PDA

View Full Version : Weird Codes C1290, B2A239-231-249-241 2022 RT Ltd

wes0228s
04-03-2023, 01:26 AM
Since NEW, I have a weird thing happening. I get a VSS fault C1290 only after restarting warm, like after fill-ups.
Dealer is waiting for BRP to reply after 2 months I also have faults B2A230, 231, 240, and 241. Dealer has never seen these posted and again BRP has no reply. All the faults including VSS are voltage related.

Recently my odometer total mileage is going backwards. I should have roughly 1600 miles, but at 1000 miles the total miles started going backwards. Now I have 571 miles...lol

I just replaced the battery after 3 months of ownership with an AGM 340 CCA today, and the starter cranks faster and smoother.

Maybe everything will self correct.

Any thoughts? The dealer has never seen this before. BRP has been useless.
Thank you in advance!!
Wes

Valkrocket
04-03-2023, 05:17 AM
:yikes: That's sounds like a major computer glitch.

Saluda
04-03-2023, 05:20 AM
Hope you find the fix.

arkyleo
04-03-2023, 06:19 AM
Since NEW, I have a weird thing happening. I get a VSS fault C1290 only after restarting warm, like after fill-ups.
Dealer is waiting for BRP to reply after 2 months I also have faults B2A230, 231, 240, and 241. Dealer has never seen these posted and again BRP has no reply. All the faults including VSS are voltage related.

Recently my odometer total mileage is going backwards. I should have roughly 1600 miles, but at 1000 miles the total miles started going backwards. Now I have 571 miles...lol

I just replaced the battery after 3 months of ownership with an AGM 340 CCA today, and the starter cranks faster and smoother.

Maybe everything will self correct.

Any thoughts? The dealer has never seen this before. BRP has been useless.
Thank you in advance!!
WesSounds like the flux capacitor has malfunctioned. Did you happen to do 88mph in a thunderstorm? ;)

Mikey
04-03-2023, 06:41 AM
You'll get a new bike shortly, get out and ride!!!:2thumbs: That is the strangest think I have ever heard.

FrogmanDave
04-04-2023, 04:01 PM
You are definitely the first person I have heard of who will have negative mileage on a vehicle ;)

ARtraveler
04-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Interesting. :bowdown:

wes0228s
07-25-2023, 07:07 PM
The battery corrected the c1290 code for erratic voltage readings and the B codes were corrected after a loose connection at the back of the cluster assembly was located.
The dealer had a case going since this post and it took me writing to BRP on their website to finally get resolution to the Headlamp Codes... My Dealer is awesome. Moto United in LaHabra, CA.
Doug and Brian are great support. BRP is slow to react and their tech support is a disgrace. I had to let them know what I found on a similar Sea Doo complaint and that is what actually fixed the problem.
Their workshop manuals have errors and don't include any diagnostic codes, other than emissions related ones.

Has anyone had a complaint of yellowish LED low beam spectrum. LEDs should be white and at 6500K. All of the additional running light from the factory are white and the sales brochures state that all lighting is LED.
When I compare mine to others on the showroom, they are definitely, yellowish in appearance.. I even ran into someone at a gas station and theirs was white LED cast.