PDA

View Full Version : Kewlmetal air ride

rnet
10-30-2009, 06:20 PM
With me and the wife on the spyder it sits pretty low even at the highest preload setting, woundering if any body has any feedback on these. May be winter project along with many others.

Mad Matt
10-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Rnet,

We have recently added some videos and updated installation instructions and a schematic to the website if you have not seen this yet, there is quite alot of new info there.

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=5_486&products_id=95&osCsid=3150f2c4d19c8d08c4e8411d43e4f426

Hope this helps,

Mad Matt

kromc5
10-31-2009, 05:05 AM
With me and the wife on the spyder it sits pretty low even at the highest preload setting, woundering if any body has any feedback on these. May be winter project along with many others.

I will post up my experience with the air ride system. I have the same issue we ride mostly at night. One out of every 3 cars flashes the highs on us. I also have increased the rear to seven but made very little difference. Even on the seventh setting my highs are hitting midway on the trees.

rnet
10-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Rnet,

We have recently added some videos and updated installation instructions and a schematic to the website if you have not seen this yet, there is quite alot of new info there.

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=5_486&products_id=95&osCsid=3150f2c4d19c8d08c4e8411d43e4f426

Hope this helps,

Mad Matt Yes I have, but I am looking for testamonials. Everything looks good on your end.

bjt
10-31-2009, 10:29 AM
I will post up my experience with the air ride system. I have the same issue we ride mostly at night. One out of every 3 cars flashes the highs on us. I also have increased the rear to seven but made very little difference. Even on the seventh setting my highs are hitting midway on the trees.

If you ride mostly two up, you should adjust the headlight aim to the correct height for that condition. Hopefully the air ride will work out for you.

kromc5
10-31-2009, 11:15 PM
If you ride mostly two up, you should adjust the headlight aim to the correct height for that condition. Hopefully the air ride will work out for you.

I tried that but it is not safe for the times I ride alone. The lights were just two low for me to see far enough ahead for the abundant deer we have.

XXX 74
11-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Yes I have, but I am looking for testamonials. Everything looks good on your end.

I have the Kewlmetal air suspension and im loving it.:thumbup: :ohyea:

Basically you adjust the system to fit your needs. you can make your suspension soft, hard, mid, while keeping the bike on standard (stock) position.

you can also adjust the ride height; keep it stock or lower the bike to the lowest position you can have it without touching the plastics in the rear. which really gives the bike a great look while parked...

I also noticed that, but that is with the stock suspension or the kewlmetal air suspension... I did exactly what bjt stated, i found a mid point that I felt comfortable with and adjusted. :thumbup:

and here is on stock riding position:

with stock suspension; before I modified the bike

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/Ricky777/SPYDER/IMG_0188.jpg

with Kewlmetal air suspension

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/Ricky777/SPYDER/CIMG0043.jpg

Here is the bike dropped all the way:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/Ricky777/SPYDER/IMG_0532.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/Ricky777/SPYDER/IMG_0402.jpg

bjt
11-01-2009, 08:05 AM
It would be nice if the headlights were easily (electrically?) adjustable like they are some other touring bikes.

rnet
11-01-2009, 08:58 AM
[quote=XXX 74;155911]I also noticed that, but that is with the stock suspension or the kewlmetal air suspension... I did exactly what bjt stated, i found a mid point that I felt comfortable with and adjusted. :thumbup:

when the head light is set right for one up and then add a passenger can you then bring up the suspension so that your ride height is back to before the passenger got on so your headlight would then be ok. By the way, nice pics.

XXX 74
11-01-2009, 01:49 PM
[quote=XXX 74;155911]I also noticed that, but that is with the stock suspension or the kewlmetal air suspension... I did exactly what bjt stated, i found a mid point that I felt comfortable with and adjusted. :thumbup:

when the head light is set right for one up and then add a passenger can you then bring up the suspension so that your ride height is back to before the passenger got on so your headlight would then be ok. By the way, nice pics.

:agree: You are absolutely correct... I just adjusted to mid point because i felt comfortable with it...
But it really does not matter.. with the 8k HID I can see everything !!!

I just simply love the fact that i can adjust the ride to what ever i feel like at any given time and situation and not worry... it all about choices !

great product (KewlMetal Air Suspension) and I strongly recommend it...

And by the way, thanks for the complement on the pics...

rnet
11-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Ok, you talked me into it, now hopefully the year end clearance sale will start soon, right Mad Matt.

XXX 74
11-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Ok, you talked me into it, now hopefully the year end clearance sale will start soon, right Mad Matt.

Out of all my mod's the air suspension is one of my favorites. :thumbup:

Go for it... ;)

your :spyder: is going to look bad ass :firstplace: and having the flexibility to adjust your ride suspension to your preference with a switch at any given time is priceless...:clap:

keep us posted... and if there is any other question feel free to ask...