PDA

View Full Version : I give up, how do you work a Krikit ??

old Timer
05-20-2023, 06:47 AM
McRuss thoughtfully included a Krikit ii with my new to me shiney beautiful F3 L.

It's sitting on my desk......Uh, for this Old Farte who thought that I'm not a Dummy.............Broke that myth.

HOW THE HECK DOES IT WORK :shocked:

USAF
05-20-2023, 07:27 AM
Check this thread, There are videos linked in the comments that will help you. >> https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?154325-Which-Krikit-Tension-Tool-should-I-buy-for-2017-RT-S-E6

Isopedella
05-20-2023, 10:25 AM
Yep the video shows how to use it.

Make sure none of your spare fingers dont stray onto that exhaust. I did it once. Ye ha.

2dogs
05-20-2023, 12:26 PM
Carefully, and use it several times to get a good average. Play with it on something else ie; your car's fan belt to get a good idea of how to use it. Good luck, it's a great tool for the price and what it accomplishes.

old Timer
05-20-2023, 12:44 PM
Thanks Guys.

sledge
05-21-2023, 10:05 PM
McRuss thoughtfully included a Krikit ii with my new to me shiney beautiful F3 L.

It's sitting on my desk......Uh, for this Old Farte who thought that I'm not a Dummy.............Broke that myth.

HOW THE HECK DOES IT WORK :shocked:

I bought one, when I had my Spyder several months, when I would go riding on a major highway I would start to hear this Whine noise from around 50 mph to about 70 mph. I read posts where people said to adjust the drive belt to like 165 lbs. to 170 lbs. ... Well mine was like 190 lbs. so I thought it's too tight, I jacked the rear wheel off the ground, and backed it down to 165 lbs. then took it for a 5-mile ride .... never helped a bit ... so I did it again and down to 160... maybe a little better, did it again down to 150.... and it was perfect! ... Sooo, just saying if it needs adjusting, try it till you find what you're looking for. I doubt that all Spyders are exactly the same...