PDA

View Full Version : thoughts, Apache tracks on the front of a spyder?

quantumleap39
11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Im hacking around the idea of putting some Apache tracks on the front of the spyder and a studded tire on the back for snow use. any thoughts?? Snow is coming here in New England. Maybe ski's

QuadManiac
11-04-2009, 02:37 PM
LOL, I've had several question my Spyder as just being a snowmobile with wheels... now you want to go backwards?

Will tracks add any advantage on the front if they are not driven? I'd think skis would do the job - but the nanny is going to get upset with no sensor signals from the front. At least tracks would keep the nanny at bay; or remove and tie up the rear sensors too...

SpyderRider2492
11-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Im hacking around the idea of putting some Apache tracks on the front of the spyder and a studded tire on the back for snow use. any thoughts?? Snow is coming here in New England. Maybe ski's

I think that the Nanny will be a real difficult to defeat in this instance and may cause you more trouble than you are expecting, I admire folks that try mods however I think in this case it may work out in the long run better to buy a used snowmobile and not mess up your warrenty and :spyder:

If ya go ahead and do it please be sure to keep us informed of the progress and post the pics, good luck to you whatever you decide.

j45p3r
11-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I've had two different people tell me that they've seen a snowmobile conversion for the Spyder in a magazine. I think they're full of carp, but it was strange that two different people said they actually saw it themselves.

VIspyderman
11-06-2009, 02:17 PM
I've had two different people tell me that they've seen a snowmobile conversion for the Spyder in a magazine. I think they're full of carp, but it was strange that two different people said they actually saw it themselves.
Not quite what you saw... but... http://www.streetlegalsleds.com

j45p3r
11-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Not quite what you saw... but... http://www.streetlegalsleds.com
I actually think this is what they saw and somehow confused them with Spyders.