PDA

View Full Version : XOPRODOX Grips: So Far, So Good!

SSG Bean
10-30-2009, 08:08 PM
I used Grip Puppies for a while with great results. However, they eventually split after about six months and I had to endure the stock grips again for a few weeks. I decided to get the XOPRODOX grips, because I like having a larger grip. The installation was pretty straight forward. The throttle head installed first, without any issues. Although the kit includes bar sleves, I still put a layer of electrical tape under everything to tighten them up a bit. The left grip is now really tight, while the throttle grip moves freely without rattling around. I put the throttle rocker back on, because I've grown comfortable with being able to relax my hand while riding. I took a few pics, but the lighting wasn't great in the garage. If I get a chance to take a better pic another time, I'll try to post it. I'll also give my impressions once I go for a ride tomorrow. They are heavy enough that they have potential to reduce vibration transfer. More to follow....

Trickie Dick
10-31-2009, 06:53 AM
I used Grip Puppies for a while with great results. However, they eventually split after about six months and I had to endure the stock grips again for a few weeks. I decided to get the XOPRODOX grips, because I like having a larger grip. The installation was pretty straight forward. The throttle head installed first, without any issues. Although the kit includes bar sleves, I still put a layer of electrical tape under everything to tighten them up a bit. The left grip is now really tight, while the throttle grip moves freely without rattling around. I put the throttle rocker back on, because I've grown comfortable with being able to relax my hand while riding. I took a few pics, but the lighting wasn't great in the garage. If I get a chance to take a better pic another time, I'll try to post it. I'll also give my impressions once I go for a ride tomorrow. They are heavy enough that they have potential to reduce vibration transfer. More to follow....

Those look nice and I'll bet they are comfortable. I agree on the Grip Puppies. Mine have split as well. But I think I'll just order another pair. They are considerable cheaper than XOPRODOX and they are comfortable as well.

bjt
10-31-2009, 09:44 AM
Those look nice. :thumbup:

HD2CANAM
10-31-2009, 01:59 PM
I put a pair with the spider webs on them. I had little allen screws that I tightened mine up with and have had no problems. Do get quite a few remarks of the looks.

SSG Bean
10-31-2009, 02:43 PM
I just finished riding for a few hours. The new grips worked out great! They are comfortable, and they do seem to isolate my hands from vibration a little better than the old setup. I strongly recommend these grips to anyone looking for something different. These grips also have the allen screws. However, the throttle side rattled just a bit before I put some tape under the sleeve. I had the chance to take some pictures with much better lighting.