PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a new camera today

Lamonster
11-02-2009, 09:50 AM
It's funny how one thing leads to another. :D

When the Spyder RT team set us up they gave us a HD video camera to document our adventures. It's a cool little camera and it takes great pictures but it doesn't have image stabilization built in. All my other cameras have had that and I didn't realize how important that was till I started taking videos with this camera. They are pretty shaky.

So then I start playing with imovie on my Mac and when I was looking up how to do something I ran into a video that showed the new 09 ilife has a lot of cool features for the imove that mine doesn't have. One of them was a feature that can fix my shaky videos with software. It had few other cool things too so I ordered it.

Got ilife installed and and started playing with the iphoto part of the package and it has built in geo-tagging. It went through all my photos and tagged them and put them on a map where I took the photos. That was cool but it only worked with the photos I took with my iphone because my other cameras didn't have a gps chip in them to tag the photos. Bummer.

So now I'm thinking I really like seeing where I took my photos and I wanted a camera besides my iphone that could do that. I do have a stand alone thing that will match my pictures to a gps chip but it's a real hassle to be honest and I don't have time to jump through all the hoops it takes to make it work.

So I google cameras that have a gps built in and I found one I really like.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2009/08/cl65_samsung_small.jpg (http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/13/samsung-crams-wifi-gps-and-bluetooth-2-0-into-well-specced-cl65/)

This has a lot of cool features and the price wasn't too bad for what you're getting.

It has a gps chip in it and will tag all your photos and videos but it will do much more than that too.

It has wifi and bluetooth built right into the camera. What that will let you do is upload the photos or videos right to your computer or the web if you have wifi or bluetooth. That's a pretty cool feature.

It will also let you send a picture or video to a friends phone if they have bluetooth. I could see that being pretty handy too. I'm pretty sure I could take a picture with this camera and even if I don't have a wifi connection I could send it to my phone and then email or upload it from there.

Now I know you're thinking why do that if your phone already takes pictures and videos? Well the video on the iphone is great and the pics are not bad either but this will give me better pics for sure and that's what I would use it for mostly.

Anyway I know there are a few gadgit geeks on this board so I just thought i would share this with you. :doorag:

Smylinacha
11-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Nice! Can you get it to stick to your helmet so we can watch Lamonster helmetcam movies?:2thumbs::2thumbs: I can't believe how so much technology can fit into something so tiny!

RoadHammer
11-02-2009, 10:17 AM
The wifi part is a cool feature.

musicarcade
11-02-2009, 11:35 AM
So where did you order it from?

Lamonster
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
So where did you order it from?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170399621394

SpyderWolf
11-02-2009, 09:11 PM
That is a very cool gadget indeed. :congrats:

BeRight
11-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!:2thumbs:

Samsung has several nice camera's. Like the one with LCD screen on front, as well as back.

burg650
11-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Lamont I was just going to post a message asking what is a good point/shoot digital camera to buy and here you go with recommendation even before I ask, you must have esp LOL.

Lamonster
11-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Lamont I was just going to post a message asking what is a good point/shoot digital camera to buy and here you go with recommendation even before I ask, you must have esp LOL.

I'm not sure if it's good or not but it sounds good. :D

burg650
11-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Did you get the new camera yet?

BeRight
11-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Did you get the new camera yet?Yes he has already made a video post with it - looks great

Lamonster
11-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Did you get the new camera yet?

So far I'm not sure if I like it or not. I can't get the Bluetooth to pair with anything. It should pair with my phone so I could sent pics to my iphone and upload them if I like.

I can use the wifi that works okay but I can't transfer my photos with wifi to my computer.

It seems to take great pictures but so far I've been using the low res side of the camera. It will geotag but it takes a little time for the gps to lock in.

I just need to play with a little more than I have I guess.