PDA

View Full Version : New Pedal Box Install (blue tooth version) - No noticeable difference

Arcamguy
07-09-2023, 04:26 PM
I finally made time and installed the Pedal Box controller (blue tooth version) on my 2022 Rt Limited. I did it with the assistance of Pierre's YouTube video, so the process was deliberate and slow (great video). The most extended portion of the installation was determining the best place to mount the controller. I kept it next to the two new connections. I was mounted to the black bar where the original wiring was clamped.
I did program the pedal box as instructed (3 times). So far, everything has gone very well and relatively easy. After downloading the Play Store app, I paired the pedal box to my phone. This is where things didn't go very smoothly. I did pair it to my phone, but it reacted like I still needed to get an app, but I was paired.
I went for a ride, no fundamental changes at all. I tried all levels, city, sport, and sport +. So I came back home and tried reprogramming it again. I went for another ride, and still no changes.
Do you think BRP connect/Go is interfering with the Bluetooth signal/connection of the Pedal Box? I don't know what to do at this point. I need help.

Thanks,
Arcamguy

BigEZ
07-09-2023, 05:49 PM
Arcamguy, the difference is significant! So something is wrong.

I had to delete mine on my phone and reload. Sport +2 is a great setting, +3 or Sport+ 1,2 or three - hang on!

slhanks004
07-10-2023, 09:32 AM
I have a Pedal Commander which is essentially the same product/does the same thing, and the difference was night and day. There's something wrong with yours if you can't tell a difference.

Isopedella
07-10-2023, 11:30 AM
I too suggest a re-install.
I fitted mine and to my best ability did the program thingi.

Went for a ride then got a limp mode bout 4 minutes into the ride, I went home and re-did the install. This time it held.

Night and day and entirely noticeable.

No more lag and burble ok I will think on this before I had throttle response.

FrogmanDave
07-17-2023, 01:02 PM
I have a Pedal Commander which is essentially the same product/does the same thing, and the difference was night and day. There's something wrong with yours if you can't tell a difference.

Exact same here.

chipveres
07-17-2023, 01:21 PM
If you installed the app on an Apple phone, could you say it wouldn't pair?

Peteoz
07-17-2023, 04:44 PM
BRP Go only operates via the cable from your phone, Arcamguy. BT operates independently and wirelessly of that…….. I have zero issues on my ‘21 RT with my iPhone connected to the RT Bluetooth, and using the Pedal Commander app on my phone to change settings on my Pedal Commander. I am not running Pedal Box however, so this post is just info that phone to RT BT doesn’t impact phone to Pedal Commander BT.

Pete

KAMJAM
07-17-2023, 05:55 PM
Exact same here.

Ditto!

Pirate
07-17-2023, 06:00 PM

The Pedal Commander doesn't need to be programmed like the Pedal Box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lljdNSb2nX4&ab_channel=Pierre-SpyderTVPoliquin-SpyderAccessories