PDA

View Full Version : HowTo: Making My dual fill air hose!

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-11-2023, 03:25 PM
JT is, and has been for some time, showing his dual fill air hose as out of stock. gkamer started a discussion about air pressures here https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?152760-How-do-you-handle-different-tire-pressure-readings. I decided it was time to post about how I made my own. Maybe it'll give others an idea how to make theirs.

I made my own dual fill air hose a few years ago. The dial gauge can be plugged into either the hose that connects directly to the valves, or into the air gun. The various connectors allow me to use the dual fill with any common air hose configuration at home, convenience stores, tire shops, etc. I put a flow restricter in the one adapter to better control air flow into small volumes like the rear shock air bag. The pressure gauge is a 0 - 100 dial gauge. A 0 - 60 would be better if you can find one. The air hose quick disconnects I used are the ones commonly used by homeowners, and others. They're referred to as industrial style.

Here is a clip on air chuck. I think this is the one I used. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NTH90536?impressionRank=20. One additional benefit of this hose configuration is it is easy to push one of the chucks onto the rear tire valve. To remove you just pull back on the sleeve. You don't need to have both chucks on a tire valve.

gkamer
02-11-2023, 04:42 PM
Looks like a pretty slick setup, unfortunately I don't have type of air compressor to connect it to. I have to rely on service station air hoses. Luckily I found one local service station that still offers 100% FREE air.

2dogs
02-11-2023, 06:57 PM
Looks like a pretty slick setup, unfortunately I don't have type of air compressor to connect it to. I have to rely on service station air hoses. Luckily I found one local service station that still offers 100% FREE air.

You can do the same thing using only a schrader valve instead of an inflator. 3 chucks 3 hoses and one schrader valve.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-13-2023, 01:31 AM
You can do the same thing using only a schrader valve instead of an inflator. 3 chucks 3 hoses and one schrader valve.

I should have made it clear. That is a Schrader valve on the end of the fill hose. The air gun chuck clips onto it. The fill hose can be used with a regular air hose with a tire valve chuck. So, Greg, just make the hose like I show and forget all the rest of the adapter pieces and you're golden.

bigbadbrucie
09-22-2023, 11:19 AM
Idaho.....should the 3 hoses be of equal length, or does it make any difference? I’m thinking that it shouldn’t make any difference, but.......

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Idaho.....should the 3 hoses be of equal length, or does it make any difference? I’m thinking that it shouldn’t make any difference, but.......

No need to be same length. Mine aren't.

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-22-2023, 01:01 PM
Here's the same chuck in steel, not brass, and $6 cheaper. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NTH90455.

Steve W.
09-22-2023, 01:27 PM
Luckily I found one local service station that still offers 100% FREE air.

I don't remember exactly where, but some localities have determined that having enough air in the tires is a SAFETY issue, therefore, it is illegal to charge for air.