PDA

View Full Version : My wheelchair mount,

RoadHammer
11-10-2009, 08:29 PM
I been running with this all summer, figured may as well put some pics up, lots have wondered about different configurations for non folding chairs, so this is how my guy did it.

RoadHammer
11-10-2009, 08:31 PM
more....

shansmow
11-10-2009, 09:13 PM
:clap:Amazing how individuals can conceptualize and put things together. Very cool.

fastfraser
11-10-2009, 09:19 PM
:2thumbs: Nice job Ferno :spyder2: ON.

RoadHammer
11-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Where theres a will there is a way, the parkbrake was my idea,.I get lots of comments about it.. I brought the welder the bike, had a few brews and came back a few days later and that's what I had.

The wheel holder is a bit overkill, I might change it a bit over the winter. Otherwise the welding is top rate, its a kid he was training that did most of the welding.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=574

SpyderWolf
11-10-2009, 10:36 PM
That is a cool piece of ingenuity! :congrats:

SethO
11-11-2009, 07:51 PM
awsome guy. how long does it take you to put your wheelchair on and to take it off?

I am trying to get a estimate of how long it takes other people with their wheelchairs on and off so I can get a better setup or bounce ideas off each other.

Mine takes about 1 min 30 sec if I don't F something up to put it on and about 45 sec's to get off.

looks good plus you can have a passenger which I can't with my setup.

RoadHammer
11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
It's always on my bike, only comes off when I got out to meet people or ride with others. When putting the frame on the bike it needs to be tilted to the left and foot rests and frame are positioned in a certain place and than its turned to the right. It locks in place from pressure points on the foot plate and frame. The bungeee cord is just in case. The wheels are a no brainer, pop off and insert on right side, bungee down so they dont fly out on hard bumps. The xtr frame is just to heavy for me to try to manipulate and turn left and right with one hand, while hanging on with the other trying to maintain balance so I dont fall off the bike. On the other hand I have no problem taking it out of my stang and putting it together.

awsome guy. how long does it take you to put your wheelchair on and to take it off?

I am trying to get a estimate of how long it takes other people with their wheelchairs on and off so I can get a better setup or bounce ideas off each other.

Mine takes about 1 min 30 sec if I don't F something up to put it on and about 45 sec's to get off.

looks good plus you can have a passenger which I can't with my setup.

Smylinacha
11-11-2009, 09:42 PM
more....

:2thumbs::2thumbs::doorag::doorag::spyder2:

RoadHammer
11-11-2009, 11:42 PM
It works, it wont be like that next summer. My original idea will be done over the winter.

:2thumbs::2thumbs::doorag::doorag::spyder2: