PDA

View Full Version : Another tire pressure thread - why didn't BRP include TPMS?

gkamer
04-08-2023, 09:24 AM
I was wondering why BRP didn't include a TPMS into the Can Am Spyder/F3 tires in the first place. It seem to be that it would have been an easy enough thing to add. My truck is a 2008 and it has that. Would it have raised the sale price too high or just too technical to incorporate.....

Navydad
04-08-2023, 09:59 AM
Price. Everything on this or any other vehicle comes down to price and what folks are willing to pay for. Apparently the bean counters decided that item could be done without. I had a factory TPMS on my Triumph Trophy so I agree with you that it would be a nice feature.

EdMat
04-08-2023, 10:40 AM
They couldn't figure out how to make it show up on the dash. roflmao

Woodenfish
04-08-2023, 10:46 AM
The tire pressure monitoring systems is a mandate that was set by the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) and motorcycles don’t apply to that regulation. I believe the reason it is not available is that the instrument cluster has no method of supplying that information. The TPMS sensors are transmitting data and there is no ability to install a receiver to interpret it on this cluster. The cluster would need a redesign that would allow for the fitment and the retooling costs might be too high for such a low production item.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.138

vito1943
04-09-2023, 09:25 AM
My guess is that if Can Am added a TPMS system it would add more in price than it costs to just buy the FOBO2 system which works so nicely. The only real hassle of the FOBO2 is the need to change the batteries periodically.

Isopedella
04-10-2023, 12:42 AM
The F3 is the sports version.

Everything that weighs anything at all is looked at and removed if possible to reduce weight to give it more oommmppphhh. ;)

Example, no trunk strut on the Ltd trunk lid,its a plastic catch.

The list goes on.

Valkrocket
04-10-2023, 04:07 AM
I agree. It definitely should have been added to the RTL. After all........it is the Cadilac of Can-Am vehicles. :dontknow: