PDA

View Full Version : Another recall - 2022 Ryker sticky brake light actuator

peacons
04-24-2023, 01:25 PM
Just got another recall letter for our 2022 Rykers.
This one is a fix for a sticky brake light actuator that keeps the brake lights on even if the pedal isn't pressed.

bikerbillone
04-25-2023, 06:23 AM
Yep, got mine yesterday. Hate going back to dealer, an experience in misery and a lost day of life except for the ride, that's always fun.

woods
04-25-2023, 04:40 PM
Got the same one for my 20 RT. Dealer said parts may come in July,same time as front sprockets for that recall !

Captainmal
04-26-2023, 09:33 AM
Called my dealer on that. 2022 Sport. Immediately got an appointment for this Friday morning, April 28th. They told me 45 minutes at the most.

Think mine is just a different return spring. Actually a good incentive to return to the dealer. 3,000 miles and no issues. Just interested in the sport handgrips. Took delivery with those fat handgrips. They are painful to me trying to hold on to such fat things that slip so easily. I want something thin like the factory grips but with a more grippy feeling so I don't have to squeeze so hard.

ziggy
04-26-2023, 09:43 AM
Called my dealer on that. 2022 Sport. Immediately got an appointment for this Friday morning, April 28th. They told me 45 minutes at the most.

Think mine is just a different return spring. Actually a good incentive to return to the dealer. 3,000 miles and no issues. Just interested in the sport handgrips. Took delivery with those fat handgrips. They are painful to me trying to hold on to such fat things that slip so easily. I want something thin like the factory grips but with a more grippy feeling so I don't have to squeeze so hard.

I haven't looked lately, but I bought some friction tape grip stuff that I used on my helicopter throttle grip.

al0vely
04-26-2023, 10:50 AM
Got my recall notice yesterday ... but I had called them 2 weeks ago and they recently got the parts in.

I am scheduled to get the fix next week.

blackphoenix38
05-17-2023, 07:25 AM
I noticed this issue when I took my Ryker off the lot. Two dealers told me I was crazy and it wasn't happening... then all of sudden this recall happens...