PDA

View Full Version : Our First Trip

Old Willie
05-14-2023, 05:44 PM
Bev and I left Picacho, AZ on April 20th on our 2022 Spyder RTL and headed to Missouri. We stopped in Nixa at Lamonster Garage to get handlebar risers installed. Then we stopped in Rolla, MO to visit my son. After that we headed to Evansville, IN to visit some of Bev’s family and our friends.

After our visit in Evansville we left with our friends Scott and Lynn for Vicksburg, MS. In Vicksburg we met some other bikers for a weekend of riding and socializing. Our last leg of this trip was from Vicksburg back to Arizona. The Spyder performed very well and we didn’t have any trouble. Total mileage for the trip was 3,985 miles. I didn’t keep track of my mileage, I think it was in the mid 30’s. We only rode around 300 miles per day except for the last day. We both were ready to get home so we rode 600 the last day. We were one day short of being gone three weeks. We are currently planning some more trips before I get too old to ride. I’m currently 84, I’ll let you know when I get too old to ride.

Willie

bigbadbrucie
05-14-2023, 05:54 PM
Bev and I left Picacho, AZ on April 20th on our 2022 Spyder RTL and headed to Missouri. We stopped in Nixa at Lamonster Garage to get handlebar risers installed. Then we stopped in Rolla, MO to visit my son. After that we headed to Evansville, IN to visit some of Bev’s family and our friends.

After our visit in Evansville we left with our friends Scott and Lynn for Vicksburg, MS. In Vicksburg we met some other bikers for a weekend of riding and socializing. Our last leg of this trip was from Vicksburg back to Arizona. The Spyder performed very well and we didn’t have any trouble. Total mileage for the trip was 3,985 miles. I didn’t keep track of my mileage, I think it was in the mid 30’s. We only rode around 300 miles per day except for the last day. We both were ready to get home so we rode 600 the last day. We were one day short of being gone three weeks. We are currently planning some more trips before I get too old to ride. I’m currently 84, I’ll let you know when I get too old to ride.

Willie

Glad to hear that you had a successful trip of 4,000 miles. 600 miles the last day.....hmmmm....too rich for my blood. Age 80 here.

safecracker
05-15-2023, 06:40 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip. Congrats. Keep on ryding. Bruce

Bangorbob
05-15-2023, 08:27 AM
WOW!! 1. Wish my wife rode with me. 2. Wish my butt could handle a long ride. 3. Hope I'm still riding when I turn 80+ (only 73).

Anyway, congrats! Glad you both had a great time and hope many more long rides to come.

rjinaz86323
05-15-2023, 09:23 AM
Congrats. Sounds like a nice trip. We usually do at least one multiweek trip a year. We typically ride 300-400 miles per day also. Our longest day was 517, but that was on our Harley before we got the Spyder. I hope I am still riding at 84. Currently we are both 75 ish

linguine
05-15-2023, 10:07 AM

Willie

Congrats!! That was a feat, to be sure.

At 78 last week, wife and I went to northern AZ and southern UT. A total of 1000 miles, over a 3 day span. We averaged 37 mpg. We stopped for restrooms, gas and food [-ish] when the tank got near 1/4 full. The Spyder [a new-to-me 2020 RTLtd] just loped along, happy at 75 mph for a good portion of the trip. Wife drove over half of it, going and coming back.

So glad you got to see friends and family.

ARtraveler
05-15-2023, 10:24 AM
Thanks for posting up about the ride. Glad you enjoyed it so much. :yes:

Soonerone
05-15-2023, 06:34 PM
Enjoyed reading about your trip. We just got a new to us 2017 RT and look forward to planning some fun rides! You are very inspiring, we are both 68 years young!

Scotts8826
05-16-2023, 07:37 AM
Sounds like it was a great trip! I'm currently planning my summer rides. I'm only 66 and I can only hope to be riding into my 80's.