PDA

View Full Version : Winter diversions

mike3069
11-17-2009, 07:22 PM
I just got confermation on a winter job lead I've been tracking since last January. I'm going back to Vermont the first week of December to drive people around in a Cabin Cat at Sugarbush, the ski area I grew up at. It will provide me with something to drive that hopefully will provide a good distraction from having the :spyder2: put away.

http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-skiing-snowboarding/groomer-rides

What do the rest of you use to cure the lack of :spyder2: fix the winter brings?

DynamoBT
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
That looks like a bundle of fun!!! Bet you have a blast!

Most fun I have is snow plowing. I actually enjoy it. Nothing like pushing that snow around!!!

RoadHammer
11-17-2009, 07:48 PM
invest and hopefully make tonnes of cash, go to the shooting range and unload thousands of rounds @ OBL targets, smoke meat and fish.

Lamonster
11-17-2009, 07:56 PM
:congrats::2thumbs:

GA-SPYDER
11-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Sorry,
I get to work on my :spyder2: fix all year long.;)

musicarcade
11-17-2009, 07:59 PM
:congrats:on your job!
A cage w/ a flat screen tv!:popcorn:
Do u get wifi or cable too w/ your new ride?:ohyea:

Roaddog2
11-17-2009, 08:00 PM
I just got confermation on a winter job lead I've been tracking since last January. I'm going back to Vermont the first week of December to drive people around in a Cabin Cat at Sugarbush, the ski area I grew up at. It will provide me with something to drive that hopefully will provide a good distraction from having the :spyder2: put away.

What do the rest of you use to cure the lack of :spyder2: fix the winter brings?Hope you don't drive that thing the way you ryde your :spyder: unless you are the supplier for Magic Mans chrome :cus: :thumbup:

musicarcade
11-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Hope you don't drive that thing the way you ryde your :spyder: unless you are the supplier for Magic Mans chrome :cus: :thumbup:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Smylinacha
11-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Have a great time - and if you like, stop and say Hi on your way up North! Mafia Wars will happen soon for me in the Winter :2thumbs:

What do the rest of you use to cure the lack of :spyder2: fix the winter brings?

sabunim5
11-18-2009, 10:57 AM
:congrats:

Mo Lee
11-18-2009, 06:52 PM
I thought Spyder riding season was just starting. One of the reasons for buying the Spyder was to ride it on days the weather was too nasty for two wheels. If I'm wrong please don't tell me because I have rode the last three days in the rain and loved it.

mike3069
11-18-2009, 06:57 PM
I thought Spyder riding season was just starting. One of the reasons for buying the Spyder was to ride it on days the weather was too nasty for two wheels. If I'm wrong please don't tell me because I have rode the last three days in the rain and loved it.

You are not wrong! :2thumbs:

VIspyderman
11-18-2009, 07:09 PM
It's a full blown wind & rain storm here on Vancouver Island, complete with flooding. I ryde over 70 km's every day in this weather. Good rain gear is all it takes. The bike will slide around a bit on the slippery bridges, but I ain't gonna drop it.
I bought it to ryde year round and with over 60,000 on it now, I've been successful.

jabba11
11-18-2009, 08:23 PM

Well I dont know about starting, but I rode mine to work today. It was 50 degrees. I have a 20 mile drive at hwy speeds. Tonight when I leave work it is supposed to be near freezing..The ride in was fantastic, ride home could be a bit chilly but ya just got to have the gear 9mine is satisfactory). I ride mine in the rain all the time with positively no worries. Ice and snow aint happening with me though mostly 'cause OTHER people in cages will most likely kill me at some point if I do that. As long as it is dry and not ridicoulously cold I am riding.

Mo Lee
11-19-2009, 05:32 AM
Frogg Toggs, flip face helmet, good gloves and a couple of layers is all you need for cold rain. If the roads are covered with ice and snow I will not be there, but a few patches, I'm riding down to 20F that is.

mike3069
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Hope you don't drive that thing the way you ryde your :spyder:

Nah, it's a bit slower but when I'm NOT driving it, I get to do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxEQrBmSz14

sabunim5
01-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Looks like a ton of fun :ohyea: Enjoy

Roaddog2
01-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Nah, it's a bit slower but when I'm NOT driving it, I get to do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxEQrBmSz14Is that a Mountain or a Mole Hill :joke: Kevin Costner you ski good :2thumbs::2thumbs: