PDA

View Full Version : RT Item Wish List???

Magic Man
11-15-2009, 08:24 AM
For thhose lucky few that have been able to see in person or even ride a new RT, what are the things you wish it had but does not come with? :dontknow:

I can tell from looking at the limited pictures I have been able to see, there are somethings I am going to add and or make for mine when it finally gets here for sure. :thumbup:

MM

docdoru
11-15-2009, 08:31 AM
:shocked: Turbo kit.

rnet
11-15-2009, 08:42 AM
:shocked: Turbo kit.You don't want to lose on the track again.

docdoru
11-15-2009, 08:45 AM
You don't want to lose on the track again.
:gaah::thumbup:

BumbleBee
11-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Cupholders for driver and passenger!!! :2thumbs:

Smylinacha
11-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Chrome :cus:

medican
11-15-2009, 09:05 PM
LED light bar that fits on the rear trunk hatch. Brake light ect...... :clap:

Leather heated seat with backrest for rider......:clap:

Thats all I want for x-mas....oh yah a:spyder2:rt too......:roflblack:

WizardMaster
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Chrome :cus:

Gotta love that invention!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rofl black::yes:

Cruisin Dave
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Ditto on the third brake light on the trunk and heated seats...

I'd also like:
- Stiffer adjustable swaybar
- Rear facing turn signals in the mirrors
- Rear fog lights (I like to be seen in the rain...)

However...if the factory offered all of that then I'd have nothing to add on myself, which I enjoy doing. I think all of the above can be accomplished with aftermarket items.

Dwight
11-16-2009, 12:55 PM
We just ordered a RT-S Saturday. The first thing we talked about needing are saddlebag liners (soft). We do quite a bit of long distance touring and find that having individual bags is a great help. We use saddlebag liners for our clothes and then store them in the trunk of our HD trike. I'm not sure how we will end up packing the rear storage trunk, there's a lot of room there but it looks like everytime you need something out of it you're going to have to dig for it. On the HD all kinds of little things end up in the top tour trunk, in the RT-S I'm afraid it's all going to settle to the bottom. I haven't decided if the little rollaway luggage bag they show for the RT-S is a good idea or not. I will say that I won't pay $200 for it! Also saw a pair of front wheels that are part of the Phantom? kit that I think would look good on the RT-S. I might also be looking for a shorter and maybe tinted windshield. In it's lowest position it seems a little high for me to look over, time will tell I guess. I hope to be able to use my heated riding gear, actually I don't use mine near as much as the Missus, but it's still nice to have that option. I'll probably add a GPS some time, but didn't feel like the one BRP offered was priced realistically! Not much interested in chrome but I'm sure there will be something we'll just have to have! Thats all I can think off right now, maybe the swaybar if I think its necessary.

Dwight
:2excited:

MarkLawson
11-16-2009, 01:35 PM
'Muth Mirror' style turn signals would be perfect. I don't really care for the add-on style that has LEDs between the mirror edge & the mirror housing.
Will need the normal mounts for GPS & such things. Not certain how that'll work.
Electrical black box to fully integrate external GPS/XM/MP3/Bluetooth (like a Zumo 550) devices into the bike's sound system. Kennedy Cellset makes these for other bikes.
Will need highway peg/boards to stretch the legs on.
Driver's backrest, although I am in talks with Utopia for that piece. There's not one better IMHO.
Any reflectors upgraded to LEDs. Would like to keep the reflector quality, just add lights.
I'll keep thinking about this one...

Smylinacha
11-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Gotta love that invention!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rofl black::yes:

best thing I've seen in a while!:2thumbs:

tatt2r
11-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Passenger armrests

jnt
11-16-2009, 03:04 PM
1. Rider backrest
2. Hiway pegs
3. Heated seat
4. Plug-ins for Gerbings
5. Sway bar
6. RS engine (peppier)
7. 0% loan program :D

RoadHammer
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
handbrakes

lawrenc454
11-16-2009, 09:09 PM
As you can see I like to play and generally do a lot of accessory installations. Haven't found a 12-step program for accessory addicts yet. I plan the first list and am thinking about the second.

Will do and really want
- HID headlights at a more reasonable price than BRP for the RT
- Top box LED interior light
- Front fender LED lights - running and turn (front and back)
- Back box high LED light bar with modulator compatible with CanBus
- 2 accessory outlets for the rider and passenger for heated clothing
- Integrated tire pressure monitoring system or will use TireGard
- Spot on dash area, by the current switches for one or two more of the marine swithes they are using that could be used for extra lights,
garage door openers, etc. (Electric Connection sells the switchs and face plate)
- CanBus connector for other accessories
- Handlebar mounting points for other accessories
- Highway pegs that utilize a set of the driver pegs

Thinking about or would like to have
- A dealer discount :D
- Muth Mirrors
- Modulator for the headlights or fog lights for day time visibility
- Electrical outlet in the trailer for charging on the road
- Outlet for the onboard compressor to use for filling tires if needed
- Trailer tow bar stand
- Maybe since it has reverse a set of low backup lights at the back end under the bags focused at an angle behind the bike
- Maybe a driver back rest
- Maybe dirver floorboards
- Bluetooth helmet headsets that really would work well with the comm system and GPS

Have fun fellow accessory addicts.:yes:

ataDude
11-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Wish list: lots of stuff for a Triumph Thunderbird.

Oh, wait, you said "RT". Sorry.

NancysToy
11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Wish list: lots of stuff for a Triumph Thunderbird.

Oh, wait, you said "RT". Sorry.
Oil dry, spare parts, a real lighting system, Whitworth toolset, road service contract......oh wait, that's my kind of Triumph, not these new upstarts. :roflblack:

ataDude
11-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Oil dry, spare parts, a real lighting system, Whitworth toolset, road service contract......oh wait, that's my kind of Triumph, not these new upstarts. :roflblack:

Hopefully, I won't need any of those things... I did get an extended warranty, though. Another first model year bike.

Guess what I found out about my Trump? It has a Can-Bus system on it. :gaah:

DannyS
11-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Scotty
I used to have a tee shirt that said "the last person out at Lucus, Won't have to turn the lights out!!"

Welcome back.

SpyderGirl
11-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Heated seats, better foot position for the rider (highway pegs possibly), top-loading side cases like Corbin (instead of the side loading ones they have), adjustable handlebars, in-glass signal lights for the mirrors...

Neez
11-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Hopefully, I won't need any of those things... I did get an extended warranty, though. Another first model year bike.

Guess what I found out about my Trump? It has a Can-Bus system on it. :gaah:Just as long as it doesn't have DPS or that stupid limp mode, you might be OK.

NancysToy
11-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Soft saddlebag liners, third brake light, sway bar, Powerlet outlets front and rear, scuff covers for front spoiler to use as highway pegs, mudflap lights, running/brake lights on rear fender each side of license plate, brake pedal and shifter extensions, waterproof seat cover you can ride on, fleece backed windshield cover for when you are parked, accessible location for auxiliary fusebox, alternator (with larger capacity), auto-polish option to clean the black paint every time I stop.

jima1153
11-21-2009, 01:40 PM
This is thinking "way outside the box" but I think a adjustable seat (up and down) would be nice for a couple of reasons. 1 it would adjust to different size drivers. 2 It would also give the long distance trips a little different arm and leg angle just to mix it up a bit. If it moved with a button like the windshield, that would be awesome.

I was also going to wish for a $5,000.00 bill in the trunk btw. :dontknow:

glynnk
11-21-2009, 02:26 PM
How bout some nice helmet locks of some sort?

Glynnk

NancysToy
11-21-2009, 03:37 PM
How bout some nice helmet locks of some sort?

Glynnk
I believe the RT has helmet lock hooks under the seat.

2Gunns
12-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I think a rear spoiler with brake light (such as the Goldwing) would be a very nice addition to the RT. Hummm.....

For thhose lucky few that have been able to see in person or even ride a new RT, what are the things you wish it had but does not come with? :dontknow:

I can tell from looking at the limited pictures I have been able to see, there are somethings I am going to add and or make for mine when it finally gets here for sure. :thumbup:

MM

AntelopeSpyder
12-02-2009, 12:26 PM
I think they should re-wire the sound system so you don't have to order the CB in order to get an intercom!:dontknow:

DannyS
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
MM We got to have those LED mud-flaps. Also an affordable HDI light set up, I am spoiled to mine. Speaker upgrade, and I like the 0% buy option. If I have to save up it will be a long wait. Also the heated seat that should be standard with the Grips. Also an optional trunk box to take the place of the back seat for solo riders.:thumbup:

effgjamis
12-02-2009, 10:45 PM
A crank that cranks out $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BumbleBee
12-03-2009, 05:52 AM
Heated seats, adjustable handelbars, and more lights "lots of them" :thumbup:

rjchoops
12-06-2009, 04:04 PM
1st a RT. :spyder2: then heated seats, led turnsignal mirrors, rear trunk brake light, bag liners, driver and passenger pegs, cup holders, integrated helmets for bluetooth, CB, SAT radio etc and I'm sure there is more. :shocked:

ataDude
12-06-2009, 04:07 PM
1st a RT. :spyder2: then heated seats, led turnsignal mirrors, rear trunk brake light, bag liners, driver and passenger pegs, cup holders, integrated helmets for bluetooth, CB, SAT radio etc and I'm sure there is more. :shocked:

Looks like you have your hands full! :congrats:

And, welcome

annieleilani
12-06-2009, 05:12 PM
I would like to see cup holders and a stronger exhaust system. Drove 1 in Tennessee and it needs more pep!:ani29::2excited:

2Gunns
12-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Someone mentioned dual exhaust....that would be cool, but deffinately a little more grwwwlll !
The wife wants passanger armrest like on the wing.

Spydr in KS
12-10-2009, 10:29 PM
OK, not an RT item, but how about some really cool aluminum trim rings for the 6 spoke wheels for my 2008. I mean come on, BRP makes them in plastic?

Dukester
12-11-2009, 10:47 AM
I like the 0%, mud flap lights, HID lights more or bighter lights on the back, need to be visable. I would love to order one now but then I think the 2011 model will be that much better. I'd like 87 octane.

BumbleBee
02-08-2010, 07:02 AM
"License Plate Lights" they are not bright enough :yikes:

Trunk lights!

myspyderrts
02-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Passenger Armrests and driver backrest that folds down to allow the passenger to get on.