PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Door- I've Joined the Club

ImaCaMan
05-27-2023, 05:24 PM
Thanks to all who have posted their info on installing a fuel door on their RT's. I finally got the nerve to "make the cut". It looked pretty good, but.....I hadn't taken it to the gas station for a test run yet. Just got back and am proud to say it was a success. To all of those who have questioned our doing this, you have not gone on a trip and had to untie your travel bag, remove it, and then replace it and strap it back down, every time you refuel. That gets old real quick. Thanks again to all of the pioneers who posted their work and made it doable for me.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-27-2023, 07:53 PM
Thanks to all who have posted their info on installing a fuel door on their RT's. I finally got the nerve to "make the cut". It looked pretty good, but.....I hadn't taken it to the gas station for a test run yet. Just got back and am proud to say it was a success. To all of those who have questioned our doing this, you have not gone on a trip and had to untie your travel bag, remove it, and then replace it and strap it back down, every time you refuel. That gets old real quick. Thanks again to all of the pioneers who posted their work and made it doable for me.

Your welcome .... glad you tried and succeeded ... :congrats::clap: ..... Mike :thumbup:

Peacekeeper6
06-01-2023, 12:13 PM

I've actually thought of doing this, but I'm afraid the filling nozzle would be somehow affected by it not filling the fuel tank correctly, or the leather of the seat would get worn out from the filler handle.

Any issues with that ????

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-01-2023, 03:56 PM
I put my fuel door the winter of 14, and have Not had any issues with it .... it's black, but even in the Sun on a hot day I don't notice it .... PS I NEVER wear shorts, so that could be an issue for some .... JMHO .... Mike :thumbup:

Motorcycledave
06-02-2023, 03:37 PM
Gas Door - sorry about the pictures being sideways.

203025 203026

This is easy and undetectable when closed. An easy 'Do It Yourself' project

Motorcycledave
06-02-2023, 03:47 PM
You would be correct... especially in the republic of California with the giant gas filler nozzles