PDA

View Full Version : Had to check out this gravel road!

NorwegianRT
10-05-2023, 12:03 PM
Two friends of mine are riding two wheelers and last time we met they talked about this nice dirtroad they explored.
One of them also made a video he shared and today I had to go check it out for myself. They will be surpirced I did it on my Spyder, they tend to underestimate(spellcheck) the Spyders abilities ;)
Anyway, here is a video from todays ride. Feel free to comment :popcorn:

https://youtu.be/zWdbgd9Sofc?feature=shared

ARtraveler
10-05-2023, 12:47 PM
Thank you for sharing the ride with us. Reminds me of Alaska, Northern MN, and some of the back roads here in Arkansas. :2thumbs: :yes:

RayBJ
10-05-2023, 02:40 PM
Like you, I ride mostly with my old crew of 2-wheelers. They (we) frequently end up on dirt/gravel or 2-track connector 'roads'. So far they have yet to lose me but riding on 2-track is hard on the butt!

NorwegianRT
10-05-2023, 03:35 PM
Like you, I ride mostly with my old crew of 2-wheelers. They (we) frequently end up on dirt/gravel or 2-track connector 'roads'. So far they have yet to lose me but riding on 2-track is hard on the butt!

Awesome, and yes, it is hard on the butt !:agree:

RangerRick
10-05-2023, 06:03 PM
yep me and the wife just got home from riding on secondary roads and to get from point a to point b we climbed up into the mountains then down the other side and that was gravel single lane, bike did great but yah the back tire running down the middle where 4 wheelers don't travel made for a rather rough ride at times.

NorwegianRT
10-06-2023, 03:41 AM
yep me and the wife just got home from riding on secondary roads and to get from point a to point b we climbed up into the mountains then down the other side and that was gravel single lane, bike did great but yah the back tire running down the middle where 4 wheelers don't travel made for a rather rough ride at times.

That wide rear tire is kinda floating all over on that loose gravel in the middle sometimes. Sure makes the nanny get to work ;)

Isopedella
10-06-2023, 10:12 AM
Ta for taking us along for the ride.

Yep for sure it swings when its a little loose.

I dont mind a bit of swing and feather that throttle and speed back a tad to make it back to riding at say 5/10th or so.
I always (cept for the mad minute sections now and again) attempt to ride well within my capabilities and that provides a comfort cushion of time if something pops up. Stuff swinging sideways around blind corners and the like.

NorwegianRT
10-06-2023, 03:24 PM
Ta for taking us along for the ride.

Yep for sure it swings when its a little loose.

I dont mind a bit of swing and feather that throttle and speed back a tad to make it back to riding at say 5/10th or so.
I always (cept for the mad minute sections now and again) attempt to ride well within my capabilities and that provides a comfort cushion of time if something pops up. Stuff swinging sideways around blind corners and the like.

My pleasure!
I prefer my rides safely within my capabilities, but for brief moments I must admit I try to be 25 and fearless and luckily figure out rather quick that I am not. :roflblack: