PDA

View Full Version : Been awhile. Up graded.

Myron Ah
08-13-2023, 07:57 PM
So, it has been awhile since I posted anything. I have looked on occasion but had little to say. But now I have to share that "Evil '13" had to go into the shop. I did something to the gear indicator. I could not fix it. The shop found some other issues. seeing as we want to keep it, the $2700.00 repair estimate made sense to do. However, I did start looking at possibilities. We have talked about trying out an F3 to see if I liked the driver seating. Well, we found a 2021 F3 Limited with 5400 miles. ended up buying it. Now, I just found out that our 2013 Rt Limited, "Evil '13", will not be ready till September at the earliest. SpyderQuest would have been a bummer. So, when it is repaired, it will be for sale.
We are liking the F3. But we still love Evil '13. That 998 never gave us a bad time. We have made it ours. They are not anymore "evil" than any other year or model. I do like the seating angle and the over all feel of the F3. It is named "Nugget" because it is the matte gold color. Took me 7 years to name the RT. Took me about 5 days to name this one.

Saluda
08-14-2023, 07:32 AM
Enjoy.

pegasus1300
08-14-2023, 08:57 AM
Congratulations on the new Spyder. Pictures are always nice. Let us see this new beauty of yours.

ulflyer
08-14-2023, 09:47 AM
I don't think I will ever get a bike I like better than the F3. For me, the seating and far forward foot rest options are outstanding. I'm finally getting my '22 RT more comfortable but still lack the far forward foot rest capability. I know all this is a very personal choice so take it with a grain of salt! LOL

FWIW: I've had an '11 RT, '14 RT, '16 F3T, and the current '22 RT.

ARtraveler
08-14-2023, 12:22 PM
So, it has been awhile since I posted anything. I have looked on occasion but had little to say. But now I have to share that "Evil '13" had to go into the shop. I did something to the gear indicator. I could not fix it. The shop found some other issues. seeing as we want to keep it, the $2700.00 repair estimate made sense to do. However, I did start looking at possibilities. We have talked about trying out an F3 to see if I liked the driver seating. Well, we found a 2021 F3 Limited with 5400 miles. ended up buying it. Now, I just found out that our 2013 Rt Limited, "Evil '13", will not be ready till September at the earliest. SpyderQuest would have been a bummer. So, when it is repaired, it will be for sale.
We are liking the F3. But we still love Evil '13. That 998 never gave us a bad time. We have made it ours. They are not anymore "evil" than any other year or model. I do like the seating angle and the over all feel of the F3. It is named "Nugget" because it is the matte gold color. Took me 7 years to name the RT. Took me about 5 days to name this one.

:congrats: and :welcome: back to the site. I was also a dyed in the wool RT Lover. We upgraded to F3L versions and have not looked back.

Deanna777
08-14-2023, 01:04 PM
:congrats:

Welcome back to the site!

:nopic:

Deanna

Myron Ah
09-02-2023, 10:03 AM
Trying to get a picture but I'm having trouble. I will keep trying.