a sub-woofer as we sit here. Seat is not as comfortable as the Corbin in my opinion. I am not sure how you long legged guys are going to fair. Stopped by where I work and the guys gathered around they seemed to really like it. Will I be buying one, not right away but I could see one in the distant future. It needs the magic mans mud flaps My bike is paid for
so I would lose to much today, Still not sure if all the money is worth it. It is ten grand more than the RS and I am just not sure there is ten grand more there. If you are thinking of one don't worry about power it has plenty. It is not tamed that much still fun. By the way I did not have my gloves and it was cloudy and about 53, I set the hand-grip warmers on low and my hands just did not get cold! Love those warmers. Also nothing got hot it seems they solved the heat problem. When you shut it off the fan keeps running for a while. Also neutral seemed easer to find. After about 30 seconds I forgot all about the fly by wire throttle control felt fine. The dealer said they had sold two blue ones and were suppose to get one in Feb and the other in March. :doorag:

BumbleBee
11-21-2009, 09:37 PM
:2thumbs: Did you place your order?

When you place your order, add your name to our Rt list;

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14987

Spoke to our Dealer today, they have 29 pre-orders so far. :clap: