PDA

View Full Version : Retired, or .........? Why does posting rate here drop on weekends?

bigbadbrucie
07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
I’ve been noticing that the number of posts drops significantly on the weekends, and I wonder why. I was of the opinion that more than half of the members were retired, but maybe that is not true. I mean, there is no difference between Monday thru Friday and the weekends, other than church, so why do the posts drop on the weekends?

GFrog
07-22-2023, 05:06 PM
People are out riding? :dontknow:

rjinaz86323
07-22-2023, 05:14 PM
Every day is Saturday here.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-22-2023, 05:16 PM
I've not considered what days I post ... I pretty much post every-day ( which doesn't make everyone happy :yikes: ).... but not last week I was away on vacation with no computer .....Mike :thumbup:

bigbadbrucie
07-22-2023, 05:30 PM

Unfortunately with that reasoning that means that they aren’t riding during the week....too busy posting. No, there must be some unknown reason for the posting to diminish significantly on the weekends. Me, I ride when it’s not too hot for me, no matter what day it is.....or maybe it’s all in my head and it’s no less or no more on the weekends.

CopperSpyder
07-22-2023, 05:49 PM
Family visits, friends get together, events tend to happen on the weekend.

Cobwebs
07-22-2023, 06:18 PM
My theory is more posts attract more visits which encourages more posts which encourages more visits which encourages more posts, you get the idea. Problem is the power went off one Saturday morning and no one could post so the whole thing got skewed into Monday morning.
If the mods could fake a meltdown say Thursday or Friday, equilibrium would be restored by the mass panic created by everyone logging on thinking the Forum had keeled over. :firstplace:

canamjhb
07-22-2023, 06:45 PM
My theory...... Us old retired folks tend to participate in activities like boating, riding, hiking, skiing, etc. during the week when working people are not infringing upon our territory. As we experience our activities, we have something to talk about, either a problem or good time. And we share our experiences. During the weekends, we nap and let the working people crowd up the recreation activities. And since it's Saturday, it's nap time! :2thumbs:

acdcking12
07-22-2023, 07:14 PM
I rode from Kansas to Nebraska today and had an awesome saturday with my wife and a great group of guys with Indians and HD MC's. And several came over to check out the Spyder. They really were interested in it and what it could do. I felt a real kinship with these guys.

No judgements and they didn't look down on me. Some really liked my F3L. I felt good. :-)

Deanna777
07-22-2023, 07:16 PM
I am also retired.

I ride when I can, life happens for me.

Also, I post here when I get a chance, I help other people on here too.
I am a very busy person.

A lot of people that are on this site that are from Vermont are dealing with flooding and etc.
Deanna

Lew L
07-22-2023, 07:24 PM

Retired here also. Post as necessary when I find a thread that catches my interests or if I can help out. I do try to do most ryding during the week. At the moment, I'm making my old 4 speed drill press into an 8 speed dp.

Lew L

pegasus1300
07-22-2023, 09:02 PM
Just because we are retired doesn't mean we don't have other things to do on the weekends. Many of us have children and grandchildren who are only available on the weekends as they still have jobs and or school.

BajaRon
07-22-2023, 09:13 PM

My thoughts exactly.

RayBJ
07-22-2023, 09:44 PM
I ride with younger (spirited) guys still working. I don't like solo rides as much so I get 90% of my time on weekend runs. The old (retired) guys I know are snooze cruisers so I rarely go out with them mid-week.

ARtraveler
07-23-2023, 08:29 AM
For me, a mix of everything mentioned. Back in 2010, when I was still working, I would always come on in the morning for the coffee klatch. We had a group that discussed most everything those days. We even got political. Those days are now over.

I was given the opportunity to be a moderator in 2018. One of two at the time. They quickly added four more. Site duties caused my posting to diminish, but I think I have now reached a happy medium. I no longer spend "hours" on the computer. I come to this site about three times a day now. Sundays is a slow day for me because I am now involved in church activities. Some Sundays, I don't even turn the computer on.

I try to balance between being a moderator and a general poster. When I can chime in or be helpful I like to post up on general things. I have been around throughout the history of the Spyder and have owned a total of seven over the years. Some times, I actually get to use my "knowledge" bank. :bowdown:

We get in weekly rides, Saturday rides are usually the long ones. Sunday is more of a rest day for us.

redrazor
07-23-2023, 12:37 PM

:agree:

al0vely
07-23-2023, 12:53 PM
When I had my F3L I only came here about once a week over the last couple of years. The F3L was fairly solid and didn’t need much other than the sprocket recall done when I sold it although the original one was in good condition. When I first purchased the F3L I was here quite a bit as I adjusted to the Spyder.

In January I purchased a newer RTL and it brought new mods and issues which brought me back daily to the site as there is always something to learn and share.

The nice thing about being retired is I still try to keep busy and have to schedule my ride time in between chores, volunteering, and being the best grandma ever which means I am on call a lot.

bigbadbrucie
07-23-2023, 04:31 PM
The nice thing about being retired is I still try to keep busy and have to schedule my ride time in between chores, volunteering, and being the best grandma ever which means I am on call a lot.
I hear what you’re saying, and commend you for it. I just hope and pray that you’re not being taken advantage of.

PaladinLV
07-23-2023, 05:53 PM
YOU have way TOO MUCH time on you hands! :roflblack:

mandytuning
07-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Ok, so what's the best tire for the rear? ����, nah just kidding

redrazor
07-24-2023, 01:44 PM
Ok, so what's the best tire for the rear? ����, nah just kidding

:clap: :2thumbs: :cheers:

askitee
07-25-2023, 04:41 AM
You'll find me on a highway somewhere...

slhanks004
07-25-2023, 10:39 AM
Unfortunately with that reasoning that means that they aren’t riding during the week....too busy posting. No, there must be some unknown reason for the posting to diminish significantly on the weekends. Me, I ride when it’s not too hot for me, no matter what day it is.....or maybe it’s all in my head and it’s no less or no more on the weekends.

Maybe like me, they work during the week and ride/do other things on the weekends. Not everyone on here is retired.