PDA

View Full Version : Supermarkets requesting your phone number at check out

Saluda
09-13-2023, 11:52 AM
Another nuisance to go through, can't believe people give it. (not talking about personal check use)

ARtraveler
09-13-2023, 12:08 PM
We will not do it. There is no reason they have to call us for checking out groceries. :bowdown:

2dogs
09-13-2023, 12:34 PM
They're farming for the telemarketers and other spammers seeking more resources to expand their marketing.

Excoastie
09-13-2023, 01:02 PM
I always enter "Jenny's number." I do the same thing everywhere they are trolling for phone numbers. I just use my local area code.
I have yet to find a system that won't accept it.

--Exco

3Tyme
09-13-2023, 01:13 PM
I always enter "Jenny's number." I do the same thing everywhere they are trolling for phone numbers. I just use my local area code.
I have yet to find a system that won't accept it.

--Exco

I usually use a old # that has been disconnected, But using "Jenny's #" is a good idea. In this case I might look up the stores # and have it ready.

Raven
09-13-2023, 03:34 PM
They haven't yet. But if they do, I will give them the one for the local police station.:spyder:

spyderdave
09-13-2023, 06:34 PM
It's not mandatory; tell them it's none of their business. Or ask the cashier for his/hers!

RangerRick
09-13-2023, 09:20 PM
We do at Fred Meyer/Krogers. for the fuel points have got as much as $1.00 0ff per gallon at their fuel pumps :2thumbs:

pegasus1300
09-13-2023, 09:39 PM
many stores use your phone number as a link to the rewards system. I just tell I am not in their system and will they just use their number.

gkamer
09-14-2023, 09:48 AM
My landline is used exclusively for internet access. We use our cell phones for all telephonic activity. So if I'm asked for my phone number I giving them my landline number knowing should anyone call, day or night, 24/7/365, all they are going to get is a busy signal.

Gwolf
09-14-2023, 10:08 AM
My grocery store uses the phone number to identify customers that get the discount prices on a lot of items. I gave them my landline number. My landline has a caller ID and if the caller is not in my data base of known numbers, the call just goes to the answering machine. Even if I am sitting right side of the landline phone, the phone screen says who is calling, and if I don't know them, I won't pick up the phone. The spam calls hardly ever leave a message, and if they do, the message only needs to play a few seconds before you can decide to hit the block button and delete button. I hardly ever answer the phone. Everybody that knows how to contact me knows that, and also knows how they can leave messages or send me a message.