PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Morning Rides and Breakfast in Arizona - a Great Couples Activity

JamesLaz
09-18-2023, 08:19 AM
My wife and I have been taking early morning weekend rides for the past few months now and I can't tell you how good it has been for both of us. We are limited currently to morning rides as living in Gilbert Arizona we must deal with the heat.

I am a natural early riser; I have always woken up before sunrise even on the weekends, but my wife is not an early morning person at all. Yet every single time I wake her and ask if she wants to go for a ride she says YES!

We live in Gilbert, Arizona and have been taking rides roughly an hour and half ride and we have been finding new out of the way breakfast places. We ride, we stop and have a nice breakfast together then hit the road for home. We usually are home around 9 am and we still have the full day ahead of us. As we ride, I often reach back and place my hand on her leg, and we just feel closer to one another by enjoying this activity together. I never though getting a Can Am, would be a couple’s thing but I am very happy it has become such.

We are just starting to get to our nice weather here and we will be taking more and more rides and soon we can ride later in the day.

By the way we ended up at a biker bar in the middle of nowhere, not far from a prison at 7 in the morning for Sunday breakfast. It is called River Bottom Bar & Grill in Florence; AZ and it was a great experience. They are a biker bar that happens to have really good food. We had a great breakfast and will be going back soon. I recommend it for a nice ride here in Arizona.

Not sure how many other Arizona Can Am rider are out there but we would love to have a breakfast or other meetup with some Arizona Can Am riders.

Thanks,
James

Old Willie
09-22-2023, 11:18 PM
My wife and I are full time residents of Picacho Peak RV Resort. We bought our Spyder in late December and we have taken two trips this year and have a little over 10,000 miles on it. We joined the Retreads Motorcycle Club; they have a chapter in Tucson. One of their breakfast rides this spring was to the River Bottom Bar & Grill. We took advantage of the outdoor seating. Service and food were very good.

We could meet there for breakfast, not sure about being there at 7, 8 would suit us better ow that the weather is getting cooler. I have hopes that next week will be the last of the 100 degree weather.

ARtraveler
09-23-2023, 10:45 AM
A great way to enjoy the "motorcycle" way of life. :yes: