PDA

View Full Version : Is it common for Different dealers to be selling the same Spyder?

gkamer
08-17-2023, 04:50 PM
Is it common practice for two different dealerships to be offering the same Spyders for sale? I was looking on one dealers web site at new/used Spyders. I saw one that looked nice. Then I went to a different dealer’s web site and they were showing the identical Spyder for sale. I thought they might have been different bikes, because one was being listed for a few hundred dollars less. But when I checked the VINs, I found they were identical.

I should mention these were actual photographs of the bikes not stock photos. Even the photos were the same. That's what initially caught my eye. I hate when the dealer shows stock photos. I know that a Spyder looks like, I want to know what the Spyder I’m interested in looks like. But it would tick me off to go to a dealership to look at a Spyder, only to learn it’s actually at another dealership 40 miles away.

BertRemington
08-17-2023, 04:54 PM
Yes. Like RideNow.

BajaRon
08-17-2023, 05:02 PM
Many dealerships have the same owner. Why not spread out the sales net? I'd say it's common.

ARtraveler
08-17-2023, 06:07 PM
Very common. Most dealers use "stock" photos to make it appear they have more in stock than they actually do.

Hence, my warnings from time to time...Make sure you call the dealer to make sure Spyder X is in stock for real. :bowdown: