PDA

View Full Version : RT-S and RC A&C

Jester
10-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Has anyone figured out the difference between an RT-S fully loaded and an RT A&C fully loaded. They appear same and the A&C is somewhat less expensive. What color is the lighter color. Can't tell on the monitor if it is white or silver. Also is the Premier Edition limited to Black?
Cappy:joke:
Spyder Ryder Wannabe

NancysToy
10-31-2009, 03:14 PM
In addition to the features of the RT A&C, the RT-S has fog & LED accent lights, electronically adjustable rear suspension, rear audio speakers and rear command center, and upgraded the RT-S (chrome)trim package. It comes in Timeless Black and Orbital Blue. The RT A&C comes in Orbital Blue and Full Moon Silver. And yes, the PE is available only in black.

You can add the foglights, accent lighting, trim, and rear speakers to the RT A&C, but the cost ends up about the same as the RT-S...without the adjustable suspension, which is not an option.

Jester
10-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks Scotty,
I knew there had to be something I was overlooking. I had not read about the adjustable rear suspension. I am still negotiating with my reasonably near local dealer. Wish I had a white or purple color option. Given the choices, I will opt for blue. As soon as it will be delivered, other choices will no doubt be available. What color are you going for?

NancysToy
10-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks Scotty,
I knew there had to be something I was overlooking. I had not read about the adjustable rear suspension. I am still negotiating with my reasonably near local dealer. Wish I had a white or purple color option. Given the choices, I will opt for blue. As soon as it will be delivered, other choices will no doubt be available. What color are you going for?
I ordered a PE, so it's Timeless Black. Air shock rear suspension is adjustable on the other models, too, but it is done manually with an air valve. RT-S has an onboard compressor, and adjusts via a switch, plus it adjusts ride height automatically as the load changes.

BillGargan
10-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks Scotty,
If you don't like the color options -- then simply go with your best deal on the model and options you want, then get your personal paint job done.

Questions
11-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Has anyone figured out the difference between an RT-S fully loaded and an RT A&C fully loaded. They appear same and the A&C is somewhat less expensive. What color is the lighter color. Can't tell on the monitor if it is white or silver. Also is the Premier Edition limited to Black?
Spyder Ryder Wannabe

I found a great video on You Tube that highlights all the differences between the models. I am not sure if this is a factory video, but it is great quality and very informative. It was the video that made me drop some money at my dealer for a new RT-S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYY5vIvOnGg

NancysToy
11-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Good video, the best I've seen. I forgot about the trunk liner, cargo light, and travel cover on the RT-S, too. Even more for your money if you add up the costs.

8 Legged Freak
11-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Good video, the best I've seen. I forgot about the trunk liner, cargo light, and travel cover on the RT-S, too. Even more for your money if you add up the costs.

I like any video that supports my buying decisions. LOL!
I have been lurking on this site for quite a while and I remember reading about all the agnst that was experienced by the wait for the first Spyder buyers from when they put down money and delivery. I am now feeling the same agnst/excitement waitng for my RT-S. How did you handle it? I feel the need to go steal the demo from my dealer when it comes in.:helpsmilie:

To any law enforcement out there, just kidding about the stealing thing, I only intend to borrow theirs for an extended demo ride.

Scott from metro Portland OR

NancysToy
11-01-2009, 06:19 PM
I like any video that supports my buying decisions. LOL!
I have been lurking on this site for quite a while and I remember reading about all the agnst that was experienced by the wait for the first Spyder buyers from when they put down money and delivery. I am now feeling the same agnst/excitement waitng for my RT-S. How did you handle it? I feel the need to go steal the demo from my dealer when it comes in.:helpsmilie:

To any law enforcement out there, just kidding about the stealing thing, I only intend to borrow theirs for an extended demo ride.

Scott from metro Portland OR
We pretty much tried to just ignore it before, and I am doing that again. Winter in Michigan helps.

8 Legged Freak
11-01-2009, 06:35 PM
We pretty much tried to just ignore it before, and I am doing that again. Winter in Michigan helps.

I understand the winter part, in Portland it has started the rainy season, soon to be cold and some snow. We have a saying here, Portland the city where you wake up in the morning, open the curtains and the room gets darker! I guess having the RT-S arrive more towards the end of the first quarter next year helps, knowing that even if I had it I probably couldn't ride it in the weather.

But still :2excited:.