PDA

View Full Version : Make sure you buy your Extended Warranty BEFORE the OEM Warranty expires!

Flamewinger
05-04-2023, 04:33 PM
I called Sierra Cycles to buy the extended Warranty for my 2021 F3 and sent them an email with the info and VIN.

I got an email back telling me my warranty expired.

A couple hours later they called to make sure I got the email, and he told me I missed it by ONE day. If I had called yesterday, I would’ve been able to get it.

So, if you’re thinking about getting the extended warranty, do it before it expires. BRP doesn’t allow even the slightest delay.

Shucks

Woodaddict
05-04-2023, 05:12 PM
its always been said on this forum.... buy extended warranty BEFORE regular warranty expires. BUT didn't know they were that particular!!!! by one day

Adventurer
05-04-2023, 05:52 PM
I called Sierra Cycles to buy the extended Warranty for my 2021 F3 and sent them an email with the info and VIN.

A couple hours later they called to make sure I got the email, and he told me I missed it by ONE day. If I had called yesterday, I would’ve been able to get it.

So, if you’re thinking about getting the extended warranty, do it before it expires. BRP doesn’t allow even the slightest delay.

Shucks
Sorry to hear that for you, that really sucks. My recommendation for others is to make a reminder on your phone/calendar or whatever you use for at least 30 days prior to the factory warranty expiring.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-04-2023, 11:44 PM

Shucks

Don't sweat it ..... I didn't do it for my 14 RT and it hasn't cost me a penny ..... good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

sgerksinwi
05-05-2023, 04:46 PM
Was Sierra the best price?
On the search for a extended warranty.
Thanks and sorry (being a day late)for the information

T.P.
05-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Remember $671 for 3 years of BRP Best from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428
IMOTORSPORTS is a SPYDERLOVERS sponsor and you are a member, Tell them that.

FLAMEWINGER, Your on this site all of the time. How the heck did you not GIT-R-DONE?

T.P.

Flamewinger
05-05-2023, 08:49 PM
FLAMEWINGER, Your on this site all of the time. How the heck did you not GIT-R-DONE?

T.P.

I didn’t realize I bought it so early in May. I thought I had a couple of weeks. Also, been too busy dealing with my 97 yo Mom.

Thanks.

fredgal
05-06-2023, 05:01 AM

Shucks

youve had your 2021 for over 3 yrs.

Flamewinger
05-06-2023, 09:27 AM
youve had your 2021 for over 3 yrs.

So May 2021 to May 2022 is one year. Then May 2022 to May 2023 makes it 3 years?

tntnj
05-06-2023, 02:30 PM
If you bought it in May 2021 May 2021 to May 2022 is 1 year May 2022 to May 2023 is year 2, the way i figured.

K80Shooter
05-06-2023, 03:39 PM
I know that the 2020's only came with a two year warranty.

fredgal
05-07-2023, 04:50 AM
I know that the 2020's only came with a two year warranty.

yea, i was thinking it was 3 yr.. but only 2 yrs. i bought my 2020 around may of 2021, it was a leftover for 20974.00. but i purchased the best warrenty last yr. from Imotorsports. so im good till 04/2026

Wmoater
05-07-2023, 07:20 PM
Here’s another note about purchasing BRP extended BEST warranty………..for sleds and SXS at least, not sure about spyders but assume it’s the same, buy the full 5 years total. ( factory plus 3 year additional after factory) If you buy a 1 or 2 year extended BEST warranty before your stock is up which you have to, you can only extend it ONCE! so if you get a factory 2 year and buy an extended 1 BEST year, so total 3 years, and an issue occurs in the third year and you want to buy 2 more years just to be safe, you can’t! Even though it’s less than 5. You can only buy the extended BEST warranty once, so in my opinion buy the 3 year just to be safe.

Adventurer
05-07-2023, 08:06 PM
Here’s another note about purchasing BRP extended BEST warranty………..for sleds and SXS at least, not sure about spyders but assume it’s the same, buy the full 5 years total. ( factory plus 3 year additional after factory) If you buy a 1 or 2 year extended BEST warranty before your stock is up which you have to, you can only extend it ONCE! so if you get a factory 2 year and buy an extended 1 BEST year, so total 3 years, and an issue occurs in the third year and you want to buy 2 more years just to be safe, you can’t! Even though it’s less than 5. You can only buy the extended BEST warranty once, so in my opinion buy the 3 year just to be safe.

You scared me, had to go back and look, I couldn’t remember if I purchased the additional 3 yrs. or just 1 year…whew I got the 3 yr extension. BTW the $671 from iMotorsports is the amount for the 3 yr BEST warranty.

blacklightning
05-08-2023, 08:55 AM
When I bought my 2021 RTL from the previous owner last October 30, that was one of my concerns. She thought that she purchased it in mid December 2020, so I was good. When I went to buy the extended warranty, she actually got it in May 2021, so I still had time. But with my memory I didn't want to chance it so I bought it them. On my BMW K1600B, it came with standard 3 year warranty. I picked up an additional 5 years for around $1,100. The good thing about them is that if I should sell the bike and not transfer the warranty to the new owner, they will pro rate the time and give me some money back on the warranty. That was a no brainer to me. Especially with all the electronic stuff on that bike.

FrogmanDave
05-08-2023, 12:12 PM
Remember $671 for 3 years of BRP Best from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428

Unless you have a 3 year warranty at time of purchase. I got an extra year of warranty free for pre-ordering my 2022 in October of 2021. So, if I buy an extended BEST warranty, I will only get an additional 2 years and it still costs $671 from Imotorsports.

PhillyPod
05-08-2023, 04:46 PM

I second everything said about Thomas Palmer at iMotorsports. I had it in my calendar to call about extending the warranty on my 2021 Sea to Sky in a few weeks. Thanks to this thread I decided not to wait and potentially miss out. I left a voicemail for Thomas on Friday and he got back to me this afternoon. He quoted $671 for the coverage. All he needed was the VIN and a credit card and the whole process took maybe 5 minutes.

Highly recommended!

Warren