PDA

View Full Version : Is Hicklin Power Sports in Grimes (Iowa) a good dealer? Looking for new or used F3

MikesNaturalRoast
01-16-2023, 07:27 PM
I’ve decided to purchase a F3, probably in April when I finally get my motorcycle license. I’m looking for opinions on buying used or new. From what I’ve observed it seems like used Spyders hold their value really well. I’m amazed at the amount of money people ask for these with thousands of miles on them and several years old. Seems like the main advantage is just saving the dealer transfer fee for buying new. I’d appreciate opinions from experienced owners on this. I’m just new to Can Am Spyders.

Knizar
01-16-2023, 07:45 PM
:welcome: You have come to the right forum!:yes::thumbup: Bill

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-16-2023, 08:21 PM

:welcome: .... Go to the Home page and look at the VENDOR list .... scroll down to " Imotorsports " and see what's available in used and then new. They ship all Spyders for free.... plus their prices are very reasonable for a Dealer. .... I also recommend buying Used for too many reasons to list .... good luck ... Mike :thumbup:

MikesNaturalRoast
01-16-2023, 08:43 PM
Thanks Bill.

MikesNaturalRoast
01-16-2023, 08:45 PM
Thanks, buying used sounds good, free shipping too.

spyderdave
01-17-2023, 04:52 AM
When I was looking in early 2020, I stopped in at Hicklin to checkout what they had. They seemed to be more "side-by-side" oriented, there were no Spyders on the floor and they had no idea if or when they were going to get any new models. I wasn't very impressed.

I live about 2 hrs east of you and would recommend you visit Metro Motorsports in Cedar Rapids. I bought from them in 2020; they were (at the time) the biggest Spyder dealer in the state. The salesman I dealt with was extremely knowledgeable (and patient), let me talk with their certified mechanic and let me test one of the first two RTL's shipped to IA.

They've changed my rear tire (to an auto tire), laser aligned the front and a few little things, with no complaints.

Give 'em a call and see what they have on the showroom floor.

MNF3
01-17-2023, 06:58 AM
Also check with Sportsman Corner in Algona. Good dealer!

dpetrick
01-17-2023, 09:21 AM
Also recommend Sportsman’s Corner in Algona.

vito1943
01-17-2023, 11:18 AM
:welcome: .... Go to the Home page and look at the VENDOR list .... :thumbup:

Where is this "Vendor list" that you are referring to? I find nothing on the Home Page.

Peter Aawen
01-17-2023, 12:05 PM
Where is this "Vendor list" that you are referring to? I find nothing on the Home Page.

If you can't see all the Vendor/Sponsor Logo's on the Home Page in the middle of the page under the second heading down, SpyderLovers Supporting Vendors, then please, as the very next line of text on that page asks:

If you see NO advertising banners, please disable your ad blocker.

There's Logo's grouped under Headings like:

Spyder Trailers and Accessories;
Unique Spyder Products & Services;
Spyder Floorboards & More;
Can-Am Supporting Dealers;
Spyder Performance & Suspension; and
Spyder Seating

Each Logo is also a link to that Supplier's Website or Page/Sub-Forum.

Enjoy! :cheers:

ARtraveler
01-17-2023, 01:42 PM
:welcome:

MikesNaturalRoast
01-17-2023, 09:55 PM
When I was looking in early 2020, I stopped in at Hicklin to checkout what they had. They seemed to be more "side-by-side" oriented, there were no Spyders on the floor and they had no idea if or when they were going to get any new models. I wasn't very impressed.

I live about 2 hrs east of you and would recommend you visit Metro Motorsports in Cedar Rapids. I bought from them in 2020; they were (at the time) the biggest Spyder dealer in the state. The salesman I dealt with was extremely knowledgeable (and patient), let me talk with their certified mechanic and let me test one of the first two RTL's shipped to IA.

They've changed my rear tire (to an auto tire), laser aligned the front and a few little things, with no complaints.

Give 'em a call and see what they have on the showroom floor.

Awesome, thanks. I kind of felt the same way at Hicklin.

MikesNaturalRoast
01-17-2023, 09:57 PM
Also check with Sportsman Corner in Algona. Good dealer!

Also recommend Sportsman’s Corner in Algona.

That’s quite a distance for me.

rhallanger
01-19-2023, 09:43 PM
I bought my '21 from Hicklin... was pretty satisfied.. and another from our riding group here in MN bought an F-3 from them..thought they were fair..
now just waitin for our snow after snow after snow to MELT

Mazo EMS2
01-22-2023, 02:50 PM
I’ve decided to purchase a F3, probably in April when I finally get my motorcycle license. I’m looking for opinions on buying used or new. From what I’ve observed it seems like used Spyders hold their value really well. I’m amazed at the amount of money people ask for these with thousands of miles on them and several years old. Seems like the main advantage is just saving the dealer transfer fee for buying new. I’d appreciate opinions from experienced owners on this. I’m just new to Can Am Spyders.

FWIW, We've got good friends in Panora. They've never really felt comfortable with Hicklin. They recently went there to talk about a new 2022 S2S and felt like they were getting the brush off. They too felt like Hicklin is more focused on side by sides. They went to Atlantic, IA to Olsen's Outdoor Power SPorts and felt like they got a great deal with great service

Morturf
01-23-2023, 12:06 AM
I got my 2021 S2S at Hicklin and felt it was fair and honest. Got a great trade-in price. Talk to Joe at Hicklins he's a good guy. They gave me the best deal of all the different dealers I worked with. The trade had something to do with it they gave me a good deal.