PDA

View Full Version : Heading for a new record of sorts - 2 Can Ams in 2 days!

gkamer
05-12-2023, 09:07 PM
Yesterday I was out on a ride. No particular destination in mind, just out cruising. I stopped for gas at a Nom—Nom gas station in Airway Heights, WA (the state not the swamp). There at the pump right in front of me was a fella on a Can Am Ryker. So of course we chatted for a few minutes.

He mentioned his Ryker only took 3 gallons of gas. I told him my Spyder would probably only take 4 gallons but I still had a ways to go and didn’t want to get caught short. A lady at the pump across from us over heard our conversations and said “You guys with your 3 gallon fill ups”, as she was filling up her SUV, and all three of us laughed. Ryker rider left and before SUV lady left she wished me a safe ride.

Then today I was out on a ride, heading north on State Highway 23 between Sprague and Harrington WA. There was really nothing along that stretch of road for like 20+ miles but wheat fields as far as the eye can see. So in all this nothing, what passes me going south on this two lane highway? A rider on a Can Am RT-S. We exchanged waves and continued on our way.

So that was two Can Ams in 2 days. That’s more Can Ams then I saw all last year. And there’s still seven months to go in this year.

Yabbadabbadoo
05-13-2023, 06:56 AM
Here in Connecticut I see a Spyder or Ryker almost every time I go out. Not uncommon at all.