PDA

View Full Version : NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE ALREADY!!

OkiNutsEP3
11-20-2009, 07:12 PM
I just found out today that there is a new software update for the RT. Basically what happens is when the tripometer hits 9.9, 10hrs, the display turns orange. You turn the key on, Can Am is displayed, and the display comes up. Hit mode to start unit, and the screens turns orange. As far as I believe normal operation, but no display.
Had a RT owner from Canada stop by with this problem. Brp has a letter that states, that a software update will be availible soon. I'm sorry, but if it starts like this, whats next?

Lamonster
11-20-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that not all RT's are doing this. The one I had for 2500 miles didn't do this and the one I have now is a production unit so I'll let you know when I get to that. Should be this weekend for sure.

tatt2r
11-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Unheard that if u turn key off and onreally fast and say spyder 3 times backwards that a hole in the ozone layer opens up you can ride in warmth for the whole day ,,,,, amazing ,,,,, what will they think of next :joke:

SpyderWolf
11-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Unheard that if u turn key off and onreally fast and say spyder 3 times backwards that a hole in the ozone layer opens up you can ride in warmth for the whole day ,,,,, amazing ,,,,, what will they think of next :joke:

Thanks for the tip, I will be trying that one tomorrow! Now, if they could come up with one to stop the rain, I would be set! :roflblack:

OkiNutsEP3
11-20-2009, 08:49 PM
would you like to copy and paste the BRP letter?

Smylinacha
11-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Orange? Wow, would look sweet happening on a Timeless Black one - HDX would have his Harley Colors!:clap:

Some Guy
11-20-2009, 09:41 PM

Well...I love my GS, but that's the best reason ever to buy an RT!

WCU (Weather Control Unit)...another set of letters to add to the Spyder family! :thumbup:

bjt
11-20-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that not all RT's are doing this. The one I had for 2500 miles didn't do this and the one I have now is a production unit so I'll let you know when I get to that. Should be this weekend for sure.

Did you get that mileage with less than 10 hours on the trip meter? :D

BajaRon
11-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Did you get that mileage with less than 10 hours on the trip meter? :D

Don't bother asking....sometimes you get an answer you don't want.

Besides, Lamont never looks at gauges, especially if they are telling him how fast he is going, how far he went or how long it took him to get there.... :dontknow:

One day, while riding our M109R's, I asked him why we hit 130mph up an on-ramp to I-40...

BajaRon
11-20-2009, 11:57 PM
I just found out today that there is a new software update for the RT. Basically what happens is when the tripometer hits 9.9, 10hrs, the display turns orange. You turn the key on, Can Am is displayed, and the display comes up. Hit mode to start unit, and the screens turns orange. As far as I believe normal operation, but no display.
Had a RT owner from Canada stop by with this problem. Brp has a letter that states, that a software update will be availible soon. I'm sorry, but if it starts like this, whats next?

RT's only do that with people they don't like riding them... And if you think that's bad, you should see what happens at 20 hours! :roflblack:

Lamonster
11-21-2009, 09:20 AM
would you like to copy and paste the BRP letter?
No need, I believe you. With 400,000 lines of code I'm sure there will be quite a few software updates as time goes by. Most everything that has a computer in it gets updates, some to fix problems they didn't know about and some to make it better. :doorag:

OkiNutsEP3
11-21-2009, 05:42 PM
the whole scrren turns orange. That's it. You can't see anything, just orange. I want to see if our demo unit does this at 10hrs, or if it just the canadian model. Our demo has a ignition switch connector bulletin on it. I guess if you turn the handle bars, there is a possibility the connecter could come unplugged.

Lamonster
11-21-2009, 05:51 PM
the whole scrren turns orange. That's it. You can't see anything, just orange. I want to see if our demo unit does this at 10hrs, or if it just the canadian model. Our demo has a ignition switch connector bulletin on it. I guess if you turn the handle bars, there is a possibility the connecter could come unplugged.

They had a ziptie that was causing the problem that needs to be removed and attached in another area. I checked mine and it seems to be fine. This is something they just now found out.

docdoru
11-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Cut the zip tide, free 3-4 inches on the cable, reapply the zip tide and you’re done.
It was happening only when turn the handlebar to the right....

michaels cycle
11-21-2009, 09:25 PM
When I talk to my RT wrench the other day, he said there are 3 main computers on the RT's.

If there's trouble down the road, warranty or not, the easy fix for BRP would be to pull and replace the correct computer, not cheap I sure.......:mad:

Maybe LaMonster can verify this.

syclemom
02-17-2010, 02:02 PM
We have #186 Demo that was shipped to our dealer to replace demo s in the region and never assembled,We talked dealer into seeking permission to sell it and on Jan. 5 my wife got her new bike,after assem. we were about to leave when Can Am called service mgr. to verify which bike we were buying [The First one sold in Tx.] he immediatley stopped us from leaving so this download could be done , it is my understanding that at 10hrs. this bike was going to shut off and not restart, basically no matter what you did. Since we travel 3 hrs. to dealer this could have been trouble, the download was done ,took a while, and has not bobbled since my wife now has approx. 3200mi. all with gerbing heated clothes and loves it ,she has 90,000mi. on goldwing trikes including the 2007 we traded on the RTS and TRailer.

Lamonster
02-17-2010, 02:06 PM
We have #186 Demo that was shipped to our dealer to replace demo s in the region and never assembled,We talked dealer into seeking permission to sell it and on Jan. 5 my wife got her new bike,after assem. we were about to leave when Can Am called service mgr. to verify which bike we were buying [The First one sold in Tx.] he immediatley stopped us from leaving so this download could be done , it is my understanding that at 10hrs. this bike was going to shut off and not restart, basically no matter what you did. Since we travel 3 hrs. to dealer this could have been trouble, the download was done ,took a while, and has not bobbled since my wife now has approx. 3200mi. all with gerbing heated clothes and loves it ,she has 90,000mi. on goldwing trikes including the 2007 we traded on the RTS and TRailer.
:congrats: and welcome

groundeffect
02-17-2010, 02:22 PM

That's great news, glad to hear the update went well and it 'took'. Good to hear of the miles on your RT ride!

Cheers and Ryde Safe.

jeuchler
02-17-2010, 02:48 PM
... when the tripometer hits 9.9, 10hrs, the display turns orange....

Oh, man. :roflblack:

Perhaps if you set it to display metric time (http://zapatopi.net/metrictime/)...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bb/Horloge-republicaine1.jpg/200px-Horloge-republicaine1.jpg

TicketBait
02-17-2010, 03:14 PM

welcome

so glad you found this site, it is so much more responsive than the other one. I think we were the only two communicating on it :chat:

wow, already at 3200:doorag:,

SpyderWolf
02-17-2010, 10:03 PM

:congrats: and a big welcome to you as well.

syclemom
02-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Just did my wifes first at home oil chg. is a lot more trouble than the wing trikes she had , did first one 3700mi. in about 45 min. , will get better with time, greased all pins and grommets onall side covers, so tight they scared me to death I am sure I would be sick if I had to replace one . I can tell you from her Wings daily riding in rain, Texas heat,etc. these will stick in the grommets , she still loving it more and more every time she ridesw it, she is gone now paying bills on it.This is THE BEST SITE I have already found more info. than I have since we bought it, How to get codes is awesome for us we travel alot on our own , this could be helpful hope fully we wont need it.

NancysToy
02-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Just did my wifes first at home oil chg. is a lot more trouble than the wing trikes she had , did first one 3700mi. in about 45 min. , will get better with time, greased all pins and grommets onall side covers, so tight they scared me to death I am sure I would be sick if I had to replace one . I can tell you from her Wings daily riding in rain, Texas heat,etc. these will stick in the grommets , she still loving it more and more every time she ridesw it, she is gone now paying bills on it.This is THE BEST SITE I have already found more info. than I have since we bought it, How to get codes is awesome for us we travel alot on our own , this could be helpful hope fully we wont need it.
I found the grommets are glued in four places on the back side, with what looks a lot like hot glue. Trouble is that it is very hard, and breaks readily, allowing the oval grommets to be pushed through the body panel. Then you can say goodbye, if you ride before you notice. I intend to take the time to glue them all down with RTV silicone, but I expect I will buy a couple of spares of each shape, just in case.

syclemom
02-26-2010, 04:13 AM
Side panels were so hard to remove I did grease grommets , then was scared might lose a side panel, As I posted she has an early bike was shipped as pre production Demo, Our friend just got her blue RTS the lower side panels have two tabs that hook around the front to help hold from a blow off I assume , ours being an early release does not have these tabs the front is straight so I tethered these by Epoxying a small catch from Home Depot to the inside and tywrapping small 4" bungycords to the holes next to the headlight adjusters, I assume if factory added these tabs since ours was produced must have been a reason,if we should lose one I will point this out .

ThreeWheels
03-01-2010, 05:48 AM
When was this update made available ?
I just picked up an RT this Saturday. My dealer said that I need the reflash, but I would have expected the unit to already have the latest firmware.

syclemom
03-01-2010, 11:11 AM
They did our update on Jan.5 I believe is when we picked it up.