PDA

View Full Version : Battery Tender is on Lithium not AGM - is this OK?

USAF
01-16-2023, 12:03 PM
On my battery tender/charger, it automatically selects the battery type and volt, and has a select button also for each. I just noticed its on " Lithium " and not AGM and will not let me select AGM ? Its been on for the past 2 months like this. Is this ok ?

Bfromla
01-16-2023, 12:13 PM
Maybe try connecting to other batteries see if automaticity adjust properly & not stuck. Do instructions say battery has to be removed or anything?

USAF
01-16-2023, 01:04 PM
Maybe try connecting to other batteries see if automaticity adjust properly & not stuck. Do instructions say battery has to be removed or anything?

No, It actually says " Set it and forget it " right on the box.

K80Shooter
01-16-2023, 01:16 PM
I would disconnect it and then reconnect it and see what happens.
If it didn't change then I would call the company and see what they say.

If under warranty, then return it.

PaladinLV
01-16-2023, 02:49 PM
Disconnect, and pull plug to AC. Wait until all Lights are out plus 1 minute. Plug into AC, and select AGM.
If it does not show AGM selected, the tender MAY have a problem, call Delron.
If AGM is activated plug to battery.
Charging an AGM as a Lithium most likely did not effect the battery.
Charging a Lithium as an AGM, could cause a problem, BUT most Lithium are OK with the Delron due to the way it charges and is "approved" by most Lithium providers, even if it does NOT have the Lithium option.

AJ

USAF
01-16-2023, 03:04 PM
Charging an AGM as a Lithium most likely did not effect the battery.
Charging a Lithium as an AGM, could cause a problem, BUT most Lithium are OK with the Delron due to the way it charges and is "approved" by most Lithium providers, even if it does NOT have the Lithium option.

AJ

Maybe thats why its charging as Lithium ? I tried to call the company but they are closed today, Will try again tomorrow.

USAF
01-17-2023, 10:17 AM
So I called the company and what PaladinLV said was very accurate, Thanks ! They said you have to unplug the tender from the vehicle, Then unplug from the power outlet. Then you plug back into the power outlet and select battery type BEFORE you connect to the battery. I guess you cannot select battery type while it's connected as the select button is disabled at that point.

Peteoz
01-17-2023, 03:23 PM
So I called the company and what PaladinLV said was very accurate, Thanks ! They said you have to unplug the tender from the vehicle, Then unplug from the power outlet. Then you plug back into the power outlet and select battery type BEFORE you connect to the battery. I guess you cannot select battery type while it's connected as the select button is disabled at that point.

Great to see you got it sorted, Rick……that’s why problem solving online is so “fraught with danger”. When I set up a new tender, I always read the instructions and set everything up before using. So, naturally, I assumed your tender was not connected to the Spyder while you were attempting to make changes. (That is not meant as any sort of criticism;)).
It is so easy to make assumptions based on personal influences. :thumbup:

Pete