PDA

View Full Version : A ride to Billy Burgers

gkamer
10-09-2023, 01:09 PM
Yesterday was such a beautiful day I decided to take a little ride. Temps was in the mid 70's, not a cloud in the sky and a slight breeze. Ended up in the small town of Wilbur WA. Found a cool little burger joint called Billy's Burgers right around lunch time. Enjoyed a delicious Billy Burger Basket and soft drink.

Bangorbob
10-09-2023, 01:43 PM
:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
10-09-2023, 04:13 PM
When we go riding, we are always looking for the more "unique" type of places. IMO...most of the burger chains serve "dog food" these days.

BajaRon
10-09-2023, 05:53 PM
I love going to One-Off places like this. They usually don't survive long if they aren't better than the chains. They usually provide better service and better food because they realize how much they need you. Many fast food chain outlets today treat you like you're bothering them. Other than Chick-fil-a, many don't seem to care if the business lives or dies. They give me the impression that they'd actually be happier if I went somewhere else. So, I try to abridge them in this.

gkamer
10-10-2023, 10:39 AM
I love going to One-Off places like this. They usually don't survive long if they aren't better than the chains. They usually provide better service and better food because they realize how much they need you. Many fast food chain outlets today treat you like you're bothering them. Other than Chick-fil-a, many don't seem to care if the business lives or dies. They give me the impression that they'd actually be happier if I went somewhere else. So, I try to abridge them in this.

This place was pretty small. But to their advantage they are right off the highway. So they were doing a pretty booming business, at least while I was there. Customers were backed up out the door. They did have a good amount of outdoor seating which on this day was the preferred dining option. I was going to treat myself to a shake after lunch, but by the time I was done, there was just no more room. I might have to go back because their Peanut Butter and Jelly shake really intrigued me. :)

ferrasr
12-12-2023, 04:55 PM
As the snow is coming down in Calgary Alberta I liked to think of a great breakfast place we ride to at least a couple time a month in the summer. It is called Maesie's Nook in Didsbury Alberta.

gkamer
12-13-2023, 09:53 AM
As the snow is coming down in Calgary Alberta I liked to think of a great breakfast place we ride to at least a couple time a month in the summer. It is called Maesie's Nook in Didsbury Alberta.

That looks like a pretty hearty breakfast.

ferrasr
12-14-2023, 09:06 AM
It is a good one and the other amazing thing is if you get there before 9:00Am to order it is only $9.00 CND, that is only $3.00 US with the current exchange rate, LOL ( it is actually $6.75 US) which is one hell of a deal these days.

gkamer
12-14-2023, 11:22 AM
It is a good one and the other amazing thing is if you get there before 9:00Am to order it is only $9.00 CND, that is only $3.00 US with the current exchange rate, LOL ( it is actually $6.75 US) which is one hell of a deal these days.

It certainly is a good deal.