PDA

View Full Version : HOT - New RT For Sale Today - Hayward, CA

lawrenc454
11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
:yikes:Sales guy, Marty, said they will sell the black RT (not PE) they got in two days ago. He is going to call me back with a price (if i hear back I will add to the string). He didn't know much about the Spyder but seemed very sure it was for sale.

We are waiting for the PE/trailer but wanted to ride a demo unit.

They are close to the location where the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show and demo rides will be, San Mateo, this weekend so it will probably sell quick.

East Bay Motorworks
21756 FOOTHILL BLVD.,HAYWARD,CA,US,94541
510-889-7900

I suspect we will see more dealers do this over the next few weeks.

Good luck guys and gals and hope one of you snags this one.:ohyea:

lawrenc454
11-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Ask for Marty. It is a Timeless Black. Now the race begins - who's online, ready to buy and is first to call.

lawrenc454
11-17-2009, 04:44 PM
That's all the info there is. He didn't know what their doc, set up and freight fees would be yet.

Questions
11-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Can someone help me understand the diff. betweeen the RT-S and the RT-S PE ?

Is that the one with the special designed seat and the free IPod ?

Thanks for the information.

Lamonster
11-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Can someone help me understand the diff. betweeen the RT-S and the RT-S PE ?

Is that the one with the special designed seat and the free IPod ?

Thanks for the information.
By pre-ordering a RT-S SE5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition or a RT-S SM5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition, the consumer will receive the following and exclusive Premiere Edition benefits: An embroidered and numbered "Premiere Edition" seat and a 8GB iPod Nano engraved with "Spyder RT-S Premiere Edition" and pre-loaded with Spyder RT images and videos. This is the new iPod Nano with built-in video camera and FM Radio with "pause" feature. The iPod will be shipped with the Spyder RT-S Premiere Edition. We will be building 1,500 Spyder RT Premiere Editions.

· In November, we are scheduled to begin shipping each authorized Can-Am Spyder dealer a 2010 Spyder RT-S Timeless Black for demo purposes. This unit is to be used by the dealer for showroom and demo purposes only. This is NOT a Premiere Edition, the seat is not stitched and does not include an iPod. We learnt our lesson on this one in 2007!

Questions
11-18-2009, 01:55 AM
By pre-ordering a RT-S SE5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition or a RT-S SM5 Timeless Black Premiere Edition, the consumer will receive the following and exclusive Premiere Edition benefits: An embroidered and numbered "Premiere Edition" seat and a 8GB iPod Nano engraved with "Spyder RT-S Premiere Edition" and pre-loaded with Spyder RT images and videos. This is the new iPod Nano with built-in video camera and FM Radio with "pause" feature. The iPod will be shipped with the Spyder RT-S Premiere Edition. We will be building 1,500 Spyder RT Premiere Editions.

· In November, we are scheduled to begin shipping each authorized Can-Am Spyder dealer a 2010 Spyder RT-S Timeless Black for demo purposes. This unit is to be used by the dealer for showroom and demo purposes only. This is NOT a Premiere Edition, the seat is not stitched and does not include an iPod. We learnt our lesson on this one in 2007!

Thanks, for the feedback, so to recap the difference is the Embroidered & Numbered seat and the Super ipod.

bjt
11-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks, for the feedback, so to recap the difference is the Embroidered & Numbered seat and the Super ipod.

I thought the PE's got a special PE jacket too. Maybe that's only if they ordered a PE RT-S and the trailer. :dontknow: Just like the original Spyders, the PE is only a cosmetic difference (the PE tagging on the Spyder) and the inclusion of some PE freebies (iPod, First Owner's jacket, etc.) Otherwise they are identical to any other Spyders of the same model.

2Gunns
11-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Can you pre-order a non-PE ? -or- are pre-orders for PE models ONLY?

Lamonster
11-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Can you pre-order a non-PE ? -or- are pre-orders for PE models ONLY?
Yes you can, if you want any other color you have to.

2Gunns
11-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Would it get you one any sooner tp pre-order, than waiting on dealer to have one for sale? I don't really care if it's PE...and don't need a ipod.
(already called and asked...dealer will NOT sell his demo)

Lamonster
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
I would get in line for sure if you want one. :doorag:

SpyderGirl
11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
A piece of advice..... avoid East Bay Motorsports like the plague.

bjt
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Would it get you one any sooner tp pre-order, than waiting on dealer to have one for sale? I don't really care if it's PE...and don't need a ipod.
(already called and asked...dealer will NOT sell his demo)

Based on Jibara2733's story, you might have a chance at getting one from a dealer's showroom floor faster than if you ordered one. Put in a little time shopping around and decide if you're willing to travel or pay to ship an earlier available RT. Here's a link to Jibara2733's RT picture post.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15623

Questions
11-20-2009, 02:43 AM
I may open up another can of worms but here goes.

The dealer in Irvine CA. sales person, Kevin said that they could sell their demo (Blk. Non PE RT-S SM5 ) if someone wanted it, this was on Tues. of this week. I called to check on service on the RT as I have 400 miles and wanted to make a 600 mi. service appt.

Hope this helps someone out there.