PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done a stereo upgrade on a Spyder?

Dereck
02-07-2023, 05:45 PM
Has anyone done a stereo upgrade on a spider?

FrogmanDave
02-07-2023, 05:54 PM
PM K80Shooter

K80Shooter
02-07-2023, 06:27 PM
PM K80Shooter

Sorry Dave but I think you have me confused with Joel The Biker. Mine is still stock.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?141761-My-2021-S2S-has-a-rocking-stereo-now!&highlight=joel+the+biker

honsfun
02-07-2023, 06:43 PM

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-07-2023, 07:43 PM
Has anyone done a stereo upgrade on a spider?

It would be helpful if WE knew what Spyder & what year etc. ..... Mike

honsfun
02-08-2023, 01:53 PM
2015 F3- se6 MB Quart speakers- custom speaker housings-- power amp loc in frunk--- Bluetooth on off switch located left of ignition key. All installed by previous owner. Having put 25,000 miles on this bike (love it) the only thing i would change would be to remove the entire system. If you like going to bike nights and blasting tunes and flashing colored lights then it may be for you. I have found that at Hway speeds the system is a waste and i never use it. The best solution for me is bluetooth ear buds. $50.00 for a decent set, good clear sound at all speeds. Just my opinion! Howie

2dogs
02-08-2023, 02:54 PM
2015 F3- se6 MB Quart speakers- custom speaker housings-- power amp loc in frunk--- Bluetooth on off switch located left of ignition key. All installed by previous owner. Having put 25,000 miles on this bike (love it) the only thing i would change would be to remove the entire system. If you like going to bike nights and blasting tunes and flashing colored lights then it may be for you. I have found that at Hway speeds the system is a waste and i never use it. The best solution for me is bluetooth ear buds. $50.00 for a decent set, good clear sound at all speeds. Just my opinion! Howie

I'm with you here. I've been using bluetooth in the helmet speakers for years now. But I still see/hear guys riding around with speakers blaring out music and I think, man are you still ride'n in 80's? This is the 21st century and nobody but you wants to hear that stuff.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-08-2023, 04:23 PM

Interesting ..... I swapped to 2 ohm JBL's and I have really good clarity & volume at 85 MPH ( with the OEM radio ..... Mike :thumbup:

Majaste
02-08-2023, 10:11 PM
Interesting ..... I swapped to 2 ohm JBL's and I have really good clarity & volume at 85 MPH ( with the OEM radio ..... Mike :thumbup:

If you don't mind, what is the model of the JBL speaker you installed?

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-08-2023, 10:25 PM
If you don't mind, what is the model of the JBL speaker you installed?

Well I did this back in 2014, and the model I bought has superceded at least 4 times. I have purchased the JBL brand for quite a few different veh's over the decades, and loved all of them. For me the key to a great Spyder application is finding a 2 or 3 OHM speaker. ... I' ve explained why a few times over the years, but I'm not a typist. ..... Look at " Sonicelectronix " web site .... They have a great selection, and are a great company to deal with. ... I see you have a 22 Sea to Sky .... PM " Joel the Biker " He is the only member who had success up-grading His sound on that model ..... good luck .... Mike

FrogmanDave
02-09-2023, 08:53 AM
Sorry Dave but I think you have me confused with Joel The Biker. Mine is still stock.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?141761-My-2021-S2S-has-a-rocking-stereo-now!&highlight=joel+the+biker

You are correct sir. My bad.