PDA

View Full Version : Leaving to ride to Boca Chica

GreyGhost
07-03-2023, 01:25 PM
Leaving in the morning for Brownsville and then on the Boca Chica to check out Elon Musk’s Starbase..Hwy 4 that runs through his facilities ends in the sand..the plan is to hang a right on the beach and view where the Rio Grande dumps into the Gulf of Mexico..

Bfromla
07-03-2023, 02:02 PM
Keep a look out for chupacabras & other 203657

BCNewell
07-03-2023, 11:31 PM
Come on down!! I live about 30 miles from Boca Chica (45 driving miles), and have ridden down there several times. You can get right up close and personal, especially at the launch area. Quite the sight. And a nice twisty road after the checkpoint on Hwy 4, but a little beat up from truck traffic. Enjoy. Stay hydrated.

al0vely
07-04-2023, 04:43 AM
Enjoy the ride … it should be very hot �� and humid … Texas style.
:spyder2:

GreyGhost
07-04-2023, 04:24 PM
Come on down!! I live about 30 miles from Boca Chica (45 driving miles), and have ridden down there several times. You can get right up close and personal, especially at the launch area. Quite the sight. And a nice twisty road after the checkpoint on Hwy 4, but a little beat up from truck traffic. Enjoy. Stay hydrated.

So I’m spending the night in Kenedy (graduated in ‘64 but haven’t returned since ‘67)..have you ridden your Spyder on the beach? I want to see the mouth of the Rio Grande but can’t walk that far...

BCNewell
07-04-2023, 05:43 PM
Kenedy- as in, next to Karnes City? I like your route. Staying off the big roads.

I have not ridden mine on the sand. I know vehicles drive on the beach, but I don’t want the corrosion - or the possibility of getting stuck.

Would invite myself to ride out there with you, but I’m on a John Deere combine harvesting corn near Rio Hondo.

GreyGhost
07-04-2023, 08:08 PM
Yep, that Kenedy..Will hit the beach either tomorrow afternoon or first thing the next morning and then start heading back north..

GreyGhost
07-07-2023, 04:58 AM
Mission kinda’ completed..saw some rockets and made the beach, but too much loose sand to attempt the Rio Grande..stopping today at the last remaining suspension bridge (Regency Bridge out of San Saba)..

GreyGhost
07-08-2023, 08:18 PM
Made it back home..enjoyed the ride..suspension bridge was neat..

BCNewell
07-10-2023, 07:24 AM
Hope you didn’t get rained on while down here. Visited that suspension bridge last year (my sister lives down the road at Goldthwaite). It definitely moves when crossing in a Ford Expedition. Could you feel it on the RT?

GreyGhost
07-11-2023, 02:44 AM
I expected to feel it, but didn’t..stayed the night in Comanche and made it home Saturday..good trip..