PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here throw any light on Elks membership?

Brentc
04-04-2023, 05:02 PM
I’ve heard that the Elks have camping facilities at various locations throughout the US that members are allowed to utilize as overnights. My reading up on the topic seems to show that you have to be nominated by a current elks member to be considered for membership. Are there any elks members in this group? If so can you shed any light on whether camping is an option and how one would go about looking to become a member? My wife and I are planning to do lots of cross country traveling in a year or two when I retire and we are making plans now.
Any information appreciated :D

IGETAROUND
04-04-2023, 05:55 PM
Are you a vet? Michigan American Legion has a nice facility around mid state that can be used by any legion member( not certain of this is restricted to Michigan legion members only or just legion member in general.)

Al in Kazoo

Brentc
04-04-2023, 06:30 PM
Was a member of the Sons of the American Legion, but have not renewed membership in a few years.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-04-2023, 07:10 PM
Do a Google search for camping organizations. There are quite a few around the country. Check this site: https://www.recreation.gov/. There are a lot of campgrounds on Federal lands with some well developed ones being pretty d*** cheap. Senior citizens organizations have some. There's one near my home town in Idaho called SISCRA, Southern Idaho Senior Citizens Recreation Assoc.

safecracker
04-05-2023, 12:35 PM
My Family uses Elks Land to camp in Rockland Maine. Bruce

pegasus1300
04-06-2023, 12:34 AM
You can do a google search for Elks Club membership requirements and benefits as well. Apparently nobody here belongs is willing to admit it.

Brentc
04-06-2023, 04:52 AM
It appears you have to be invited to join by current elks member.

You can do a google search for Elks Club membership requirements and benefits as well. Apparently nobody here belongs is willing to admit it.