PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Demo

manoman14
11-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Got the call from my dealer today saying they will have their demo ready to go by next Tuesday! Finally something to look at, sit on, and RIDE:2thumbs:

Lamonster
11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I just heard that they started shipping the demo units to the dealers. :thumbup:

fredace
11-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Think these are pre-production or real production models?

bjt
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM
As of today, all my dealer knew was that they were getting a demo sometime in November. No specific date yet.

SpyderGirl
11-05-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm hoping there might be one at my dealer this weekend when I drop the Spyder off for service or maybe on the day I pick it up. I got to ride on the back with Lamont, now I want to see what it's like to pilot it. :2thumbs:

Spyderjuice
11-05-2009, 06:24 PM
My dealer says he will have one by the middle of November, but you can't ride it - only sit on it and look at it. :gaah:

Juice

Dwight
11-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Called my dealer yesterday, they have recieved notice that it has shipped but aren't sure when it will be here. I hope it's soon!

Dwight

docdoru
11-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Finally something to look at, sit on, and RIDE:2thumbs:

Non riding units...:(

manoman14
11-06-2009, 09:22 AM
I was told that I would be able to ride around their "loop" as many times as I needed to get my "fix".:D

manoman14
11-10-2009, 03:14 PM
I went to the dealer today and finally got my hands on the RT.Only drove it for about 10 miles, but I was really impressed. All that has been said by the RT testers has not been exagerated by them! Very comfortable seating position, well protected from wind buffeting, and an all around quality looking ride. Now I really can't wait!:2excited:

lawrenc454
11-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey Spydergirl -talked to Lodi Marine today and they thought they might have one by the weekend and Livermore has been expecting theirs in the next week or so. The guy at Hayward didn't seem to know when.:clap:

garganos
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Ours should be in next week. It was suppose to be in today but the trucking company never showed up so I expect it will be in Saturday or Monday. The ones that are shipping now are production RT-S models and will be in running condiition.

Roaddog2
11-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Let me ride it Let me Ride it call me when its in and will do the vent hose same time :thumbup:

Roaddog2
11-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Non riding units...:(:wrong:

KNIGHTRIDER
11-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Rode the demo for about 2 hours today. My previous ride was a GW 1800 Trike.
The audio system is almost a deal breaker. Over 40 mph, with a helmet on, it is useless. Need my xm radio, GPS and phone so I convinced my self to order a CB/Comm system to be put on when they uncrate.

I was impressed with the windshield. Lowered it in town and then out in the open, raised it. I'm 5'10" and the positions were just right for me.

Noticed some jitter in the mirrors but could tell it was a Sheriff's car coming up on me. (He just wanted to look).

Power didn't seem to be a problem but I ride single most of the time. It does want you to keep the RPM up. I went thru a school zone in 2nd gear and it kind of lugged. Down to 1st and added some R's and it smoothed out.

I was over steering a little, with the power steering but it got better in a few minutes.

All in all it was a good ride.

Lamonster
11-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Rode the demo for about 2 hours today. My previous ride was a GW 1800 Trike.
The audio system is almost a deal breaker. Over 40 mph, with a helmet on, it is useless. Need my xm radio, GPS and phone so I convinced my self to order a CB/Comm system to be put on when they uncrate.

You got to be kidding me. This is the best sound system I've ever heard at any speed. nojoke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI7HbZQalz4

sts
11-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Demo in and ready to ride!!! Took it last night and it is so much FUN!!!

tatt2r
11-14-2009, 02:30 PM
You got to be kidding me. This is the best sound system I've ever heard at any speed. nojoke
YouTube- Spyder RT Rolling down the road (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI7HbZQalz4)

yes i heard it when we rode down to see lamont sound system was great ....

retired1
11-14-2009, 02:50 PM
I just got back from a ride on my dealers RT-S. I only rode it 12miles today. Sound system, seat, cruise, air suspension all impressed me. The steering feel did not impress me, possibly because it seemed less responsive when compared to my:spyder2:. They told to come back next weeh and they would let me take it out for a couple hour ride. Hope the weather is still decent Monday, so I can take them up on their offer. I did notice that while sitting still, the handlebars did not want to move even with a fair amont of pressure put on them. All in all, I was very impressed with the RT-S. On the ride home I turned 9100 miles on my :spyder2:.

dltang
11-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Went up to Nord Ride this morning for a Demo Ride. We even met Scotty there who rode 2 hours just to check it out. Here are my impressions:

I had already seen the bike up close at Lamont's and heard the sound system and checked out the differences and nuances. Today, I had a chance to ride the RT. The only way I can describe these two spyders it like this, they are both spyders the way a Camaro and a Cadillac are both cars. They are just two different machines. They are for different needs and personalities. Kind of the same way some people like a cafe bike vs a cruiser vs a touring model. I loved the cruise control, I loved the sound system. The ride was very comfortable and it was smooth. The windshield had great protection but I had to either have it up and look out of it or put it down and it was right at eye level. I didn't like that too well. Also, it just didn't seem as much "fun" to ride. When I finished with my ride, I took the owners spyder out and Scotty got on the RT and I took him out. My fun factor was back. I feel like a junkie that just got a fix. So it conclusion, I would have to say the RT is a comfortable ride and would probably be great for the long haul. I really like the look and the feel. If I could afford to have one of each I would. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a touring type bike. But, and here is the big but, I can't afford to have one of each and for right now, I have to say, I prefer my current spyder. Maybe down the road, I will want the RT or some version of it. Maybe I just have my spyder modded out to my liking and that may have something to do with it. Overall, I give the RT a big thumbs up though. It appears to be everything the consumer asked for in a touring spyder. Those of you that have ordered them, I think you will love them.

Smylinacha
11-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Went up to Nord Ride this morning for a Demo Ride. We even met Scotty there who rode 2 hours just to check it out. Here are my impressions:

I had already seen the bike up close at Lamont's and heard the sound system and checked out the differences and nuances. Today, I had a chance to ride the RT. The only way I can describe these two spyders it like this, they are both spyders the way a Camaro and a Cadillac are both cars. They are just two different machines. They are for different needs and personalities. Kind of the same way some people like a cafe bike vs a cruiser vs a touring model. I loved the cruise control, I loved the sound system. The ride was very comfortable and it was smooth. The windshield had great protection but I had to either have it up and look out of it or put it down and it was right at eye level. I didn't like that too well. Also, it just didn't seem as much "fun" to ride. When I finished with my ride, I took the owners spyder out and Scotty got on the RT and I took him out. My fun factor was back. I feel like a junkie that just got a fix. So it conclusion, I would have to say the RT is a comfortable ride and would probably be great for the long haul. I really like the look and the feel. If I could afford to have one of each I would. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a touring type bike. But, and here is the big but, I can't afford to have one of each and for right now, I have to say, I prefer my current spyder. Maybe down the road, I will want the RT or some version of it. Maybe I just have my spyder modded out to my liking and that may have something to do with it. Overall, I give the RT a big thumbs up though. It appears to be everything the consumer asked for in a touring spyder. Those of you that have ordered them, I think you will love them.

Thanks for the review! I would want one too for the tunes and all the gadgetry but I'm afraid it would be too big for me. When I sat on it I felt tiny on it. Maybe someday they'll make one liked ours but w/ a fairing that holds tunes and a back trunk. The sound system was really nice on it - it blasted! I also like my CHAD - Did that windshield tilt back and forth too or just up and down?

ataDude
11-14-2009, 03:22 PM
...When I sat on it I felt tiny on it...

You ARE tiny, aren't you? :D

dltang
11-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the review! I would want one too for the tunes and all the gadgetry but I'm afraid it would be too big for me. When I sat on it I felt tiny on it. Maybe someday they'll make one liked ours but w/ a fairing that holds tunes and a back trunk. The sound system was really nice on it - it blasted! I also like my CHAD - Did that windshield tilt back and forth too or just up and down?

Kim,
The windshield only went up and down, no tilt. I really did like the gadgetry too, like the cruise control and the heated grips and being able to pop the trunk while the spyder is running. I would like to be able to plug my iphone in somewhere on the dash vs. the rear trunk too. Maybe when my warranty runs out in 3 more years, they will have a hybrid of types that will give me the best of both worlds.

bjt
11-14-2009, 03:36 PM
You ARE tiny, aren't you? :D

She is... nojoke :D :D

JP58
11-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Just got back from a demo ride on RTS. All an all a very nice ride. Very smooth. Love the radio and handled very good. I think the V-twin engine i will have to get used to. I have a parallel twin now in my burgman 650. It runs at a lower rpm then the spider does at any speed with less vibes. Ran it at 5000 rpm with some vibe but is normal for a v-twin. It sure loves to rev. Lamont does the vibes smooth out after you get some miles on it. My volusia 800 did after a couple thousand miles. But the rt is very well built and is a blast to ride. Will probably buy one. Can't make up my mind rather to get the auto or manual. Drove the manual RTS and an auto RS. Thats all they had with an auto. You can sure shift the auto fast as you want to. It also downshifts buy itself if you dont do it or forget to.