PDA

View Full Version : In love with the RT!

Sekhet
11-21-2009, 01:08 AM
All Seasons Can-Am, here in New Martinsville, WV, finally got their RT-S demo and Carl brought it to my place of business. WOW! :yikes: All the videos and pictures just don’t do it any justice. The RT-S is a thing of beauty. I took it for a test ride and immediately fell in love with the way it handles. Come Monday or Tuesday I’ll be ordering a manual shift RT-S-PE and I’m giving some serious thought to going ahead and getting the trailer as well.

The only concern I have is that Carl told me that for some reason they couldn’t get the front hood to open using the electric release and that there is not any back-up way to open the hood. :gaah: I’m sure that BRP will get it sorted out by delivery time. I just hope they implement some kind of manual release for the hood.:pray:

Anyway, I hope everyone has good Spyder dreams!:spyder:

dltang
11-21-2009, 01:24 AM
All Seasons Can-Am, here in New Martinsville, WV, finally got their RT-S demo and Carl brought it to my place of business. WOW! :yikes: All the videos and pictures just don’t do it any justice. The RT-S is a thing of beauty. I took it for a test ride and immediately fell in love with the way it handles. Come Monday or Tuesday I’ll be ordering a manual shift RT-S-PE and I’m giving some serious thought to going ahead and getting the trailer as well.

The only concern I have is that Carl told me that for some reason they couldn’t get the front hood to open using the electric release and that there is not any back-up way to open the hood. :gaah: I’m sure that BRP will get it sorted out by delivery time. I just hope they implement some kind of manual release for the hood.:pray:

Actually, you should be able to open the hood with the key too. Press in with the key and turn to the right.

BumbleBee
11-21-2009, 05:10 AM

welcome, When you order the RT, add your name to the list :2thumbs:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14987&page=5

fastfraser
11-21-2009, 07:44 AM
welcome

sixpack
11-21-2009, 08:09 AM
welcome

NancysToy
11-21-2009, 09:03 AM
welcome I agree that the RT-S is a neat machine. I ordered mine without ever seeing one, and was getting cold feet recently. Seeing it in person several times this week, and riding it last weekend, left no doubt that I did the right thing in ordering one. Now it is harder to wait. :D :2excited:

The engine must be running for the electric latch to release, as I recall. It also releases with the ignition off by pushing inward on the key, and rotating counterclockwise, just like the original Spyder. They have changed the trunk latch to a bearclaw type latch. On the first RT I rode, the trunk woundn't even latch. Inspection showed the bearclaw adjusted at its lowest level, so the bar wouldn't even catch. On the second I saw, the electric release worked fine, but the key wouldn't turn far enough for release without pushing in on the trunk lid. It needs a little more adjustment. The trunk liner raises the lid gasket slightly, and it needs to be compensated for.

I think all your dealer has to do is adjust and lube the latch and it will be fine. BTW, it appears that a trunk popper spring will be unnecessary with this new type of latch.

Lamonster
11-21-2009, 09:16 AM
:congrats::spyder2:welcome:doorag:

SpyderWolf
11-21-2009, 09:56 AM
welcome

Roaddog2
11-21-2009, 10:23 AM
:congrats:welcome:doorag:

Big Arm
11-21-2009, 11:06 AM
:congrats: Sekhet welcome Enjoy :clap:

Sekhet
11-23-2009, 04:17 PM
I think all your dealer has to do is adjust and lube the latch and it will be fine. BTW, it appears that a trunk popper spring will be unnecessary with this new type of latch.
:agree:with you Scotty, a spring will defiantly not be needed for the trunk.

And thanks for the other info, you all have eased my concerns. Now comes the hardest part, parting with my down payment and the long wait!:popcorn:

mrwidget
11-23-2009, 08:34 PM
:congrats:welcome