PDA

View Full Version : First ride of the season

vito1943
03-01-2023, 06:10 PM
March 1st, 50 degrees and no rain. Went out for the first ride since late November. It felt really good to get the RT on the road again. I only went for a short ride of about 25 miles, a bit over half an hour. Riding season for me has now officially begun!

ARtraveler
03-01-2023, 07:19 PM
:congrats: And here is to many more. :coffee:

Deanna777
03-01-2023, 08:10 PM
It will be awhile before I get my first ride of the motorcycle season here in Vermont.My spyder is still in hibernation( off topic: I am taking rides on my sled).

Deanna

al0vely
03-01-2023, 09:33 PM
It was 72 here in central Indiana and I couldn’t get freed up to ride.

Little Blue
03-02-2023, 03:56 AM
:coffee:...Yes, 'Good ole wind therapy is the best'. I hope you had a great time. Be Safe and Enjoy your Day.

Stay Healthy. ....:thumbup:

blacklightning
03-02-2023, 08:59 AM
Glad you were able to get out. Not sure what I would do if I lived in a climate where I had to let my bikes sit more than 4-5 weeks, let alone 4- 5 months. I have a tender, but never use it, as I try to ride at least every 2 weeks.

oldguyinTX
03-02-2023, 01:23 PM
Glad you got out! We are looking forward to our first ride in awhile. Haven't gotten out since November, as I had foot and eye surgery in mid December. Today is the first day that I have been able to wear a real shoe instead of an orthopedic one. Progress! Seems as though the eyes are almost healed up as well. Wind therapy cures all.

Jesster72
03-08-2023, 11:39 AM
Been out for a rip once already when it was 55 or so. So good to be back on the road. Two recent days riding to work were cool, 35-ish in the morning and 45-ish on the way home. They are forecasting rain and snow for the weekend again, so back in the corner it goes for a bit.........

I'm ready for warmer weather for sure!

vito1943
03-08-2023, 12:00 PM
That first ride on March 1st is the only ride I have been able to have. The weather has turned colder again, with a sizable snow storm expected tomorrow. When I was younger I would go for a ride as long as the roads were clear and the temps above 32. As I got older that temperature minimum moved up to 40, and now it really is 50. It might be awhile before I see a nice dry day with 50+ temperature again.

RykerRider1959
03-09-2023, 10:38 AM
Been out for a rip once already when it was 55 or so. So good to be back on the road. Two recent days riding to work were cool, 35-ish in the morning and 45-ish on the way home. They are forecasting rain and snow for the weekend again, so back in the corner it goes for a bit.........

I'm ready for warmer weather for sure!

Curious as to how you would rate your purchase experience at Loves Park Motorsports....BTW...My Ryker is still in storage...2 more sled trips planned this month up north...

vito1943
03-09-2023, 12:12 PM
I was very pleased with Loves Park Motorsports. Very straightforward and helpful. They gave me the trade in value that I asked for on my 2016 Goldwing (I asked for Blue Book value), and were very thorough on orienting me to this new vehicle. I have been in twice to the service department, once for the initial oil change and once to install some accessories that i bought online, and I was very pleased with their service.