PDA

View Full Version : First of 2 Shoulder Replacements Done!

rjinaz86323
02-25-2023, 07:35 PM
Well got the first of 2 done. I have arthritis in both shoulders. They replaced the left one yesterday (full replacement). Will do the right one later this year. Hope to get a little riding mid-summer.

Mikey
02-25-2023, 08:02 PM
Good Luck my friend, keep your chin up, and push hard and do what your pt person tell you and you just may get some miles in!!!:cheers:

sledge
02-25-2023, 08:18 PM
Well got the first of 2 done. I have arthritis in both shoulders. They replaced the left one yesterday (full replacement). Will do the right one later this year. Hope to get a little riding mid-summer.

I sure understand , I am eat up with Osteoarthritis , I hope everything goes well . good luck .

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-25-2023, 09:23 PM
Good Luck my friend, keep your chin up, and push hard and do what your pt person tell you and you just may get some miles in!!!:cheers:

:thumbup: ..... sending :pray: for a speedy recovery ..... Mike :thumbup:

Eviltwin
02-26-2023, 07:13 AM
Good luck. I had my right done about 3 years ago. Surprise to me it turned out to be a reverse. Not a fun recovery especially if you are a side sleeper.

Saluda
02-26-2023, 11:20 AM
Heal quick !

wyliec
02-26-2023, 11:21 AM

Speedy recovery to you.

wyliec
02-26-2023, 11:23 AM
Good luck. I had my right done about 3 years ago. Surprise to me it turned out to be a reverse. Not a fun recovery especially if you are a side sleeper.

Thanks. I had a brain freeze, and had to think about this for a minute.:thumbup:

Eviltwin
02-26-2023, 02:00 PM
Thanks. I had a brain freeze, and had to think about this for a minute.:thumbup:

For those that don't know, a reverse is when they put the ball on the body side rather than the arm side where it normally sits. It's usually done when there is too much damage to the rotator cuff and you would then run the risk of dislocating the shoulder too easily. The downside is that you lose range of motion compared to a standard or non replaced (OEM) shoulder.

I would be a candidate for getting the other one done, but unless it gets super bad I will probably live with what I've got. For the OP, you have my best wishes, it's not an easy surgery to recover from. And I am blessed with having a wifey that has been a PT for over 30 years, so she hastened my recovery for sure.

ARtraveler
02-26-2023, 05:37 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go with you for quick healing. :bowdown:

Little Blue
02-27-2023, 06:44 AM
:coffee:...:pray:...:pray:...For A Very Quick Recovery Time.
........Please Keep Us Forum Members in Loop.

rjinaz86323
04-20-2023, 06:37 PM
Well I did my 8 week check up with the Ortho Doc. He was very pleased with my progress. He gave me some great news also. So we rushed home and jumped on the Spyder and took a ride (a short one, but a ride all the same).

Here is my new shoulder

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-20-2023, 08:17 PM
Well I did my 8 week check up with the Ortho Doc. He was very pleased with my progress. He gave me some great news also. So we rushed home and jumped on the Spyder and took a ride (a short one, but a ride all the same).

Here is my new shoulder

:clap::clap::clap: .....Glad to hear this .... thanks for letting us know :thumbup:..... Mike :2excited:

Bangorbob
04-20-2023, 08:28 PM

Here is my new shoulder

Something to remember IF you fly. Make sure you tell security you have had this done. They will screen you differently. I forgot to tell them about me knee. You talk about bells and whistles going off. Glad you are doing well and can start riding.