PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request...

MarkLawson
10-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Mary Lou, my wife (the Spyder owner in our family, although my RT is ordered...), is having back surgery tomorrow. The surgery is to remove a Synovial Cyst that is pressing against her spinal fluid, but not her spinal chord. The spinal chord is not in play since it ends several vertebrae north of the cyst.

We expect only great results & should have her back on the Spyder within a few weeks.

We would certainly appreciate your prayers.

Thanks,

Dragracer
10-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Florida!

Magic Man
10-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Patti and I will say a prayer for you both. :pray:

Good luck! :thumbup:

bjt
10-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Praying for your wife's full recovery after a safe and successful surgery.

Smylinacha
10-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Prayers being sent over and a speedy recovery!

Derwin
10-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Prayers for Mary Lou are sent. :pray:

Here's to a complete healing and a very speedy recovery.

Derwin

dave01
10-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Prayers sent your way for a quick and complete recovery.:pray::pray::pray:

retread
10-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Praying for the Lord's guidance for the doctors and healing mercies for your wife.

john

Dukester
10-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Your wife is in my prayers.

Brevet05
10-29-2009, 07:38 AM
We have Mary Lou in prayer as well. May God's grace and comfort give you quick healing and peace of mind.

pastorchuck
10-29-2009, 11:46 AM
We're all praying with you for Mary Lou. Keep us informed.

2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,

Psalms 103:2-4 (NKJV)

MarkLawson
10-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks everyone, & thanks for God's mercies. The surgery went well yesterday & was actually much faster than predicted. They removed the cycst & a piece of bone from L4 or L5 (not sure which). She was on her feet some 8 hours later & I brought her home around noon today. She's taking things slowly, but has been up several times to walk around the house.

We've know the surgeon only a few weeks, but have known the Healer for many years. All praise to Jehovah Rapha, our God who heals us - Jesus.

God bless,

bjt
10-31-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks everyone, & thanks for God's mercies. The surgery went well yesterday & was actually much faster than predicted. They removed the cycst & a piece of bone from L4 or L5 (not sure which). She was on her feet some 8 hours later & I brought her home around noon today. She's taking things slowly, but has been up several times to walk around the house.

We've know the surgeon only a few weeks, but have known the Healer for many years. All praise to Jehovah Rapha, our God who heals us - Jesus.

God bless,

Amen!

Roaddog2
11-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Amen!+1

DynamoBT
11-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Didn't see this before now. So glad your wife came through just fine. Hope she is soon feeling back to form and ryding soon.

MarkLawson
11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
We have a follow-up Dr appt Friday, 11/13. I'm sure one of the first questions asked will be "When can I ride my Spyder again???" She was heart broken when 2 weeks before the surgery the Dr told her to stay off the bike...

All is progressing much faster than we expected. Even the first evening, she mentioned that she no longer felt the pain that made the surgery necessary. That was great news. She walked to the bathroom that same evening & has increased her activities each day, while reducing her pain meds. They even let her start laying on her side while sleeping, which made her much more comfortable since she has a hard time sleeping on her back, even without a 2" incision...

Thanks for your continued prayers. We can testify to God's mercies everyday!

Smylinacha
11-03-2009, 02:48 PM
That is great news! :2thumbs:
We have a follow-up Dr appt Friday, 11/13. I'm sure one of the first questions asked will be "When can I ride my Spyder again???" She was heart broken when 2 weeks before the surgery the Dr told her to stay off the bike...

All is progressing much faster than we expected. Even the first evening, she mentioned that she no longer felt the pain that made the surgery necessary. That was great news. She walked to the bathroom that same evening & has increased her activities each day, while reducing her pain meds. They even let her start laying on her side while sleeping, which made her much more comfortable since she has a hard time sleeping on her back, even without a 2" incision...

Thanks for your continued prayers. We can testify to God's mercies everyday!

MarkLawson
11-12-2009, 11:50 AM
My wife sees her surgeon tomorrow. Our hope & expectation is that he'll give her a full release to do whatever she feels up to doing. W leave for Israel on November 29th (Sunday after Thanksgiving) & are hoping she'll tolerate the 12-hour flight without too much discomfort.

I'll let you know how her appointment goes tomorrow...

Smylinacha
11-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Get a nice little travel "neck" pillow for her neck and then a lumbar one for her back for the plane.

My wife sees her surgeon tomorrow. Our hope & expectation is that he'll give her a full release to do whatever she feels up to doing. W leave for Israel on November 29th (Sunday after Thanksgiving) & are hoping she'll tolerate the 12-hour flight without too much discomfort.

I'll let you know how her appointment goes tomorrow...

pastorchuck
11-12-2009, 05:53 PM

God bless,

Our God Reigns!

MarkLawson
11-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Saw the doc today & all is well. He removed her stitches (2" incision) & replaced them with butterfly bandages to allow the wound to heal more smoothly. He did say she should stay off the Spyder, at least the main roads. He's just concerned what might happen if there's any sudden maneuvering that could cause her a setback. He did relent and say she could ride around the subdivision, so it wasn't a total loss. As it is, she'll likely not do any real riding until we return from Israel on 12/09.

Thanks for all the prayers. The prayers of a righteous man avails much!