PDA

View Full Version : Parked in the sun - RT screen blacked out... Finally, a use for that Warning Tab!

Lew L
10-07-2023, 08:16 PM
Parked at Walker burger and the sun was directly at the dashboard. Screen blacked out when we started home. All fine now that it has cooled down but had me worried for a bit. Next time I'll try to remember to pull down that silly warning tab and that will solve any heat issues. I also have a cute little quote about touching the bike on the tab.

Lew L

JayBros
10-07-2023, 10:09 PM
I have seen that reported before, and I began watching/participating in SL since I first began my purchasing research in the summer of '14. If I am in a similar riding break situation as yours, which I seldom am, I doff my jacket and throw it over the dash and my handlebar centered GPS mount.

BCNewell
10-08-2023, 06:52 PM
I throw my gauntlet gloves up over the gauge faces on my F3-S. Mine’s not electronic, but maybe it will help keep the orange of the dial faces from fading, as has happened on my wife’s F3-S.

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-08-2023, 07:35 PM
Parked at Walker burger and the sun was directly at the dashboard. Screen blacked out when we started home. All fine now that it has cooled down but had me worried for a bit. Next time I'll try to remember to pull down that silly warning tab and that will solve any heat issues. I also have a cute little quote about touching the bike on the tab.

Lew L

Yep. I've been doing that for a few years now. Works!