PDA

View Full Version : International Cycle show - San Mateo

Lowflyingowl
11-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Anyone going besides us?

My son and I will be there by about 9:309. Hope to see some more Spyder folks at the BRP tent -- not to mention the new RT.

SpyderGirl
11-23-2009, 02:44 PM
We were there on Saturday and had fun. Ran into a few Spyder riders that we knew. It was nice getting to talk to them about their impressions on the RT and the new colors available on the 2010 RS models (and not so nice getting the cold shoulder (again) from one owner who didn't feel I was important enough to acknowledge).

Wish we could have gotten in on the RT road ride, but we'll get a chance to do a demo ride privately at our dealer sometime soon. :2thumbs:

Hope you had a good time too. :D

Lowflyingowl
11-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Yes, we had a fine time. Spent about 20 minutes at the Can Am booth. Then wandered the show -- luckily, I didn't bring a checkbook or credit card, so all the other bikes I wanted were safe ( for now).

Thought the RT was pretty fine for a touring machine, but it also looks too heavy/more like the Gold Wing trike -- riding a La-Z-Boy instead of a cycle?? Guess that's why I'm sticking with my RS.

Met Kevin from Marina Sales in Lodi -- gotta take mine there now since Sac Power Sports went out.

Cold ride down, but great ride back. Glad we don't normally have to ride much in Bay ARea traffic, though. This was my son's first time in that kind of traffic.

SpyderGirl
11-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Glad to hear you had a good time and survived Bay Area traffic (let me guess, you took the Bay Bridge and went down 101??.... Cal/Stanford game was Saturday). Kevin is a great guy and the service is really good at Marina Boats. You'll have to go down there and meet Dave, Dave, and Marco too. :)

aka1004
12-01-2009, 05:42 PM
did they have a silver RT on display at the show?
thank you in advance :2thumbs:

SpyderGirl
12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
did they have a silver RT on display at the show?
thank you in advance :2thumbs:

Nope, just a blue one and several black ones.

They also had a white RS-S, a blue RS, and a red RS as well as a blue and black RT trailer.

aka1004
12-01-2009, 07:23 PM
thank you
i was hoping they had a silver one so i can go look at it at the show in long beach.

SpyderGirl
12-01-2009, 09:22 PM
You never know, they might have one there.

Motorcycle Mama & Papa
01-04-2010, 01:06 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THE SHOW. I LIVE JUST UP THE ROAD. OMG. I WAS WAITING FOR IT ALL YEAR. JUST BEEN TOO DARN BUSY. HOPE TO GET IN THE SWING OF RIDING AGAIN. LOVE MY ROSIE. :ohyea: