PDA

View Full Version : How do I access fault codes ????

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-17-2023, 06:44 PM
I have a 14 RT with SE trans., and Sunday during a ride I got an Orange screen with the message " LIMP MODE " ( and it happened twice )..... however the Spyder didn't go into Limp Mode ???? .... I was 45 miles from home so I continued riding. I then noticed the engine icon flashing and over the Trip counter box it was also flashing Orange ..... I checked the instruments ... Oil good, Temp normal, I stopped and it idled normal .... I continued towards Home .... I even passed a few vehicles with no problems ..... I didn't stop & shut off the motor until I was in my garage .... After Idling for 1 minute I did an oil level check and it was normal .... I took the Key out for 10 seconds then Re-started the engine, it started normally and Idled fine .... I shut it off , waited a few minuets, and re-started it. .... during the re-starts NONE of the Codes appeared. For some unknown reason I got a few rear trunk OPEN warnings - however it wasn't OPEN .... All this is very strange. ... I couldn't check for what codes were active, so if someone could ...post How you do it .... I would appreciate ...PS I did try ( until my eyes hurt ) to find out using the " search box" but wasn't successful ...... Thanks ...Mike :thumbup:

bigbadbrucie
04-17-2023, 07:01 PM
Mike, I can’t help you with retrieving codes, but Ialso have the sister to your bike, Nd last year had the same situationwith the orange screen, and also had the screen orange on the odometer. Bike ran just fine, and once home I shut it off. Restarted. nd the screen was normal. Have not had it happen since. Gremlins?

Ex-Rocket
04-17-2023, 07:25 PM
I think you hold down the mode and set buttons on the left handlebar controls and while holding those 2 buttons down push in on the cancel turn signal button.. I think also once you turn the engine off whatever code there was will be stored but not showed on your display.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-17-2023, 07:35 PM
I think you hold down the mode and set buttons on the left handlebar controls and while holding those 2 buttons down push in on the cancel turn signal button.. I think also once you turn the engine off whatever code there was will be stored but not showed on your display.

Yes, I knew the codes would dis-appear after I shut the bike off, I didn't have a choice at the time; but the NEXT time I'll snag them while they are on .... thanks .... Mike :thumbup:

Flamewinger
04-18-2023, 01:12 AM

PaladinLV
04-18-2023, 01:27 AM
Not saying the same caused yours, but have seen this happen with three different Spyders in our group on different days, times, rides.
In each case it followed a fuel stop and in each case the cap was not secured correctly.

AJ