PDA

View Full Version : We get great customer service from the vendors here; dealers, not so much!

Longtimer
03-01-2023, 11:26 AM
I ordered a back rest from UTOPIA on Monday around 3:00 pm & it arrived at my house at 10:15 AM Wednesday - that's good service! I think we are very lucky on most parts because the vendors we have here give good service. I have ordered from Baja Ron, Lamonster Garage, Value, and a few others, & have always got great service and questions answered. With the dealers, well, we'll just not go there!

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-01-2023, 10:16 PM
I ordered a back rest from UTOPIA on Monday around 3:00 pm & it arrived at my house at 10:15 AM Wednesday - that's good service! I think we are very lucky on most parts because the vendors we have here give good service. I have ordered from Baja Ron, Lamonster Garage, Value, and a few others, & have always got great service and questions answered. With the dealers, well, we'll just not go there!

:agree: .... I have using Utopia backrests for decades ...... Maybe you have already figured out how to improve the angle - to get better Lumbar support if not PM me ..... Mike :thumbup:

Little Blue
03-01-2023, 10:47 PM
:chat:....I agree with you on that one. This Forum definitely has some of the best Vendors in the USA.
So check them out when you need something for your Spyder.

Stay Healthy. ....:thumbup:

Tourer
03-02-2023, 11:20 AM
Definitely agree with you that the venders here are informative and truely want to satisfy their customers.

But let’s not forget the members here. I am an administrator on a couple of forums and a member of quite a few.

This forum has members who are willing to share their experience, expertise, and opinions. There also is no criticism of any member who is new to the Spyders or not mechanically.

Overall an excellent group. :clap::clap:

Tango
03-02-2023, 11:49 AM
I have dealt with all the ones you have mentioned. And yes, they get it! Customer service is tops at them all. It's what keeps us coming back to them when we need something. If you haven't dealt with "Spyderpops" yet, he's another one that is tops in my book. What's more these vendors also ride Spyders. They know first hand what we are experiencing. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

bigbadbrucie
03-02-2023, 12:38 PM
Title says “Dealers Not So Much”. I have to disagree to this statement, at least to my Dealer. GVPS here in Chilliwack. Excellent dealer, excellent service, very knowledgeable and WILLING TO LISTEN to what you tell them. My experience at least. Thank you GVPS!

EdMat
03-02-2023, 01:07 PM
Title says “Dealers Not So Much”. I have to disagree to this statement, at least to my Dealer. GVPS here in Chilliwack. Excellent dealer, excellent service, very knowledgeable and WILLING TO LISTEN to what you tell them. My experience at least. Thank you GVPS!

Count yourself as blessed.

Longtimer
03-02-2023, 10:09 PM
Yes I have dealed with spyderpops and the service was great and and they answered some questions and motorcycle Dave had him on the phone for a long time one day answering question again thanks to all of them

Woodenfish
03-05-2023, 12:33 PM
Automotive dealers use a Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) to monitor the interactions between staff and customer at service interactions. All of those surveys they call on you or send a mailer request for your feedback are important to the operations of the dealership and all of the employees know that. These surveys are compiled by the manufacturer and the dealership is issued a monthly report. These reports are used to give the dealer holdback money from selling a new vehicle. This is a huge concern to owner and management and the information is provided to all employees as for continual improvement based on feedback.

Running a company with many different facets of operations is a complicated process to achieve without good feedback from your customers on a regular basis. Maybe one day manufacturers of other high cost, high service demand vehicles like power sports and motorcycle dealers will come to a realization and initiate a similar process to benefit them with customer loyalty and better relationships with their customers.

Bangorbob
03-06-2023, 09:44 AM
:agree: .... I have using Utopia backrests for decades ...... Maybe you have already figured out how to improve the angle - to get better Lumbar support if not PM me ..... Mike :thumbup:

Is there any reason you can't post here so anyone can read and be educated. I have a utopia and would like to know.

Peter Aawen
03-06-2023, 02:09 PM
Is there any reason you can't post here so anyone can read and be educated. I have a utopia and would like to know.

Well, the thread topic really is 'great customer service from the vendors here; dealers, not so much!' and not 'how to improve the angle on your Utopia backrest for increased lumbar support', and we all know that we aren't meant to drag threads too far off topic, so there's that.... :rolleyes:

But thinking about it a little further, why put it all back on Mike?? Why wouldn't you be a little more proactive & instead of asking an arguably off-topic question & dragging the whole thread off topic, then waiting until Mike reads your post in a thread he's probably not subscribed to, and then waiting some more as he decides if he's going to go out of his way to re-type something that he's probably already put up at least one other time already, you could simply just type 'Lumbar Support' into the Search field up in the top right corner of the page, tick the 'Search Titles Only' box in the drop down list (but only if you want to thin the results down from the 8 or so pages you're likely to get back to maybe 5 or 6 dedicated threads ;) ) and then taking just a minute or so to have a look at & read whatever results that search produces??:dontknow:

I reckon doing the search yourself would likely be a whole lot quicker than typing in the question & then hanging around waiting for Mike to respond; and instead of getting just one person's idea on how to get more lumbar support from a Utopia Backrest, you'll likely find a wider range of opinions on how to achieve that aim; and you've still got the option of sending that PM Mike asked for if you wanted more info - all without needing to wait for anyone else or dragging this thread off topic! :ohyea:

Just Sayin' :cheers:

old Timer
03-06-2023, 07:27 PM
Automotive dealers use a Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) to monitor the interactions between staff and customer at service interactions. All of those surveys they call on you or send a mailer request for your feedback are important to the operations of the dealership and all of the employees know that. These surveys are compiled by the manufacturer and the dealership is issued a monthly report. These reports are used to give the dealer holdback money from selling a new vehicle. This is a huge concern to owner and management and the information is provided to all employees as for continual improvement based on feedback.

Running a company with many different facets of operations is a complicated process to achieve without good feedback from your customers on a regular basis. Maybe one day manufacturers of other high cost, high service demand vehicles like power sports and motorcycle dealers will come to a realization and initiate a similar process to benefit them with customer loyalty and better relationships with their customers.

BMW sure as heck does for both the Auto and Motorcycle divisions ..... very strictly.