PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle and atv shops shuting down..no one wants can-am

hondaman
11-08-2009, 04:11 PM
some of my atv,motorcycle shops in town is closed soon.Lots of different shops from 15 yrs+.Nobody wanted can-am so they are done here.The other shops said there is no money in can-am.Guess its the sign of bad times and toys just cost too much.:mad:

Smylinacha
11-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Honda shop just closed the next town over from us - never sold spyders but they sold seadoos. Just went by it today - gates all locked up - very sad. Yep, many people can't afford toys like they used to - it all goes for the basic necessities now in this economy.

some of my atv,motorcycle shops in town is closed soon.Lots of different shops from 15 yrs+.Nobody wanted can-am so they are done here.The other shops said there is no money in can-am.Guess its the sign of bad times and toys just cost too much.:mad:

Zerocool
11-08-2009, 11:19 PM

Not sure it has anything to do w/Can Am.

Government reports a 10%+ unemployment rate; actual, counting everyone, is 17.5%+/-

Few are able to buy toys, especially if they've never saved any of their income. Cash is (still) king!

dicko
11-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Downunder, motorcycle shops seem to be in a bit of a turmoil too. Major manufacturers are putting the screws on franchisees (floor stock, parts stock, signage etc.) such that several have given up franchises. Some dealers who were poorly managed or not prepared for a downturn have gone bust. Servicing and parts appear to be booming. BRP has quite a large network in Australia for servicing of all products (boats, Can-am 2 wheelers, ATVs, SeaDoos and SkiDoos). A smaller network exists for sales but generally it's not possible to buy a SeaDoo and a SkiDoo at same dealer. Initially, Spyders seemed to be sold in ATV/SeaDoo dealers. Now they are expanding to dealers that sell and service Rotax powered vehicles or other sports V-Twins, which is the opposite of other manufacturers. However, multi-franchising is dominating. It's the single franchise dealers that are giving up.

ArmyJoe
11-10-2009, 05:05 PM
There were four dealers in the Columbus, Ohio area. I dropped by one last week and found the place was closed down. The other three locations are all owned by the same family, so there's really only one dealer left in town.

Smylinacha
11-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Yep, very sad :( Good people too!

Hope and Change..............:gaah:

It is unfortunate, two friends of ours were salesmen there.......

Trickie Dick
11-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I called my dealer today to find out why they hadn't called to schedule my update. They said they still didn't have the parts and I said it had been 6 weeks since the parts and software was available. Service manager said they had problems and couldnt get the parts from BRP and they had to go to another source. This is from a dealer that's been around for a long time and is the only dealer in town.
Makes me nervous.

Longlegs
11-10-2009, 11:29 PM

"We live in the greatest country in the world, stand with me while I change it.":hun:

Roaddog2
11-12-2009, 11:06 PM

It is unfortunate, two friends of ours were salesmen there.......I changed my shorts today :gaah:

dicko
11-15-2009, 06:38 PM
I changed my shorts today :gaah:

Who with?

ataDude
11-15-2009, 07:05 PM
I changed my shorts today :gaah:

Who with?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D