PDA

View Full Version : 2022 RT Limited, can't find release tabs for Passenger Seat removal - help?

Old Willie
01-28-2023, 05:27 PM
We have a 2022 RT limited and I want to install the OEM rider backrest. I've watched a video on seat removal, and I haven't been able to find the release tabs for the passenger seat. Can anyone help? It looks and sounds simple enough, I just haven't been able to find the release tabs to push or pull.
Thanks,
Willie

K80Shooter
01-28-2023, 05:32 PM
They are just behind the back of the front seat. There is one on each side. Get a light and shine under there and you should see them. Once you find them you can do it by feel from then on.

Peteoz
01-28-2023, 05:33 PM
Hi Willie…..they are here.(see photo…that’s the left tab shown). I found the easiest way was to stand on the right of the RT (accelerator side), and look well under the rear seat…..push in on the right tab (looking toward the rear of the RT ) with my right thumb (doesn’t require too much pressure), reach over with my left hand and lift the right side (looking toward the rear) of the rear seat at the same time. That should release it.

Pete

Old Willie
01-28-2023, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the sugestions and picture. I'll try again in the morning.
Willie

Copperman
01-29-2023, 08:09 AM
Remember, if you have a driver's backrest, that needs to be removed first.

Old Willie
01-29-2023, 09:12 PM
I want to thank you guys again! I was looking in the wrong spot. I got the seat off and the new backrest installed. A nice day in southern Arizona and we were able to get a nice ride in this afternoon. We rode almost three hours this afternoon.

Thanks,
Willie

Peteoz
01-29-2023, 11:54 PM
I want to thank you guys again! I was looking in the wrong spot. I got the seat off and the new backrest installed. A nice day in southern Arizona and we were able to get a nice ride in this afternoon. We rode almost three hours this afternoon.

Thanks,
Willie

Good to hear, Willie :thumbup: I think most of us have been looking in the wrong spot when trying to first locate those tabs :thumbup:

Pete