PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for Blind spot mirrors?

cwhowardjr17
05-11-2023, 08:59 AM
Hello all

I have a 21 Spyder RT and looking for something i can use for blind spot mirrors. I bought the Big Eye Mirrors from Lamonster and the arms blocked the factory mirrors. I want to see the factory mirrors as well as the mirrors for the blind spots. I've looked into the mirrors from saeng but cant buy them from their site. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Quickdraw
05-11-2023, 09:13 AM
I added the wide view mirrors from slingmods. I tried adding handlebar mounted mirrors but they shook too much.

cwhowardjr17
05-11-2023, 09:41 AM
Thanks, I'll look into it

ThreeWheels
05-11-2023, 10:07 AM
Here's what I have:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874K6859/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A10GE36HP7GCVC&psc=1

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=181193&d=1589161687

Flamewinger
05-11-2023, 10:12 AM
I have used these for years and love ‘em. They swivel independently of the main mirrors.

https://www.amazon.com/Amfor-Frameless-Adjustable-Universal-Rectangle/dp/B0777JTJGJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?crid=2NLMRHB9XICW8&keywords=blind+spot+mirrors+2+pack&qid=1683817816&sprefix=blind+spot%2Caps%2C458&sr=8-12

cwhowardjr17
05-11-2023, 10:53 AM
Thank you ThreeWheels

cruisinTX
05-11-2023, 11:08 AM
I use the stick-on pairs from Walmart and place them in the bottom inside portion of the main mirror. That is an area where you typically see only a portion of your arm and body anyway. Those combined with the main mirror, and your peripheral vision give you a 360° view of the world around you without ever turning your head (although I do still check over my shoulders every time I need to turn or change lanes). They are about $6/pair in most automotive departments or stores.

cwhowardjr17
05-11-2023, 11:15 AM
Thank you cruisinTX

2dogs
05-11-2023, 12:40 PM
I use the stick-on pairs from Walmart and place them in the bottom inside portion of the main mirror. That is an area where you typically see only a portion of your arm and body anyway. Those combined with the main mirror, and your peripheral vision give you a 360° view of the world around you without ever turning your head (although I do still check over my shoulders every time I need to turn or change lanes). They are about $6/pair in most automotive departments or stores.

https://www.jbtools.com/bell-automotive-22-1-00446-8-side-view-wide-angle-mirror/?wi=off&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImLzfhOXt_gIVHROtBh3eJwTCEAQYFiAB EgKuuvD_BwE

After experimenting withing a couple of blindspot mirrors here's what I found that gives me what I wanted in a mirror. It's elongated and fits in the corner of my OEM mirror that normally only showed me my saddle bags. It doesn't block any of the usable view in my OEM mirror. It gives me more of a side view than the normal round "fisheye" mirror which really showed me nothing more than my OEM did. I found these at Nappa.

cwhowardjr17
05-11-2023, 12:56 PM
That's prolly what I'm gonna do

Motorcycledave
05-11-2023, 02:52 PM
Hello all

I have a 21 Spyder RT and looking for something i can use for blind spot mirrors. I bought the Big Eye Mirrors from Lamonster and the arms blocked the factory mirrors. I want to see the factory mirrors as well as the mirrors for the blind spots. I've looked into the mirrors from saeng but cant buy them from their site. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

You Can buy them from me Motorcycle Dave a sponsor here..
just give me a call 209-887-3283 9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific time 7 days a week

Motorcycledave
05-11-2023, 02:56 PM
I have used these for years and love ‘em. They swivel independently of the main mirrors.

https://www.amazon.com/Amfor-Frameless-Adjustable-Universal-Rectangle/dp/B0777JTJGJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?crid=2NLMRHB9XICW8&keywords=blind+spot+mirrors+2+pack&qid=1683817816&sprefix=blind+spot%2Caps%2C458&sr=8-12

I have sold those for years the only downside is they are quite SMALL

cwhowardjr17
05-11-2023, 03:15 PM
Ill call tomorrow. it will be a 505 number

Flamewinger
05-11-2023, 05:17 PM
I have sold those for years the only downside is they are quite SMALL

I use the rectangle ones and they are about 2” wide x 1-1/4” high and way bigger than any other suggested mirror I’ve seen.

linguine
05-11-2023, 05:52 PM
Here's what I have:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874K6859/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A10GE36HP7GCVC&psc=1

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=181193&d=1589161687

Those look perfect. Thanks for the tip.

MNBK
05-11-2023, 07:57 PM
My wife and I use the same as ThreeWheels. We got them at Wal-Mart, they work good for us.

vito1943
05-15-2023, 10:24 AM
I hesitate to try the stick-on little blind spot mirrors because of how hard they are to get off without damaging the OEM mirror. But as I get older its a bit harder to turn my head far enough to really look for a vehicle in my blind spots so maybe I need to at least give this a try.

Peter Aawen
05-15-2023, 05:53 PM
I hesitate to try the stick-on little blind spot mirrors because of how hard they are to get off without damaging the OEM mirror. But as I get older its a bit harder to turn my head far enough to really look for a vehicle in my blind spots so maybe I need to at least give this a try.

You shouldn't worry about that; most of the time they'll come off without leaving any mark at all, and the rest of the time what little mark they may leave is basically just a tiny bit of glue residue that's pretty easy to get off anyway! So I reckon you're stressing over something that's simply a non-event! :lecturef_smilie:

I've NEVER had any difficulties removing them myself, & I've removed a fair few of them at the request of people who don't think they wanted them on their 'new to them' bike &/or car; usually only to replace them with new blind spot mirrors just a short time later, when they've discovered thru their lack how useful they actually were!! :rolleyes:

Most of these little mirrors are only held on by a small section of double-sided tape, and even the most 'stuck on' blind-spot mirror will generally come off with a little bit of help from either heat or cold, maybe a sharp blade, and juuust a little bit of effort; but seriously, once they go on & you work out how useful they are, you'll feel like you're driving with blinkers on if you ever drive without them again! IF! :p So you really should stop sweating over the small stuff and do yourself a favour - Fit the Damn Blind-Spot Mirrors!! :ohyea: After all, getting a little bit of sticky residue off your OEM Mirror at some future time is faaarr less of a worry than being hit by that turkey who blindsided you & totalled you'n your Spyder just cos you couldn't see them coming in your blind spot until it was too late!! :yikes:

Personally, I prefer the round mirrors with a base that sticks to your OEM Mirror and a convex mirror mounted on a pivot an angle so that you can spin/swivel it around to change your view as necessary - most of the time mine are set to show me those 'blind spots' behind me that aren't readily covered by the OEM Mirrors no matter how carefully I adjust them; but then if necessary, I can dial them around to show me the ground immediately in front of/alongside my rear tire so I can carefully pick my way thru the sharp debris on the road; or spin them around so that I can keep an eye on that helicopter that's been sorta tracking me from up high & behind for a while :opps: Even though my blind-spot mirrors spend the bulk of their time covering my blind-spots, it's really 'extra handy' to be able to dial them around & adjust the wide-angle view as & when necessary &/or desired. :thumbup:

wmjweber45
05-15-2023, 08:33 PM
Simple 2 inch stick-on blind spot mirrors work for me. Available at any auto parts store.

Partzman23
05-16-2023, 12:54 PM
Here is what I have done for blind spot mirrors. I like the look of these and they do a good job of showing the blind spots on the sides. I saw these on another Spyder on YouTube and found these on Amazon. They were fairly cheap and an easy install .

al0vely
05-16-2023, 06:30 PM
Here is what I have done for blind spot mirrors. I like the look of these and they do a good job of showing the blind spots on the sides. I saw these on another Spyder on YouTube and found these on Amazon. They were fairly cheap and an easy install .

Do you have a link or name for these mirrors?

Partzman23
05-16-2023, 07:31 PM
Here they are on Amazon

Large YnGia Blind Spot Mirrors, Car Auxiliary Wide Angle Side Adjustable Rearview Mirror for Cars SUV Frame Thickness Less than 5MM ONLY Left and Right
Roll over image to zoom in
Brand: YnGia
3.7 3.7 out of 5 stars 19 ratings
$32.99
FREE Returns

Position Rear
Item Dimensions LxWxH 5.12 x 1.97 x 0.98 inches
Lens Curvature Description Convex
Material Glass
Brand YnGia
Vehicle Service Type For Cars, Truck, SUV
Color Black
Special Feature Adjustable
Fit Type Universal Fit
Size 1len Pair
See more
About this item
【Right Blind Spot Mirror】It Fits Car Mirror Frame Thickness Less than 5MM, Adjustable blind spot mirror X 1, right. Eliminate the blind area or increase the range of visible area when changing lanes or view around when you start.
【Check your car frame size before order】 Fits Car Mirror Frame Thickness Less than 5MM ONLY including most car, SUV, RVs and vans
【Adjustable Angle】Glass Part supports to adjust and wider your visual area.
【Easy to install】Check the No 3 Photo or Video to Install, Double-sided tape + Snap-in type easier the installation.
【Quality Guarantee】Pls confirm the left or right one you need before purchase.100% Satisfaction guarantee, pls feel free to contact with us if there is any problems about the product.

Motorcycledave
05-17-2023, 12:34 PM
Hello all

Thanks for any help.
202697 202698
These are great
Call me 209-887-3283

cwhowardjr17
05-18-2023, 02:48 PM
Motorcycledave, I call tomorrow

al0vely
05-18-2023, 03:17 PM
Do you have a link or name for these mirrors?

Link for mirrors on Amazon

https://a.co/d/2HqcNO6

Quickdraw
06-02-2023, 02:44 PM
I got the wide vue mirrors as stated above. A couple of days ago I noticed a black spot on one of them. Turns out, the mirror must have had condensation, or something penetrate it because the silver stuff is peeling off and it can't be fixed. It has to be replaced. They only lasted 2 years. I don't think I'm buying another set. I'll go with something else. Too bad too because I like those mirrors.

Motorcycledave
06-04-2023, 09:02 PM
Hello all

Thanks for any help.
This is by far the very best.... They are in transition right now changing the mirrors some for the better
check back with them in July.