PDA

View Full Version : The Pic's of my new RT-S

Questions
11-16-2009, 11:18 PM
" Don't worry about anything; instead, Pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank him for his answers." Philippians 4:6

:bowdown: Thanks to God for my RT-S and finding this great site

BeRight
11-16-2009, 11:31 PM
WOW :congrats: You must be the first to have one.:2thumbs:

dltang
11-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Enjoy and many happy and safe spyder miles lie ahead.

bikeguy
11-17-2009, 01:05 AM
:congrats: You've got to be one of the first to have one. Keep posting and let us know how it does.

Cotton

BumbleBee
11-17-2009, 04:46 AM
" Don't worry about anything; instead, Pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank him for his answers." Philippians 4:6

Is this possible?? How were you able to get one before anyone else?? I thought they were still in production?? "Where is mine?"

:congrats: Wow!!!!
Add your name to the RT List, Please

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14987&page=4

TOM T.
11-17-2009, 07:02 AM
I bet the dealer sold her his Dealer Demo model. Congrats and enjoy.

MarkLawson
11-17-2009, 07:52 AM
What production number is it? (Check the last 4 digits of the VIN)

Love it!

Dukester
11-17-2009, 08:19 AM
I just drove a Demo on Saturday and it was fantastic. I told them I wanted first crack at making a deal. They told me BRP won't let them sell it until middle of next year. :congrats: again. but HOW did you get yours so quick?

docdoru
11-17-2009, 09:23 AM
There's one listed on Ebay right now for sale so I'm guessing the dealers ARE selling the demos??

$$ talk, everything else walks...

welcome

tatt2r
11-17-2009, 09:32 AM

welcome

:agree::agree::agree:

Wheeler~
11-17-2009, 09:38 AM
It's cool you got your's from the dealer so early. I know it sure gives me the itch for mine to get here. Enjoy your new toy!

RoadHammer
11-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Sweeet:congrats:

That's the same as the one I was looking at.

dltang
11-17-2009, 10:52 AM
There's one listed on Ebay right now for sale so I'm guessing the dealers ARE selling the demos??

I checked out this auction and it appears it is a powersports dealer in Gaylord MI. I sent them this question: "Is this auction for this specific item? Can it be picked up and driven off the showroom floor upon completion of the transaction or is this for a unit still to come in production?" I will await the answer. I looked over the ad and did not see anywhere that indicated anything other than they were selling this exact unit. How are dealers getting away with this? Here is the link Rt on Ebay
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p2759.l1259&item=170406326015&viewitem=#ht_1303wt_794)

I am happy for those that can get their RT and start driving it, it isn't your fault that some dealers are breaking the rules. I just wonder why some dealers think they can do whatever they want.

Smylinacha
11-17-2009, 11:45 AM

welcome

:agree::agree:

Smylinacha
11-17-2009, 11:47 AM

:congrats:

Al Bragg
11-17-2009, 12:30 PM
My wife and I look forward to seeing you out and about on the road ways.

And we hope to see you at the rides in the area.

:congrats:welcome.

We are just over in Westminster.

dltang
11-17-2009, 12:51 PM
My wife and I look forward to seeing you out and about on the road ways.

And we hope to see you at the rides in the area.

:congrats:welcome.

We are just over in Westminster.

And these are nice people too, you should make a point of meeting with them..:clap:

nickcaro
11-17-2009, 12:54 PM
:congrats:

Roaddog2
11-17-2009, 01:51 PM
:congrats:welcome

Questions
11-17-2009, 02:47 PM
To All:

We Knew nothing of the deposits or production delays or issues and did not check online other than for RT-S reviews, Then we said this looks like a great option for me for touring as I am 5'3" and as there are no other options. So we went to the dealer and they said they had one and we could buy, so we did.

Then we joined Spyder lovers and want to share and find out that things were not supposed to be that way. I have no intent to show off or rub anything in anyone face, or make anyone jealous.

I am so sad that everyone has had to wait and has had deposits, I agree this is not fair and truly feel bad for everyone.

The dealer said they only ordered 3 RT- S as they are mostly a offroad ATV dealer, I guess this was the Min. BRP made them purchase, so they had no need for the demo.

I'll hope that some good will come of the situation, as I will be a test for all of you and let you know what has gone wrong and any issues before you guys receive yours, thats all I can do to help.

But I must say I love this thing, and you will too.

Thanks

BumbleBee
11-17-2009, 02:54 PM
To All:

We Knew nothing of the deposits or production delays or issues and did not check online other than for RT-S reviews, Then we said this looks like a great option for me for touring as I am 5'3" and as there are no other options. So we went to the dealer and they said they had one and we could buy, so we did.

Then we joined Spyder lovers and want to share and find out that things were not supposed to be that way. I have no intent to show off or rub anything in anyone face, or make anyone jealous.

I am so sad that everyone has had to wait and has had deposits, I agree this is not fair and truly feel bad for everyone.

The dealer said they only ordered 3 RT- S as they are mostly a offroad ATV dealer, I guess this was the Min. BRP made them purchase, so they had no need for the demo.

I'll hope that some good will come of the situation, as I will be a test for all of you and let you know what has gone wrong and any issues before you guys receive yours, thats all I can do to help.

Thanks

We are not blamming you at all. We are all happy for you :2thumbs: :congrats: again.
We were told from our Dealers that Demos are not to be sold.
So many of us have deposits on a RT'S, what a surprise and shock this was when you said you had a RT'S.

Enjoy your new ryde and ryde safe. :D

Ken5517 / Wish Again
11-17-2009, 04:09 PM
The PE's start after the dealers have their demo bikes and the production bikes start, therefore in theory the dealer's demo bike is not a PE.

So what is it really that they bought?

I have #19 and lamonster has or had #18 which are preproduction bikes.

Lamonster
11-17-2009, 04:25 PM
The PE's start after the dealers have their demo bikes and the production bikes start, therefore in theory the dealer's demo bike is not a PE.

So what is it really that they bought?

I have #19 and lamonster has or had #18 which are preproduction bikes.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=160197&postcount=28

By the way I'm not getting 18 back. I have a production number 3 SE heading my way now. :doorag:
:ohyea::2excited:

Ken5517 / Wish Again
11-17-2009, 04:38 PM
is that the same as PE#3?

I maybe confused here!

Lamonster
11-17-2009, 04:40 PM

I maybe confused here!:dontknow: all I know is it's a production unit and I should have it in the next day or two.

orangespydiegirl
11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Congrats and enjoy it. I love mine.

Questions
11-17-2009, 04:42 PM
I have the Timeless Black RT-S / 5 sp. Man. non PE edition.

I has everything listed as standard on the RT-S,

Radio w/ 2 front speakers
Pass. radio controls w/ 2 rear spks.
I-Pod connection, W/ I pod cable
Pass. Heated grips w/ rear controls
Full Chrome Pack
Front LED light pack
Front compartment liner
Front compartment LED light
Travel cover
Electric Front compartment release
Electronic supension

Hope this helps

TOM T.
11-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Dealer demos are bike sent to the dealer for test rides. They sign a contract stating that they will not sell this bike for six months. This item is not charged to their inventory at this time, so they don't have to inventory it as stock. So basically it's free at this time. When they are allowed to sell it,it is then charged agains't their inventory with a rebate for the miles put on it.

Ken5517 / Wish Again
11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
:dontknow: all I know is it's a production unit and I should have it in the next day or two.

Keep me posted please.

I got a call today that they are shipping an updated bike and taking #19 back.

We are heading to Tombstone, Az this weekend and that ryde will put me over 12,000 miles by next tues. Wed is the swap.

Lamonster
11-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Keep me posted please.

We are heading to Tombstone, Az this weekend and that ryde will put me over 12,000 mikes by next tues. Wed is the swap.
I just tried calling you.

Al Bragg
11-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Keep me posted please.

We are heading to Tombstone, Az this weekend and that ryde will put me over 12,000 mikes by next tues. Wed is the swap.

quackerz and I wish we could go, but we will have family in town and my spyder is in the shop for steering issues.

docdoru
11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
...will put me over 12,000 mikes by next tues.
:congrats: :firstplace: :2thumbs:

ameobe
11-17-2009, 04:59 PM
:congrats:welcome

Al Bragg
11-17-2009, 04:59 PM
:agree: 12,000 mile came up pretty quick. How long did it take to get 12k on your first spyder?

Al Bragg
11-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for posting the pics.:clap:

tatt2r
11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
To All:

Thanks

i'd rub it in .....:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
only cuz i'm keeping my RS :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Al Bragg
11-17-2009, 05:04 PM
i'd rub it in .....:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
only cuz i'm keeping my RS :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
:agree:

Ken5517 / Wish Again
11-17-2009, 05:05 PM
:agree: 12,000 mile came up pretty quick. How long did it take to get 12k on your first spyder?

longer than 72 days:clap:

Al Bragg
11-17-2009, 05:09 PM
:shocked:

Ken5517 / Wish Again
11-17-2009, 05:26 PM
:congrats: :firstplace: :2thumbs:

Thanks Doc - it's been an adventure - a 12K one:clap::ohyea:

joanne b
11-17-2009, 08:44 PM
:congrats::2excited: can"t wait till i get my :spyder2: back from the dealer so we could go for a ride,[ steering issues] joanne

Roaddog2
11-17-2009, 09:00 PM
:dontknow: all I know is it's a production unit and I should have it in the next day or two.Monday right :joke:

bjt
11-17-2009, 09:11 PM

I maybe confused here!

:dontknow: all I know is it's a production unit and I should have it in the next day or two.

For BRP's sake, I hope it's dealer demo unit number 3 and not PE #3. :lecturef_smilie: If not, then they didn't learn from the first PE Spyder rollout.

Lamonster
11-17-2009, 09:14 PM
For BRP's sake, I hope it's dealer demo unit number 3 and not PE #3. :lecturef_smilie: If not, then they didn't learn from the first PE Spyder rollout.
I'm pretty sure it's not a PE RT. Now ask me if I care. ;)

bjt
11-17-2009, 09:21 PM

Is this the same guy who was commenting on the dealers that are breaking the rules by selling the demo RT's? :D :D

Lamonster
11-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Is this the same guy who was commenting on the dealers that are breaking the rules by selling the demo RT's? :D :D
Hey Bro, I'm legit. I'm not braking any rules here. What I'm saying is I could care less if it's a PE RT just like I could care less that I have a PE #537 RS. I pulled my PE plates on my bars a long time ago. :D

SpyderWolf
11-17-2009, 09:31 PM
:congrats: to the OP on getting your new Spyder already and welcome.

I would not worry about it not being a PE either, and would be more than happy to have it just the way it is. :2thumbs:

nickcaro
11-17-2009, 09:46 PM
To All:

Thanks

Don't let it harsh your mellow. These are the same folks that were complaining after BRP gave out 5 units to a select group. It's just envy.

Enjoy your new ride, welc0me to the boards. Please post up your experiences as you start enjoying your new Spyder.

redspyderlady
11-17-2009, 11:11 PM
:congrats:. Wishing you many safe and fun miles.

Questions
11-18-2009, 01:39 AM

?? my RT-S last four of the Vin is 0167, guess that means # 167 I am new at this so don't laugh out :joke:loud

SpyderWolf
11-18-2009, 06:51 AM
?? my RT-S last four of the Vin is 0167, guess that means # 167 I am new at this so don't laugh out :joke:loud

That is actually a good question, and I have wondered the same thing before. How do you know what number your Spyder is?

Whenever you go for a ride and get a chance to post about the experience, please do. There are many of us that have not been on a demo ride, and we can live vicariously through you since you already have yours. :)

Lamonster
11-18-2009, 08:09 AM
I would say that is production number 167. I'm not sure how they are doing the numbering. My first RT was #18 but it was a preproduction unit. The one I have heading this way is #0003 and is a production unit but I don't know if they start the SE and the SM with their own production number. :dontknow:

BLACK WIDOW
11-18-2009, 08:30 AM

Thanks toGod for my RT-S and finding this great site

Is this possible?? How were you able to get one before anyone else?? I thought they were still in production?? "Where is mine?"

:congrats: Wow!!!!
Add your name to the RT List, Please

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14987&page=4

Maybe that is your answer:D

Michael:doorag:

NancysToy
11-18-2009, 08:58 AM
The sequential part of the VIN# is repeated, model by model. Right now there are 20 models of RT and RT-S listed by BRP, dependant on color, transmission, continent, and PE status. I suspect they number and designate pre-production models separately, but can't confirm that. There are thus two North American model designations for Timeless Black PE models (SM5 & SE5) and two for standard issue. This is likely #0167 for the standard, North American, Timeless Black, SM5 RT-S. Same number will show up in the PE series and both SE5 series, and also in other models. Confused yet? :gaah:

BeRight
11-18-2009, 09:30 AM

:congrats: and thank you for finding and joining the best of the best forums (IMHO).

If it is not to much trouble it would be great to see some close-up pictures with the plastic panels off - so that we who do not have the RT yet can drool all over ourselves.:D

Please post often on your riding experiences/impressions and what you like and don't fancy completely.

bjt
11-18-2009, 11:18 AM
... Confused yet? :gaah:

To top it off, if they are like the GM truck facility I work at, they have a PVI number that is a sequential build number with build data built into the number. That number is matched with a VIN number (sequential for each specific model). So a PVI number could end in 03752 (the 3752nd truck built that year) but the VIN ends in 00017 (the 17th of that particular model / option content).

SpyderGirl
11-18-2009, 11:22 AM
:congrats: welcome

As for me... I love my premier edition GS. :2thumbs:

Lamonster
11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Monday right :joke:
:clap:
I was just told it will be here Saturday, for sure. :D

SpyderWolf
11-19-2009, 06:35 AM
The sequential part of the VIN# is repeated, model by model. Right now there are 20 models of RT and RT-S listed by BRP, dependant on color, transmission, continent, and PE status. I suspect they number and designate pre-production models separately, but can't confirm that. There are thus two North American model designations for Timeless Black PE models (SM5 & SE5) and two for standard issue. This is likely #0167 for the standard, North American, Timeless Black, SM5 RT-S. Same number will show up in the PE series and both SE5 series, and also in other models. Confused yet? :gaah:

To top it off, if they are like the GM truck facility I work at, they have a PVI number that is a sequential build number with build data built into the number. That number is matched with a VIN number (sequential for each specific model). So a PVI number could end in 03752 (the 3752nd truck built that year) but the VIN ends in 00017 (the 17th of that particular model / option content).

Yes, definitely more confused now than ever! Thanks for the details on this though. :)

Magic Man
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
:clap:
it will be here Saturday, for sure. :D

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Lamonster
11-19-2009, 10:04 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
:lecturef_smilie:
There will be a Saturday that it will be here, just not sure if it's this Saturday or not. :pray::dontknow:

SpyderWolf
11-19-2009, 09:08 PM
:lecturef_smilie:
There will be a Saturday that it will be here, just not sure if it's this Saturday or not. :pray::dontknow:

At least you have a positive attitude about it. :)