PDA

View Full Version : riding in the snow

SethO
10-30-2009, 10:30 PM
The ride to work tonight was epic, glad I had my rain gloves on, the thumb wipers are a absolute must, the snow made it so I could not see after 30 seconds of riding, plus after a few minutes the snow was stuck on the wipers on the gloves so you have to wipe them off on your pants.

SpyderRider2492
10-30-2009, 11:21 PM
What a great picture, one good reason for not haing a windshield that you look through instead of over, A big thumbs up to ya.:thumbup:

SethO
10-31-2009, 12:39 AM
What a great picture, one good reason for not haing a windshield that you look through instead of over, A big thumbs up to ya.:thumbup:

I don't know how bad it would be with a big shield but on the tar it does well in the slush. I am driving home at 5am from work will tell how it does on half and half ice, going to try to drive thru december.

dave01
10-31-2009, 03:49 AM
Now thats the sign of a true Spyderlover. I'm freezing just looking at those pictures:roflblack::roflblack:

fastfraser
10-31-2009, 04:58 AM
Man what a animal.:2thumbs:

NancysToy
10-31-2009, 07:25 AM
:thumbup:

BumbleBee
10-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Now that's true LOVE, :thumbup:

docdoru
10-31-2009, 07:38 AM
:shocked::yikes::2thumbs:

JimAlpha
10-31-2009, 08:02 AM
:popcorn: I am impressed with your going thru the snow and cold weather. Ride safe though.

the nicko
10-31-2009, 08:37 AM
:2thumbs: SNOW SPYDER:clap:

RoadHammer
10-31-2009, 10:15 AM
LMAO Setho. Ride on bud.:ohyea:

burg650
10-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Brave soul.

CaptRalph
10-31-2009, 11:30 AM
I certainly don't miss that white stuff. :yikes:

Ride safe!!!:2thumbs:

Cliff-Co.
10-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Happy Halloween, Spyder//Riders :joke:

effgjamis
10-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Snow ???? heck that is only hard liquid sunshine..

Keep the faith and ride..

ArmyJoe
10-31-2009, 12:53 PM
"It looks like a snowmobile with wheels" :roflblack:

SethO
10-31-2009, 02:08 PM
"It looks like a snowmobile with wheels" :roflblack:

I have been told that soo many times, but this night and morning at 5am when I came home I thought someone was going to call that in, I'm a 911 dispatcher so I have to listen to crazy idiot know it all's in between real calls.

the ride home was kinda crazy where the snow had blown across the traction control when nuts, but I suppose it was ice at 5am,

got to do something can't sit around and collect unemployment.If there no risk theres no fun.

the isci handbrake works as good in this weather as it does in normal conditions, I know I was shying away from their stuff because of the price but now that I have it I can see why they cost a little more. I am trying to hit 20k for miles this year so I have to ride everyday, handicrapp life and work keep getting in the way.

rmcaskey
10-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Even in the Great White North, you gotta be one of the toughest SOB's around. I going to save these pictures and send them to the next person that starts complaining about how tough they have things.

:firstplace:

SpyderWolf
10-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Good pictures. Glad to hear you are able to ride it safely in the snow. Hopefully it will remain that way for you.

nickcaro
10-31-2009, 09:59 PM
I going to save these pictures and send them to the next person that starts complaining about how tough they have things.

:firstplace:

+1

Those are beautiful images and would love to see them a little bigger.
It's amazing to see the conditions this vehicle can handle and its awesome owners.

SethO
10-31-2009, 10:11 PM
+1

Those are beautiful images and would love to see them a little bigger.
It's amazing to see the conditions this vehicle can handle and its awesome owners.

I have a few bigger pics but they is a limit on uploaded size, I will email them to ya if you want,

riding in today at 30 degrees was chilly but the spyder likes the cold are, if you can heat the tire up enough to push it. I think it might be time for a new fuel filter.

NautiBrit
11-01-2009, 10:37 PM
"I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own."

I don't want to discount your "handicrapp" in a any way, but it seems to me that you're existing and living equal to and beyond what many others are doing. Keep up the challenges and God bless you.

Roaddog2
11-02-2009, 07:31 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

SethO
11-03-2009, 05:17 AM
"I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own."

I don't want to discount your "handicrapp" in a any way, but it seems to me that you're existing and living equal to and beyond what many others are doing. Keep up the challenges and God bless you.

you should have seen me before I got hurt, you learn a hella lot about yourself when you can't feel below your chest. There were days that I wish I would have done more, there are days that I need to do more like this, when only 40% of your body moves it takes an unbelievable amount of time to do simple things, Drives ya crazy. But I do as much I can, but not as much as I should. Anyone wants to come up and tear around just give me a heads up.

Tom in NM
11-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Seth, you set some pretty high standards for the rest of us to live up to.

Thanks!

Tom

SpyderWolf
11-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Hey Seth, if something ever brings me close to your neck of the woods, I will definitely look you up. :2thumbs:

Spyder#353
11-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Hell, I'm freezing when the temp. drops below 70*:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Maybe 65* Then the heat goes on.nojoke

SethO
11-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Hell, I'm freezing when the temp. drops below 70*:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Maybe 65* Then the heat goes on.nojoke

I would like to have that be an issue with heat on at 65, it 30 out right now, and my spyder is covered in frost, I did get a chance to ride other than back from my 6th day on at work this morning at 5am.

I am trying to setup a ride down there this febuary or late january when it sucks the ass up here, going to trailer the spyder down with anyone that will go until we get to the point of being able to ride and then go. I owe docdoru at rematch on the track, 1/8 mile down there so yeah I will have to rough it then in florida.

I got my garage just about done, just have to attach a beezeway from my house to the garage, its 28 by 50 and is better build than my house, I have had TONS of help from the cops I work with, the juveile center buddies I used to work with and the guard guys I was in with on this, it really is awsome to have the support I have.

It is a really shows what the spyder can take having it start everytime and work in these conditions day in and day out. I am a firm believer in the thought of if you ride or use something every day it will work better than letting it sit, ahhah that is funny to say in a wheelchair. I know I rag on the spyder for not being faster than it is but it does work very well on a day to day rider and doing many things well.

ElkSpyder
11-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Was 35 this morning when I pulled out of the garage to head into Milwaukee, and I thought that was cold, God I don't think I'd ride with that much white on the ground. You know what the dirtest 4 letter word in the English lanague is - SNOW.

Zerocool
11-05-2009, 08:57 PM
The ride to work tonight was epic, glad I had my rain gloves on, the thumb wipers are a absolute must, the snow made it so I could not see after 30 seconds of riding, plus after a few minutes the snow was stuck on the wipers on the gloves so you have to wipe them off on your pants.

SethO, I'm a huge fan. You're an inspiration for EVERYONE.

You rock dude!

:thumbup:

truck 85
11-06-2009, 05:11 PM
go Seth

I got cough i the hail about a week ago and being a new rider i had some trouble so my hat is off to you and your snow ride.
:2thumbs: nojoke

2spyders
11-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Seth - you are amazing! :clap: I love reading about your adventures!:2thumbs:

docdoru
11-08-2009, 09:08 PM
I owe docdoru at rematch on the track, 1/8 mile down there so yeah I will have to rough it then in florida.
:read::D:D:D:read:

SethO
11-09-2009, 09:50 PM
finally got my garage done enough to park in, so I can ride for a warm garage to the basement of the place I work at. Its nicer out now so I am goin to try to make more miles today.

Wristrocket
11-27-2009, 02:14 AM
Man what a animal.:2thumbs:

They must CLANK when you walk. Crap...well thats the only way the joke works. :roflblack: AWSOME! WR

SethO
12-01-2009, 11:46 PM
They must CLANK when you walk. Crap...well thats the only way the joke works. :roflblack: AWSOME! WR

you lost me guy,

rode it the WORST weather ever today to work, people driving slow which is crazy for around here. was frozen slushy snow, it took some fancy throttle work to get going if you stopped. On the ride home I am going to run about 10 psi so I can get a little more traction. the wheelchair on the back does not give me enough weight over the rear wheel, but rode into december in northern MN. worked for the 8th day in a row talking to toolboxes on the phone and fixing the problems they created, the wonderful world of 911.

Wristrocket
12-02-2009, 04:34 AM
Sorry Seth, my humor is just a bit out there....

I just mean that I think you have NO FEAR at all and that you definitely have BIG ASS BRASS BALLS! And if you could walk they would SURELY "CLANK!!". It's awesome seeing you out there in the snow. Props to you buddy!! Keep pushing the edge. :bowdown::bowdown: :2thumbs: WR

SethO
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Sorry Seth, my humor is just a bit out there....

I just mean that I think you have NO FEAR at all and that you definitely have BIG ASS BRASS BALLS! And if you could walk they would SURELY "CLANK!!". It's awesome seeing you out there in the snow. Props to you buddy!! Keep pushing the edge. :bowdown::bowdown: :2thumbs: WR

got it bud. sorry for the need of the explanation.

Ice is the worst even at 45 mph you darting all over the place, but i did better than the cars on the road.

When your not worried about dying its easy to not sweat the small stuff.

SpyderWolf
12-02-2009, 07:15 PM
When your not worried about dying its easy to not sweat the small stuff.

I remember those days as a young Marine, and GSX-R 750 pilot very well. They are way behind me now though.

Keep on keeping on!