PDA

View Full Version : Forum has been updated- Please read if you can't stay logged in

Lamonster
11-11-2009, 10:06 AM
We did a update a few months ago and the forum started cutting out about 3,000 to 4,000 pph (posts per hour). The forum has always pulled a little to the right but has stayed on track and so far nobody has been hurt by this other than their feelings. ;)

We just did a update to the update and it has caused a new problem with some of the members not being able to stay logged in on the board. The fix to this update is to clear your cookies and temp files and then log back in. The board should run much better for you now and our server should get better load mileage with the new update. :D

If you still have trouble please contact your webmaster. :doorag::spyder2:

Tom in NM
11-11-2009, 10:16 AM
We just did a update to the update and it has caused a new problem with some of the members not being able to stay logged in on the board. The fix to this update is to clear your cookies and temp files and then log back in. The board should run much better for you now and our server should get better load mileage with the new update. :D
:doorag::spyder2:

. . . . . we should do the Cookiectomy. Won't the EPA have problems with that? ;)

Tom

Lamonster
11-11-2009, 10:18 AM
. . . . . we should do the Cookiectomy. Won't the EPA have problems with that? ;)

Tom
I've tossed my cookies many times and never had a problem recovering. :barf:

smokster
11-11-2009, 10:47 AM
There still is some sputtering, backfires and conversations running on without cause. Will this new update solve the problem?:roflblack:

Lamonster
11-11-2009, 10:51 AM
There still is some sputtering, backfires and conversations running on without cause. Will this new update solve the problem?:roflblack:
We here at SpyderLovers.com are well aware of this problem and feel this is part of the normal operation of this board. We have installed an "ignore" feature that can be found in your userCP. :D

Some Guy
11-11-2009, 11:47 AM
We here at SpyderLovers.com are well aware of this problem and feel this is part of the normal operation of this board. We have installed an "ignore" feature that can be found in your userCP. :D
:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

mike3069
11-11-2009, 01:04 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

This makes me feel right at home!

:spyder::shemademe_smilie:

jwhatman
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Oh God I needed a laugh. Thank you all.
Joyce

madjack
11-11-2009, 01:58 PM
So, since the recent down time of the web site. I can no longer scoll thru the pics, when I open a album up. No longer is there the last/ next feature at the top right to click on. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same issue

2spyders
11-11-2009, 02:00 PM
We just did a update to the update and it has caused a new problem

:doorag::spyder2:

you have been spending too much time with those BRP people!
:roflblack::roflblack:

Lamonster
11-11-2009, 02:02 PM
So, since the recent down time of the web site. I can no longer scoll thru the pics, when I open a album up. No longer is there the last/ next feature at the top right to click on. Just wondering if anybody else has had the same issue
It's now below each picture. We didn't want you to get to use to doing anything the same as before. ;)

madjack
11-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks Lamonster, My wife asked what that popping sound was, LMAO

BajaRon
11-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Overall I like the new server update. Navigating around seems easier and I haven't had the LYO (Logs You Off) or is it (Locks You Out) problem.

But now I'm smelling fuel when I long on....

What's up with that? Do I need to extend my DSL cable? :dontknow:

truck 85
11-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Overall I like the new server update. Navigating around seems easier and I haven't had the LYO (Logs You Off) or is it (Locks You Out) problem.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Zerocool
11-11-2009, 04:40 PM
The fix to this update is to clear your cookies and temp files and then log back in. :doorag::spyder2:

So, what your saying is, the aftermarket mods are the cause of our issues and the remedy is to remove, reinstall, and try again; basically, our fault. :joke:

:roflblack::roflblack:

I needed a laugh today... thanks!

Lamonster
11-11-2009, 04:40 PM

First I need to know what mods you have done to your computer. If you have messed with the stock hard drive or memory that's most likely the problem, it has nothing to do with our update. :D

BajaRon
11-11-2009, 05:24 PM
First I need to know what mods you have done to your computer. If you have messed with the stock hard drive or memory that's most likely the problem, it has nothing to do with our update. :D

Oh... Now that I think about it, I did put an aftermarket fan on my computer... The stock one quit and my CPU was getting too hot! :yikes:

Wow! Even though my computer seems to be working perfectly, now I'm afraid to use it ....I'm going to park it until I can take it to the shop and I'm not taking it back until it's PERFECT!

I'm sorry... I just no longer feel safe on this website. :helpsmilie:

bjt
11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh... Now that I think about it, I did put an aftermarket fan on my computer... The stock one quit and my CPU was getting too hot! :yikes:

Wow! Even though my computer seems to be working perfectly, now I'm afraid to use it ....I'm going to park it until I can take it to the shop and I'm not taking it back until it's PERFECT!

:D

fastfraser
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm reading between the lines here.:chat:

3wheeldemon
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
...We just did a update to the update ...

. . . . . we should do the Cookiectomy....
Tom

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: That is the forum I liked!!!!:2thumbs:

3WD

Lamonster
11-11-2009, 05:59 PM

Maybe you should sell your PC computer and by a Mac, nothing ever goes wrong with them. :D
http://mochate.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/aple.jpg

pitmon
11-11-2009, 06:05 PM
OMG I really needed a laugh.. Thanks guys!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

wolfshead1
11-11-2009, 06:05 PM
mine is working so I am waiting for the update to the update,update.Working fine here monster.

NewRider
11-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I know what a "forum" is; what is a "fourm"? A tip of the slongue?:f_spider:

Lamonster
11-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I know what a "forum" is; what is a "fourm"? A tip of the slongue?:f_spider:
We've just installed a new update for that. :opps::dontknow::shocked:

Longlegs
11-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Haha too funny.
I think since I might have started this, I guess I'll be the guinnee pig and see if it works. If I am never heard from again it must have locked up and I crashed.

Putt-Putt
11-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Well I just had to relog in Never had to before, hope it's a 1 time thing.

Guess not had to log in again. Have to see if I remember how to clear my cookies .

NewRider
11-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Haha too funny.
I think since I might have started this, I guess I'll be the guinnee pig and see if it works. If I am never heard from again it must have locked up and I crashed.

If you hear theme music from "Twilight Zone"...you may have a problem!;)

bjt
11-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Maybe you should sell your PC computer and by a Mac, nothing ever goes wrong with them. :D

:agree:

GA-SPYDER
11-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Time for a survey.

who has had to log back in.........
and who has not?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderWolf
11-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Now I am scared to death because my PC is 100% custom! :yikes:

Thanks for the laugh everyone! :roflblack:

I have not had to log back in.

3tracs
11-11-2009, 11:31 PM
I love it! Definately needed the chuckle, thanks! :clap: :D

QuadManiac
11-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Hey, after the update, my cupholder no longer works.. you know, that cupholder thing 3/4 way up the computer that pops out when you push a button? Where am I going to put my coffee now? Can I get the update reversed?

BajaRon
11-12-2009, 12:40 AM

I think I'm done with computers. Too many problems and NO SUPPORT! Every time I try to get some help I just get the Run-Around and end up with someone from India on the phone that I can't understand!

And I don't even want to get into the number of updates to the last update Merry-Go-Round I've lived with ever since I got it.

I'm going to wait until Honda comes out with a PC...

BajaRon
11-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Hey, after the update, my cupholder no longer works.. you know, that cupholder thing 3/4 way up the computer that pops out when you push a button? Where am I going to put my coffee now? Can I get the update reversed?

Hey, believe me, I feel your pain! :gaah: You definitely need the Cupholder Update. But be careful. That update fixed my cupholder just fine but on the way home I stared getting unexplained feedback in my USB ports.

I called India and if I understand him correctly I need to ground my coil. But he said I should only use Intel wire because the copper in aftermarket wire can cause the purge valve on the sound card to make very rude noises. :yikes:

Not only that but he said using non-approved copper wire will void my warranty! :yikes:

I'm seriously thinking of going back to the paper and pencil. Can you still buy those? :dontknow:

Tom in NM
11-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Hey, believe me, I feel your pain! :gaah: You definitely need the Cupholder Update.

Well everything was working fine for me, including the Cupholder, but then I found that the Forum Nanny wouldn't let me into the Off Topic Forum. I can handle it, what can I do?
Is there a way to disable it?

I also noticed that I can no longer put up posts that are greater than 1,575,000 characters! What is that about?! Has anyone else hit that wall? Will it help if I hook up another keyboard? Or should I unplug my keyboard for 15 minutes and see if that resets the counter.

I would ask more, but I think I am running out of chara

BajaRon
11-12-2009, 01:25 AM
I would ask more, but I think I am running out of chara

I LOVE IT! :roflblack:

I really should quit messing around here and get to work, but my procrastinator valve is stuck!

My real fear is the update my wife is going to give me when she finds out! :yikes:

SpyderWolf
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
I would be seriously afraid of that update as well! :yikes:

bone crusher
11-12-2009, 11:37 PM

I have 2 macs and a pc now running windows 7...gotta be honest when I say that the windows 7 is soooo much better than vista or xp, for that matter...

Snow leopard is great for the mac but 7 has really enabled pcs to get a lot better!

BajaRon
11-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I have 2 macs and a pc now running windows 7...gotta be honest when I say that the windows 7 is soooo much better than vista or xp, for that matter...

Snow leopard is great for the mac but 7 has really enabled pcs to get a lot better!

Uummmm....Windows 7 wouldn't be a dreaded UPDATE would it? :yikes:

And if it is....then why didn't MS get it right before they released a defective OS in the first place? :lecturef_smilie:

QuadManiac
11-13-2009, 05:18 AM
my procrastinator valve is stuck!

My real fear is the update my wife is going to give me when she finds out!

I think a urologist can help you with that BEFORE she finds out! :roflblack:

Lamonster
11-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Uummmm....Windows 7 wouldn't be a dreaded UPDATE would it? :yikes:

And if it is....then why didn't MS get it right before they released a defective OS in the first place? :lecturef_smilie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpOvzGiheOM

Magic Man
11-13-2009, 08:54 AM
YouTube- Mac vs. PC Windows 7 vs. Mac Ad: Broken Promises (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpOvzGiheOM)

That why I always get nervious when any big company says "trust me." :shocked:

Oh wait I have to log back on my "Vista program" just locked up again! :gaah:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

MM

docdoru
11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
As much as Apple has grown, it still commands only 6.6% of the market. And Microsoft, thanks in part to coordinating its release of Windows 7 closely with its PC-making partners and learning from the mistakes of Vista, aims to keep it from rising much further. :thumbup:

Magic Man
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM

MM

Hey wait!

BRP didn't say to "trust them" that they get this all straight did they? :shocked:

MM

tatt2r
11-13-2009, 09:02 AM
As much as Apple has grown, it still commands only 6.6% of the market. And Microsoft, thanks in part to coordinating its release of Windows 7 closely with its PC-making partners and learning from the mistakes of Vista, aims to keep it from rising much further. :thumbup:

give it a month doc ...... had all macs in my shop for the past 5 years ...no problems .....

Lamonster
11-13-2009, 09:05 AM

MM
http://absolutely2nothing.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/mac_20vs_20pc.jpg

SpyderWolf
11-13-2009, 09:39 AM
I have also been running Windows 7 without any problems at all. I was also able to run Vista without any problems. All of this is on a home built, fully customized machine. Should I continue to trust them, or throw the computer away before it takes over my life, or causes me serious injury? :yikes:

docdoru
11-13-2009, 09:50 AM
give it a month doc ...... had all macs in my shop for the past 5 years ...no problems .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihhe_vZFYQA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuPR_z0eLrA&feature=player_embedded

BajaRon
11-13-2009, 01:28 PM
YouTube- Mac vs. PC Windows 7 vs. Mac Ad: Broken Promises (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpOvzGiheOM)

We should have done Biker Guy and Metric Rider...

BumbleBee
11-13-2009, 04:34 PM
:2thumbs:

Zerocool
11-13-2009, 04:45 PM

Actually, Apple's market share for 2009 is 9.63%, up 31.7% from 2008. That's quite an increase in this economy.

I've had a 15" Macbook Pro for the past 2.5 years... I'll NEVER go back to a Windows platform again... EVER!