PDA

View Full Version : Putting feelers out regarding possible bike run

Amanda B
11-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I have a friend who has for many years provided free counseling to children and their families (Brandon's House is the name of the free counseling center), they focus primarily on teenagers. Basically, they never give a bill to anyone that receives services there and get all their fundings from fund raisers and donations. Since it is a counseling center she has avoided bike runs because she fears stops at biker bars would occur and that isn't the best example for children; however, since I have a Spyder and some of my friends now have bikes she has been toying with the idea. Would anyone be interested? I realize some of you probably live far away, but it is for a good cause. It probalby wouldn't be until next spring or so, but I don't know at this point. Several of us are putting feelers out regarding the bike run to see if there would be an interest.

retread
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Keep us posted, Amanda, with enough lead time we could get a crowd.
The Sheriff's Charity Run in Johnson County stops at bike dealers and restaurants, and had almost half a mile of bikes, including some Spyders.

john

Trickie Dick
11-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm sure we can put the word out among the spyder ryders and have good attendance. I'm not old enough for bars myself so I would just have to wait outside.
See you next spring.
Dick

NewRider
11-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm sure Kathy and I would be interested. I have a yellow Spyder; Kathy rides a new Suzuki CT50 Boulevard...light blue and white retro color. We both strongly dislike biker bars, or associated "black leather" doings.:f_spider: