PDA

View Full Version : Fort Kent Maine or bust - there & back again!

SLICE
07-16-2023, 06:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElfLrxEBKnM&ab_channel=AsmallSLICEofAmerica

Dasmoetorhead
07-16-2023, 06:33 PM
Ride safe Brother!

al0vely
07-16-2023, 10:07 PM
Safe travels .. looks like you had a good day 1.

What video camera do you use?

SLICE
07-17-2023, 03:53 AM
Safe travels .. looks like you had a good day 1.

What video camera do you use?

Akaso pro 6

Valkrocket
07-17-2023, 04:50 AM
Slice, my buddy just came down 95 from New Jersey to SC and said rt 95 in VA is a parking lot pretty much from NC border to DC. Look for alternate routes if possible if you are going that way. Safe travels.

SLICE
07-17-2023, 03:21 PM
Slice, my buddy just came down 95 from New Jersey to SC and said rt 95 in VA is a parking lot pretty much from NC border to DC. Look for alternate routes if possible if you are going that way. Safe travels.

I'm inland took 95-26-77-81.
I'm Wilkes Barre PA.

Valkrocket
07-17-2023, 03:40 PM
Smart man! :thumbup:

safecracker
07-17-2023, 06:52 PM
I've been following your videos. Great job! When do you plan on being in Maine. Especially when you head to Ft. Kent? Bruce

SLICE
07-19-2023, 04:28 AM
I've been following your videos. Great job! When do you plan on being in Maine. Especially when you head to Ft. Kent? Bruce

Not really sure on Fort Kent now my camera is all screwed up and the entire point of the trip was to record the ride up, I will be in Maine on Thursday the 20 to visit family.

If I can solve the camera issues Fort Kent will be Sunday.

Stephan

SLICE
07-19-2023, 04:32 AM
Sorry about what will appear to be missing segments as my camera is malfunctioning.

You get what you pay for and it only cost me $50-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34oDFK5HFTw&ab_channel=AsmallSLICEofAmerica

SLICE
07-19-2023, 06:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bn93PlsCAg&ab_channel=AsmallSLICEofAmerica

Peter Aawen
07-19-2023, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the vids, great to see other people still do that sorta thing too, even if it is in another country! :thumbup: (Or should that be 'especially since it's another country'?? :rolleyes: ) And yeah, the camera does show the sun turning the fog & smoke pink! :ohyea: Some pretty good footage there. :clap: :firstplace:

SLICE
07-19-2023, 04:45 PM
Sadly spYderlovers the camera is toast, it won't even turn on now.

I went to the local best buy to see I could work a deal on a display model, but no dice and I can't really justify $300+ for a camera that I want vs needing a camera, I mean it's not like I have a thousand followers on YT.

When I get back to Florida I will sell my Starrett gauge blocks, those should fetch me about 3k and I'll never use them again.

So I'll buy a new go-pro hero 11 media Mod and new Mic and have plenty of money left over for another get away with my wife.

thanks to all that watched and commented.

CopperSpyder
07-19-2023, 05:01 PM

I went to the local best buy to see I could work a deal on a display model, but no dice and I can't really justify $300+ for a camera that I want vs needing a camera, I mean it's not like I have a thousand followers on YT.

When I get back to Florida I will sell my Starrett gauge blocks, those should fetch me about 3k and I'll never use them again.

So I'll buy a new go-pro hero 11 media Mod and new Mic and have plenty of money left over for another get away with my wife.

Glad your just going with the flow, enjoy the rest of your trip!! Maine is my home state, lots of nice riding there. :thumbup:

Valkrocket
07-19-2023, 06:04 PM
Ifin your going to Ft Kent, y'all might want to brush up on your French....Eh? :read: You can shake hands with Canada from there.
Safe travels Slice. Will miss your videos.

ARtraveler
07-19-2023, 06:30 PM
I had the chance to ride through Maine back in 1997 when I was on the honeymoon with my now ex. It lasted 13 years though. :bowdown:

Beautiful country. We arrived by auto ferry from Nova Scotia...so we did not drive TO Maine. Loved the quaintness of the place.

Deanna777
07-19-2023, 06:58 PM

Slice,

Thanks for the videos.

Enjoy your time with your family in Fort Kent, Maine.

Deanna

Deanna777
07-19-2023, 07:00 PM
I some day want to go to Maine on my spyder.

Deanna

SLICE
07-21-2023, 04:07 AM
The Ride into Maine yesterday was awesome. Leaving the hotel in Concord, the temp was 52° and that was a bit of a shock. The sun rise was specular, but alas, no camera! That is being worked on, as my brother has taken the camera apart and found a bad capacitor (the guy truly is a genius when it comes to electronics) so if one can be found he will replace it (at 70 years old he has the hands of a brain surgeon).
I canceled the Fort Kent portion of the trip, as there is no sense in going if I can't record/document the journey.
I was lucky that the hotel in Houlton ME. refunded my money, as I told them I was having electrical issues (lol not lying about that) and would not be able to make it up there.

Once again thanks to all who have watched my videos.

safecracker
07-21-2023, 06:43 AM
Slice, at least you made it to Maine. Have a great ryde home.

SLICE
07-21-2023, 01:12 PM
Cell phone footage to help salvage some of the vacation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XT-c1zFDBs&ab_channel=AsmallSLICEofAmerica

SLICE
07-22-2023, 12:32 PM
My almost homestead and stupid camera settings.

So what we thought was a bad capacitor was just an instant on off function for the camera if you use it for a dashcam
( like if the car gets bumped..dumb setting. now the reason I could watch the videos on the camera and not load them was the setting was set to sepa and the video program would not recognize those files. So once again I think I have the camera sorted out (for now )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuxbEPyT798&t=40s&ab_channel=AsmallSLICEofAmerica

SLICE
07-24-2023, 04:16 PM
Homeward Bound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8wdbPpT7S8&ab_channel=AsmallSLICEofAmerica

Deanna777
07-24-2023, 07:27 PM
Have a safe Ride!

Deanna

Little Blue
07-26-2023, 03:03 AM
:coffee:...Nice videos about the trip. I'm glad you found the problem with the camera.

Have yourself a grand time and enjoy the Ryde Time.
Prayers for your Safe Travels and Return Home.

Stay Healthy and Be Safe. ....:thumbup:

SLICE
07-31-2023, 02:39 PM
Maine trip report

So after 14 days and 3438.9 miles I have learned.

the spYder ran flawlessly.

95% of car drivers are courteous.

100% of BIG RIG DRIVERS are courteous.

Motel 6 is a dump (see my video)

65-70 MPH yielded me 200 miles per tank average fill up was 5.8 gallons.

Quality INN has coffee 24/7 (I'm a coffee junkie). I am now a Choice hotels member.

My only D'oh moment was day 1 when I reset the trip B mileage, I quickly called my wife and said write down 447.

I did not go one day without getting jacked up in a traffic jam...not one.

My original plan to ride all back roads to Maine in 5.5 days was a very BOLD IDEA

I find the spYder very uncomfortable after 5-6 hours of riding.

bikerbillone
08-01-2023, 06:19 AM
Still going for that GW?

SLICE
08-01-2023, 06:23 AM
Still going for that GW?

That or an Ultra classic HD, I found 2015 CVO with 10k miles for really short money.